Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 05-17-2014 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lots happening here as usual, I haven't had time to comment to everybody so please forgive me. I am thinking of you all though.
I have been buried beneath a quilt top for the past week determined to get it finished. So here is the big reveal. I am taking it to the LQS next week and she will baste it for me then I have to quilt it:shock:
It is huge 87 x 107

janRN 05-17-2014 05:00 PM

That's lovely, Mirab. That's a Pam Bono pattern isn't it? Wow--great job. Her patterns are not the easiest to do. I take up half my sewing room just organizing the cut pieces and the largest I've done is a large table runner. You did an awesome job, can't wait to see how you quilt it.

QuiltE 05-17-2014 05:51 PM

DDamsel ... a whirlwind as usual, but you sound so happy amidst the whirlwind! Here's to a great time quilting with your Mom! You have now given me a visual of building that new bunny hutch, complete with curtains and the finest of decor! :D

GGal ... glad I am not the only one who forgets what they post! :)

Honchey ... Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you!

JanRN ... you really need to have a cat experience! :D

MiraB ... all done and oh my .... it's oh so beautiful! It's been nice to see your previews as you worked on it and now it's all in one piece. Now to finish it with some of your fine quilting!

works4me 05-17-2014 06:26 PM

Beautiful Mirabelle.

I managed to get Cat's Paw complete tonight. Hope for two more blocks this weekend.

Anael 05-17-2014 09:41 PM

Mirabelle, stunning ! ! ! ! Any idea how to quilt it?

DD, great to see you again! I'm glad you're ok :) Good luck with your bunny hutch :D :D

Honchey 05-18-2014 05:58 AM

That is some beautiful quilt Mirabelle !! You have such dedication to your craft...I applaud you!! Now you need to send me some of those batteries :D :D

deranged_damsel 05-18-2014 08:50 AM

Have any of you looked at doing, or done a "Jacks Chain"??? Im a little obsessed with this pattern as of right now... I have fabric to DO IT. it seems a little intimidating. hmmmmm... DONT LOOK Jan! its ALL y seams :D

It is so good to hear from everyone! I love every minute of it! :D :D :D our group is just the BEST!!! all of the talent and friendship just blows me away!!!

My mutual friend came back for a visit, all of the way from CO, on her way to further destinations... and it turns out we have much more in common than previously thought!!! she is a QUILTER on par with you ladies, showing her my works in progress she was helpful on finishing ideas :D and all praise for my piecing skills :D AND most everything I showed her had fabric she LOVED or already OWNS also! it was a GREAT confidence boost for me :D
AND after email exchange... and phone numbers.... maybe I have a new close friend :D a girl can never have too many.

Anael 05-18-2014 09:38 AM

DD, I didn't know the pattern but now I do :) Wow, it really looks intimidating! Great to find somebody who likes the same things!

works4me 05-18-2014 10:24 AM

And on an easier quilt :) - Old Indian Trail is finished.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-18-2014 10:28 AM

Mirabelle, that is a great job on Out of Darkness; I have that one and the one with a white background, buried deep in my sewing room that will never see daylight in my lifetime. Did you log your hours it took to make the top? It looks to me like it would appraise out at about $3000.00 or more. Wow, you have topped your own record with that one. I hope after it is quilted, you email pictures back to Pam Bono.

D_D, ever wonder why a friend comes back to renew a friendship just when you need a friend to give you a boost of confidence when you need it?? Like, wow, it is not the greatest thing!!

One cannot have too many good frieinds; it is wonderful to meet a stranger and discover a new friend as well.

Still struggling along with Mama and her kittens....kittens come in different sizes, depending upon how well I am seeing for the moment, and hoping and thinking,.....it will get better.....it will get better....it will get better.Optic Nerve has gone down...but there is some nerve damage...but I am not blind....quite yet....I can see the computer screen and the television shows....Don't wait to capture your dreems....do it now....