Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 11-18-2014 08:00 PM

Make up???? What's that??? I can't remember the last time I used make up....Rarely used it in my youth. lipstick once in a awhile.

janRN 11-19-2014 05:24 AM

Thank you, Jeanie-that sounds exactly like what her recipe tasted like. I've never seen a package of 15 bean mix but will check when I get groceries next. I was thinking I had to buy all different bags & cans of beans and couldn't figure out how to get them all to cook and come out done at the same time. Thanks!

JanieW 11-19-2014 01:17 PM

Hi everybody,

this is is just a drive by post as I have a gazillion things that must be done today. No sewing again, but maybe Friday.

I perforated my ear drum in the only ear that could hear so am very frustrated. It sounds like everyone is mumbling. Other ear hears, but not useful, all sounds are distorted, everyone sounds like Darth Vader! :D! Poor me. It could be worse.

hope you all are keeping well and happy.

Janie

dublb 11-19-2014 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6975011)
Make up???? What's that??? I can't remember the last time I used make up....Rarely used it in my youth. lipstick once in a awhile.

LOL All I use for make up is mascara & lip stick. I do put it on every day though. It brings up my self confidence that used ta be real low.

dublb 11-19-2014 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6975004)
Hi everyone!

I am having a good time at my son's. The grandchildren are such a joy.

QNS, Cactus is beautiful, my mom could grow them and with her green thumb, everything bloomed. She had fuschias, azaleas, gardenias, camelias.

Jan - there is a mix (at least here) that is called 15 Bean Soup Mix. It is wonderful! I always use this bean mixture when making Ham and Bean Soup. Here is my recipe:

Fifteen Bean Soup

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]1 pkg 15 Bean Soup beans
2 quarts water
1 ea onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced[/TD]
[TD]3 ea bay leaf
1 lb ham, diced
15 oz chopped tomatoes with puree
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Procedure
1 Rinse & pick over beans, separating out small stones, etc. Cover beans with hot water and bring to a boil for two minutes; remove from heat. Let stand 1 hour. Drain water, rinse beans and proceed with recipe.
2 Add water to beans and onion, garlic and meat and simmer slowly uncovered for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
3 Beans also can be prepared in a crock pot, but use "high" setting. Beans are done when tender.
4 Add tomatoes and cayenne pepper and simmer 30 minutes more. (Do not add tomatoes earlier because it will stop the beans from cooking properly.
Servings: 8

That sounds wonderful!

dublb 11-19-2014 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 6975934)
Hi everybody,

this is is just a drive by post as I have a gazillion things that must be done today. No sewing again, but maybe Friday.

I perforated my ear drum in the only ear that could hear so am very frustrated. It sounds like everyone is mumbling. Other ear hears, but not useful, all sounds are distorted, everyone sounds like Darth Vader! :D! Poor me. It could be worse.

hope you all are keeping well and happy.

Janie

I'm so glad ta "see" ya! Sure hope that your ears git better real soon. :)

dublb 11-20-2014 06:36 PM

How's everyone doin' taday? I've been so busy the last few days that I haven't been able ta sew a'tall.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-20-2014 06:49 PM

Busy day here, Dublb. Dh saw another Dentist to check out his gums; and got the same opinion that he is eating some thing too hard, causing his gums to swell.

A quick shopping trip into Wal Mart and home again; picked up strawberries for dh, cat food, and pate for cats. Bottled water for me and Dh when we travel. Home again, and looked through the mail for the week and sorted it out. Dh is still looking for his glasses that he has 'misplaced' somewhere....since ?????

See what tomorrow brings, one day at a time.

dublb 11-20-2014 07:09 PM

I have a bad habit o' misplacin' my glasses & key's. LOL I have a bunch o' keys all tagether so that I don't lose 'em actually there are many more keychaines than keys on 'em. I haven't lost my keys in about 5 years. My glasses however........that's another story. :)

JeanieG 11-20-2014 08:21 PM

QNS, is you DH going to get dentures? It would be so hard to eat much of anything without them...ouch!