Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

givio 06-01-2016 08:11 PM

SBG, Yeah, that's where I used the flannel board too. I taught the 4 & 5-year-olds Sunday School class at church for 10 years. There's nothing like the little ones that still have their baby teeth. :-) The kids are different when the big teeth come...

givio 06-01-2016 08:15 PM

Fun chat to hear regarding the older women and their energy! QNS with her bucket list will never be alone in that respect. My list is surprisingly long too. Lots of us move slower when we are older, but the creative dreams seem to just continue to move along at the younger pace. :-)

QuiltingNinaSue 06-02-2016 02:38 AM

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...26&oe=57C41157

sewbizgirl 06-02-2016 04:46 AM

Good saying, QNS!

I agree about the bucket lists... I have so many ideas, I feel like I will never catch up to them all. Accomplish a few, and you think of at least as many more to tack onto the bucket list. But it keeps us motivated and moving!

Givio, I taught 3rd grade Sunday School for a number of years. The kids were still sweet and respectful of authority. I think 3rd grade is where I draw the line, though!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-02-2016 07:24 AM

7 Attachment(s)
SBG, all ages are very special. I worked with junior high kids for 37 years was was never bored. Loved them all!

Hey, face book carried a picture of a senior lady age 106, quilting...she made 300 quilts last year!

Yesterday was so much fun...so we move from the first to the last...one was a LA shop were the director assumed me, she could teach me both Gammill systems in two days...interesting but no purchase there. Rental is resaonalble per hour...no upkeep or storage problems. Chariton, Iowa Cindy Lou's QS:[ATTACH=CONFIG]551420[/ATTACH]On planel adn border for quick baby throw...pink and purple...for a baby girl...[ATTACH=CONFIG]551421[/ATTACH]a 'cuddle' baking for two baby girl projects plus more pink pieces from Quilt Block where my sewing machine is being repaired in Historic West Des Monies, and two doors down is the LA shop..possibilities there...IF she can teach me...[ATTACH=CONFIG]551422[/ATTACH]
Barnes and Noble, next who was very patient with me and offered curbside carry out...bu Quiltere 65 beat them to it; he wanted assurance that I knew her before he let go of the bag of books, on to Creekside Quilting in Clive (DM)[ATTACH=CONFIG]551424[/ATTACH]Wonderful quilt pattern for Christmas, got the backing and batting into PC quilt there, and after much driving and Quilter's good navigation to S 14th Street or W, Woodside QS[ATTACH=CONFIG]551425[/ATTACH]Where I picksed up more of the 'official AISH fabric for this year...when its gone,its gone. Then do;ne I 80 going East to Newton, Iowa, to see the Crazy Redhead QS in an old church...[ATTACH=CONFIG]551426[/ATTACH]Peacock Panel and fabric for rooster feathers. Most comfortable sewing chairs there so will investigate Forbes there for possible ordering of chairs,have phone number and location, and a quick call to Quilted Windmills at Pella, and they did not close until 5:30, so we were able to get there in time to shop and be stamped for the Shop Hop [ATTACH=CONFIG]551427[/ATTACH]Two log cabin kits, two books and some washtub specials at 30 percent off. Whew,we were both tired but I had an exceptional day of fun and enjoyment with all the wonderful helpful people we met along the way.

Honchey 06-02-2016 07:33 AM

Hi Everyone, Lots of stuff going on here the last day or so. Love "saying" Nina..so true.

DH is good to go so Saturday is our departure day..I'm looking forward to this trip...

I was playing nursemaid all day yesterday and I was able to do some sewing after DH went to bed early..I'm loving this MM block...I'll post photos later today.. Luggage is packed and ready to go in the trunk..most of my take along sewing is packed and waiting to go in the car..
Going to take a nap now I was up at 5 this morning . way to early for me...see ya later..

sewbizgirl 06-02-2016 09:28 AM

Glad all went well for the hubby, Anne, and that your trip can happen as planned.

QNS, thanks so much for sharing your shopping treasures with us. What FUN that must have been. I'm still unpacking the goodies I bought in Paducah!

JeanieG 06-02-2016 06:17 PM

Wow QNS - that is some awesome Shop Hop! You really got some great looking fabric and "stuff". What fun for you!

sewbizgirl 06-02-2016 07:35 PM

I love those pink fabrics with the roses....

givio 06-02-2016 07:45 PM

Oh, that was fun to read and look at! Thanks QNS for sharing! I never went on a 'shop hop' but it sounds like it would so enjoyable. I think I'd be so tired at the end.