Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 03-05-2014 11:43 AM

Oh Anael, what fun you will have fashioning quilts for those SewGrands! My package is being mailed today, I'm kind of slow! I guess it will be fun to anticipate more packages!

QNS - did the Drs. say you would be needing a knee replacement in the future? I know you said it was bone-on-bone, how painful for you, especially with all this cold weather. My arthritic fingers always feel better in the warmer weather!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-05-2014 01:42 PM

JeanieG, the Dr. say in the future, possible knee replacement, but first we jump through the loops of what the insurance company says that we need too complete...a shot into the knee, etc...., that I am not happy with right now. New procedure is to draw bone marrow from the hip, pull out the ? from it and pump it into the knee area that is bone against bone to regrow the 'cushion' there. Mine is gone from the inner portion, but not the outer portion of the knee...is more like a pulled tendon on the inner part of the right knee, therefore, the brace does help keep the pressure off the knee and supports it more. I 'cleaned' the floor with a paper towel in a circular movement with my right leg and it damaged or re-injured the right knee again. DH just told me "Don't do that again!" Cold weather does not help either. I am not ready to think about knee replacement yet. Think I am in denial of getting older, just better.... someway, I must be getting better with age and wisdom....still looking for the wisdom.:D:D:D

QuiltingNinaSue 03-05-2014 04:20 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...60391502_n.jpgFor a laugh or two from my face book. Snowing in Southern Iowa again today....but warmer temperatures here through next Tuesday, so good-bye snow. Spring is just around the corner.

Anael 03-06-2014 05:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Again a nice and sunny day. What to do when you're a PP or KK? Yes, have a peek at the neighbors :D :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465912[/ATTACH]

Anael 03-06-2014 09:03 AM

Another surprise arrived today, this one is from JanRN. Thanks so much Jan! The block is gorgeous, will post a picture tomorrow. And the cooking magazines, thanks a lot for those. My first 'international' cooking magazines! I already saw some recipes I'm going to try :)

mirabelle 03-06-2014 02:17 PM

ooohhh Anael must be just like Christmas at your house, enjoy the goodies:thumbup:

QuiltE 03-06-2014 07:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Anael ... great pics from Mick's Birthday and of Neighbour Kitty. She looks very intent and getting ready to pounce! Nice additions in your mailbox yesterday. Look forward to seeing today's too!

MiraB and JanieW ... great choices to go with Anael's blocks!

DDamsel ... talk about one Energizer Bunny you have become! :D:D

I got mail today ............ Thank You OKSGlad ... what a lovely block to end the MB surprises with!!! It goes so nicely with the other blocks. You chose some wonderful soft colours fabrics and I'm really pleased!

This block from OKSGlad chose is Prairie Flower, symbolic of a tract of virgin prairie that is close to where she was raised. Here it is ....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466040[/ATTACH]

Now for a look at my whole MB Collection. Thank You Everyone for making this possible and keeping at it for the whole year. Many memories are in these blocks for me. Though for now, I do not know how I will put it together. Any suggestions??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466041[/ATTACH]

As we went along the MB journey, I made Little Sisters to each of the blocks I sent out. Plus a few extras. Again, I have not made any decisions on how to put them into a quilt .... ideas are welcome, too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466043[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 03-06-2014 08:44 PM

You are welcome QE. :) SewGlad packet arrived safely. And yes was mailed the same day as Anael's.
The Little Sisters blocks look great on point. Maybe it's what you should do with the MB's too.
Night all.

mirabelle 03-06-2014 08:51 PM

QuiltE I love your Little Sister blocks set out just the way you have them in the pic, all your MB's look great, no idea how to set them together I am still trying to figure out mine:D

JeanieG 03-06-2014 09:12 PM

As we went along the MB journey, I made Little Sisters to each of the blocks I sent out. Plus a few extras. Again, I have not made any decisions on how to put them into a quilt .... ideas are welcome, too!

I did the same, and have several yet to make. I did them in 6" size. I'm going to somehow work them into a border, I think!