Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 03-19-2016 02:55 PM

Yesterday I took DSis to have the first of multiple procedures to have her nose rebuilt. I won't go into the whole story but the operating rooms got backed up & the surgery that was supposed to take place at noon didn't start till 6:00PM. They did keep her overnight last night since it was so late. Her nurses weren't very good once she was in her room. I am not a happy camper. We did get her home today at about 11:00am.

carriem 03-19-2016 05:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi :) Just checking in. Today I was able to finish unpacking from retreat. Here is what I worked on...arrow quilts. I got 22 of these 24 arrows finished at retreat. I also got 10 for the other arrow quilt in another color way done at retreat too.

As much as I wanted to continue working on arrows I had to take a break to make a quilt for a wedding gift. I was able to find fabrics in my stash and am doing a D9P. I got fabrics cut and hope to get the blocks done tomorrow.

Hope all are having a good weekend.

dublb 03-19-2016 06:22 PM

Oh Carrie! Your arrows are just gonna come together into a wonderful quilt! :)

givio 03-19-2016 06:34 PM

Bev, it's easy to be out of sorts when your family isn't well. Prayers that your sister is resting well.

dublb 03-20-2016 12:53 PM

You are so right Givo. Thanks for the prayers!

#2DSon moved out today. I am so proud & yet I miss him already. He just left about 10 minutes ago.

givio 03-20-2016 06:17 PM

Life marches forward, time doesn't stop. It seems forever ago since my boys left. It's a heartbreaking moment when they go. Yes, it's a proud moment too, when they are independent and their own person, starting their own adult life... but... it's a sad time too. The family is different. There is an empty place at the table. There is an empty bed. There is a silence where there used to be a voice. Don't you remember leaving home? But, gosh, our mothers must have been missing us.

dublb 03-20-2016 06:39 PM

Yes, Givo it is time. When the older 2 left we were sad, but we still had #2DSon here. I know that once we are in Brady I won't be looking for him there.

janRN 03-21-2016 04:40 AM

I was sad when my only son moved out but within a month his room became my Bat Cave! He even asked if I missed him at all--of course I did but I needed the space LOL.

Today is MrJan & my 46th wedding anniversary; not a landmark like QNS but still proud that we made it this far. Special plans: I'll be sewing and he'll be stripping more wood trim out in the garage.

Have a great day ladies, do something you love. After snowing all day yesterday the sun is shining and I think Spring is finally coming to western PA.

carriem 03-21-2016 05:48 AM

Our oldest moved out last summer...we thought she needed to stay home a little longer (she graduated early and wasn't 18 yet), but she's always been independent and thought that was best...it was hard, but is getting easier. Youngest DD loves having a room to herself. :)

Congrats Jan and MrJan, 46 years is a great milestone too!! Enjoy your day.

dublb 03-21-2016 08:43 AM

46 years is a great # also Jan! Each year is a milestone now days. Congratulations!

#1DSon was my easy one to let go. DD was the first & we really cried a lot. My feelings were so mixed up w/#1DSon.
He had gone to collage but was trying to donate his kidney to a cousin of one of his DF's. As that was approching & had to just give him to God. I then had peace. Then the transplant didn't go through & he decided to go to the Fireman Academy. That meant he came back home in Jan. I felt that I had given him away & I didn't want him to come back! Actually he & I butted heads so much it wasn't even funny. When he got his apartment the next fall I was relieved! He & I get along great now. :)