Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 07-26-2013 05:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
But wait I've got more

1. Quilt Divas

2. This was a machine appliqued Baltimore

3. This quilt, can't remember the name of it was all hand pieced, it was beautiful.

I didn't get any photos of my groups quilts as I was up on stage with them but will see if Gladys will bring her applique quilt and her Bargello next week so I can get a photo of them.

Now I have to drag my quilts out of the car and bring them inside, then I might veg out on the sofa today;):eek:

QuiltingNinaSue 07-26-2013 05:11 PM

Wow. and double WOW. What wonderful show and tell you had, Mirabelle.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thu mbup:

QuiltE 07-26-2013 05:51 PM

What a delightful bunch of posts tonight!

CarrieM ... what a treasure that quilt is going to be with the three generations working on it. Better still, get your DDs involved so it can be 4 gens. And be sure to honour the history and who all was part with a special block ... looks like you have 13 spots! :)

MiraB ... do you get to sleep in the stash room, to make it easy for a getaway? What an incredible bunch of quilts and such variety. Love Shannon's sense of humour. So hard to pick out a favourite from all of those ... I'd take any if I could! And to think these were the visiting quilts!! What amazing quilters there must be in Australia ... is it genetic? :D:D All of you Ladies did yourself proud!!!

carriem 07-26-2013 06:07 PM

The biggest bummer about the quilt is it will go back to MIL and go to one of DH's sisters. There were also blocks of 50 birds that MIL had someone else pieced and quilt (this was before I was quilting)...this will go to the other sister.

Karen--those are some great quilts...thanks for taking the time to share.

mirabelle 07-26-2013 06:48 PM

There was only one downside to the day and that was I lost a Table Mat. My Table Runner and Table Mat that match my Mini Dresden were placed on the stage with other small items, and the table mat went missing. Nobody has come forward to say they picked it up with their quilts by mistake so I don't know if it will be returned to me. :mad:

JeanieG that is a beautiful block, goes with the others so well..

dublb 07-26-2013 08:02 PM

Hey ya'll! We had a busy day & I'm bone tired. LOL Taday it was just DH #2DSon & I. Later in the evenin' #1DSon came & helped. We are bein' very careful. Tamarrow my DBIL will bring a flat bed trailer & we should git the rest o' the furniture that way. My DSis's back acted up & she wasn't able ta come & help taday. My other DSis will help tamarrow. We are sleepin' at the new house from now on.http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif I can't believe how much we still have ta do.

mirabelle 07-26-2013 11:24 PM

How wonderful to be sleeping in your new home Bev, but please take care of your back, small steps and it will get done..

QuiltingNinaSue 07-27-2013 04:11 AM

Dublb, we all will need an update of your address through email or just through Anne (Honchey). Continue those baby steps, and watch your backs!! One step at a time.

deranged_damsel 07-27-2013 06:27 AM

OOOooooohhhhh!!! wonderful quilts Mirabelle :D

I LOVE the last one with the circles, very intriguing!

QuiltE 07-27-2013 07:52 AM

CarrieM ... I'm sure it's hard for you to be enthused knowing that, but please do try. Perhaps they will change their minds and surprise you later, in saying that it should stay with their brother/son aka your DDDH! After all, he carries the "name"! :)

MiraB ... oh what a sad note to a wonderful day. {{{{HUGS}}}} Did you know before you left the hall? Or only after you unpacked once you were home? We'll hope that someone does find it and return it to you.

DublB ... ITA time for you to pass your new address on to the group.