Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 05-18-2014 12:38 PM

Oh wow, so much agoin' on. We have such a busy group. Has anyone heard from GrannyQ in a while? I'm still prayin' for her & her DH.
DH & I finished our raised bed garden. I really can't believe that 3 beds took so much work nor so much pottin' soil! We planted 4 different kinds o' squash, okra, & purple hull peas.

QuiltE 05-18-2014 01:44 PM

DDamsel ... please do show us your first blocks! An interesting pattern and would be a perfect scrappy one too! Oh what fun to have a new quilting friend IRL!

JanRN ...
eeeks y-seams ... though maybe if you did it in yellow, you would miss the y-part! :D

DublB asked about Granny? ............. I've also been wondering about JanieW?
Has anyone been in touch with either?

A beautiful day ... though cool here.
So I hid out in the sewing room! :)

works4me 05-18-2014 03:32 PM

Everyone is so busy here. Taking good advantage of a weekend.
My third block of the weekend is complete - lightning. And that is it for PC blocks this weekend.

janRN 05-18-2014 05:05 PM

Yep, that quilt pattern ranks on my list of things to do right after my colonoscopy LOL.

dublb 05-18-2014 06:37 PM

Well I guess I'm a bit crazy. After I got off here I went out & started cuttin' back the big monster bush. The lady that lived here had put chain link about 2 feet above the tile block fence. This bush has pulled it over the edge & is draped all over on ta the other side & it touched the ground. I spent 2 hours out there cuttin' on it till DH woke up from his nap. Once he woke up he saw me & brought out the chain saw. We got it cut back from the back ta the chain link & cut the front way back. It's nearly till it is 3 ft. I haven't decided if I want ta keep it or not yet. It could be a purdy bush. There is still a ton o' stuff in the chain link!

Anael 05-18-2014 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6722012)
Yep, that quilt pattern ranks on my list of things to do right after my colonoscopy LOL.

Not on my list and I'm having a colonoscopy next Monday :D :D

gardnergal970 05-19-2014 04:51 AM

DD...I looked up Jack's Chain and found this...no y seams. http://www.quiltdesignnw.com/eq-jack...lt-pattern.htm. It's a beautiful quilt. It seems a quilting buddy just takes any friendship to another level. So happy for you!
Mirabelle...such a beautiful quilt!
Anael...hope the colonoscopy shows no problems.
Dubib...sounds like your DH knows how to tackle a bush! How big are your new garden beds?
works4me...congratulations on the finish! Any pictures?
Jan...any new projects? All at once I seems to have too many going. Don't know how that happened.
QuiltE...you weather will be warming up. It finally got back to shirt sleeves here yesterday and I got a good day in the garden. I've been here 4 seasons now and it was so satisfying to see how the structure of the garden has formed and with enough perennials that I don't have to start from scratch every spring!
Today I'm attending a PP class with my QBs. The instructor is excellent or I probably would have passed. I'm sure I'll pick up a couple of tips and enjoy my friends. :wave::wave:

mirabelle 05-19-2014 05:01 AM

Thanks everyone, no I didn't log the hours spent on it but it used to take me a whole day to cut one block and then it would take me several days to piece it. I started taking it to patchwork but too many interruptions meant too much reverse sewing:D I do know that I worked on it all of last week just to put it all together. Jan it is Pam Bono's Out of the Darkness.
My LQS is going to baste it for me then I will have to find the courage to start the quilting, it is a little intimidating.

I like Jack's Chain but have the Omigosh quilt pattern sitting on my dining room table at the moment, juuusssttt thinking about it, any takers huh huh huh

I would reaaaallllly like to say that I am not starting anything new for a while but who am I kidding, I have to prep the fabric for another kaleidoscope ready for Friday, the girls at patchwork have never made one so asked me if I would show them how....I know I'm a sucker, but it goes with my plan to "use my fabric" !!!!!!

Have a great day everyone

Anael 05-19-2014 07:03 AM

NOOOOOOOO you're going to do the Omigosh quilt ???? With a zillion tiny pieces? I love that one!!!!

oksewglad 05-19-2014 07:42 AM

DD Oh my--Jack's Chain could be close to nearly insane! But I liked this version of it--the first image on my Google search--no Y seams...
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...faWPNtMbJD58zg

HMMM I just added another 20 1.5 9P to my jar. This would work! Or should I consider the OMGosh quilt?

mirabelle just keeps us "sighing" doesn't she.

Quilters are such a great group aren't they? So willing to share.....

Sorry haven't heard from either GQ or Janie in a while. Let's hope all's well with them.

Keep digging for that camera, Honchey. It'll show up when you least expect it.

You'll love your beds, dublb, but they do require extra water. How's the rain situation down there--still dire?

Have the warm wishes quilt about half quilted--not doing a very good job so when I'm done no close ups!!!

Have to pay some bills so I'm off...