Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-28-2015 10:09 AM

* Strawberry Cheesecake Lush *
•1 package Golden Oreos (36 cookies)
•6 tablespoons butter, melted
•8 ounces softened cream cheese
•1 cup powdered sugar
•1 (16-ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
•2 packages (3.4 ounce each) instant cheesecake pudding mix
•3 cups milk
•3½ cups sliced strawberries

Instructions
1. Crush the entire package of Oreos. A food processor would work great for this - I don't have one, so I just placed my cookies in a gallon sized Ziplock bag and crushed them with a rolling pin. When the cookies are fine crumbs, transfer them to a large bowl and mix in 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Press the cookie mixture into a 9x13 pan and refrigerate while you prepare the remaining layers.
2. Next, beat together 1 cup of powdered sugar, the cream cheese, and 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over your cookie layer.
3. For the next layer, mix together the pudding mix, milk, and another 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
4. Layer the sliced strawberries on top, and spread the remaining Cool Whip on top.
5. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

janRN 04-29-2015 04:20 AM

I pre-orderded Laurie's book from Amazon awhile back. Just got notice that it will ship around June 12. Is she shipping copies earlier?

QuiltingNinaSue 04-29-2015 04:40 AM

Thanks to Honchey and JeanieG I have the address and she will ship in the middle of May...23.00 for signed copy.

Honchey 04-29-2015 05:04 AM

Hi Jan, I believe her copies are to arrive mid May... How are you enjoying your retirement???
From the photos in the book I noticed she used 30"s& 40's fabrics & some very bright ones too...I will only have to buy background fabric..no scrappy whites for this one...

dublb 04-29-2015 07:01 AM

Hey Ya'll. I am in Brady. DH figured out how ta do a "Hot Spot." I am worried about how much Data this willuse so I am bein' careful.
Monday we got here at about 3:00 & I immediately planted some o' the Irises that we had dug up from the Midland house. They had over grown one bed. They are deer resistant so should do well here. Yesterday was a bit on the cool side so we watched movies & I sewed. :) Taday is gonna be nicer so we will mow & plant the rest o' the Irises. Their tubers are wrapped in wet news paper.
Anne; Please send me some info on how ta git the book from Laurie herself. I'd love ta at least git the book.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-29-2015 11:06 AM

Forward email to you Dublb. Laurie did say she had only so many copies, so I sent my request in today.

Ok, package (large envelope) will arrive on Friday.

HyVee has strawberries on sale, and they taste so good! In Texas, we had HEB grocery stores. Don't know where others of you go. What-a-burger of Texas how I miss you.

Honchey 04-29-2015 08:55 PM

It's Thursday very early morning and I'm done packing... just have to get it into the car.. have to go to sleep first :D

I want to stop at a quilt shop in Maryland ....probably Friday on the second leg of our trip home...shutting off the cp in about 5 minutes...see you on Friday evening.. Have a good couple of days and think about all the blocks we'll be making in the following weeks after we all get the book!!! H.

carriem 04-30-2015 02:05 AM

Hello All!

Well, we made it through the graduation party last weekend and have been getting things picked up/put away this week. Planned well on food so didn't have too much left...that was nice. The house is extra clean and the shop too. :) I get to spend some time sewing (FINALLY!) today. I got my machine set up yesterday. I have paper/fabric cut for 24 blocks all ready to go on DDs quilt...yep still working on that...it's been since my retreat in March since I've done any sewing.

I am looking forward to seeing Laurie's new book! Not sure on what type of fabrics I'll use...I am thinking maybe just choosing 3-4 prints and then a light colored background fabric.

Have a safe trip Honchey!

dublb 04-30-2015 08:01 PM

I don't go ta HEB very much. We have such a big HEB in Midland & it is soooooo very busy! They are gonna open up another one soon. Maybe it won't be so crowded after that. Albertsons has real nice strawberries! Yes I now live just down the street from Whataburger. Actually 5 years ago I found a dog in front o' Whataburger. She looked like a Lab puppy & had an expensive huntin color on. I thought I could find her owners. Nope. We now have a 5 yro /white/yellow Lab that weighs 100 lbs.
Carrie! I am so glad that ya git ta sew again & stop by ta see us! I can't wait ta see your DD's quilt. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 05-01-2015 04:03 AM

Carrie, it was nice hearing from you; good luck on finishing DD's quilt.

Dublb, I remember Albertson's on the way to work. HEB often builds new stores, like Wal Mart, to use up their profits instead of paying so much taxes. Enjoy Brady, and planting the Iris bulbs. Except Wal Mart has a independent company built their stores and leases the land and building from them.

Hope you had a good trip back to NJ, Honchey. Sent GrannyQ information on Laurie's newest book at her request. Keeping her in my prayers.

You all have a great day....1st of May.