Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 11-22-2014 12:29 PM

:)Yes we got alotta rain th'smornin'. An inch & a half!:)
DH is makin' BBQ sauce. He is thinkin' o' sellin' a package o' spices that can be mixed w/wet ingredients. Kinda like a cake mix.

works4me 11-23-2014 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Managed a little me-time this weekend so Children's Delight and Minnesota are now complete. I was thinking of posting a progress photo and QuiltingNinaSue concurred so here it is:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499985[/ATTACH]
27 blocks complete as well as, in the bottom right corner, 3 filler raven blocks.

And me-time is now over.

Honchey 11-23-2014 08:53 AM

works4me, Your background fabric..excellent choice for the blocks..so soft it makes me want to sink into it. it's coming along beautifully...

Bev, Heard on the news there was an earthquake in Texas...anywhere near you?

I'm anxious to see the book Jeanie, tough 6 " blocks???? we'll have lots to talk about.. maybe start stocking up on seam rippers & reams of paper :D:D...

QuiltingNinaSue 11-23-2014 09:49 AM

It leaves me breathless! Wow! How wonderful it all looks together! Lovely job, Works4me.

dublb 11-23-2014 11:34 AM

Oh W4M it is so bright & cheerful! :thumbup:
Anne I haven't watched any news but there hasn't been any earthquack anywhere near me. TX is a very BIG state, it could have been very far from me. I live half way between Dallas & El Paso. It's is 5 hours either direction.
6 inch squares? Wow! I am havin' a hard time w/the 8" squares. I didn't do the FWS so haven't made any 6" squares.

janRN 11-23-2014 02:46 PM

Awesome job, W4M. I was looking at the blocks trying to pick a favorite. Hmm--I like them all but the 3rd block in the 4th row really catches my eye. Love the Raven fill-ins, too.

I'm sitting here on Sunday night NOT preparing for work tomorrow. I don't work until 12/1 and then not til 12/23. Only 2 more work days til The End--YAY!!!!

Honchey 11-23-2014 03:43 PM

Gee Jan, now all you need is for your Bumble Bees to win and you'll be overjoyed!!! Bummer You team isn't playing this week:(

I'm liking the little ghosties in the third block in the first row and the owl block....

Any thoughts on what kind of themed fabric for the next ride anyone??? scrappy? batiks? vintage?

janRN 11-23-2014 06:16 PM

No Steelers game today (I hate those throw-back bumble bee uniforms) so I worked on a bed runner for the B&B. It measures 85 x 22". I looked at bed runners and there doesn't seem to be any standard sizes. I'm thinking it looks too narrow. Also, I used 6 of the 50 Fab stars done in batiks so it doesn't look at all "rustic" like the B&B. Now I'm doubting my choice. (Don't I always doubt myself???) I guess it could also be a table runner for a long table. I'll show it to the owner, if she wants it okay, if not it can go on my dining room table.

I think I'll probably do the next ride similar to the FWS & PC quilts fabric-wise: scrappy but no donkeys!!! Well, maybe one block just because they've become kind of my signature. What did Laurie mean by "more difficult"? Hope that doesn't mean lots of y-seams!

dublb 11-23-2014 06:29 PM

My Texans lost again. DH is watchin' the Cowboys now. I am not fond o' Jerry Jones so I'm not watchin'.
I have decided not ta pick out fabric till I see the book. I sure messed up w/my fabric choice for the PC. LOL

QuiltingNinaSue 11-23-2014 06:32 PM

I will probably cheer from the sidelines on the next ride...unless the vision improves. Disappointing, but got to go with the flow here. Time will tell. I will, I think, buy the book and read it. I wonder how many blocks it will take?