Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 11-30-2012 06:06 AM

CarrieM ... good plan to have some hostess gifts ready! Always useful now, or in the future. Even for a summer bridal shower!

MiraB ... you're welcome! Always pleased to help a fellow quilter!!! :) Will you keep with the GFG zig-zag edge? Or will you cut it off to make a straight edge? and border/bind from there? That's where I'm wondering, what one does. And oh, one final thing ... how big are your hexies? I'm working with 1", as measured on the outside edge.

Anael ... you can't help but wonder and worry with each appointment. There's always concerns for a single, but multiples, the concerns multiply. I am sure you are good at secretly worrying while not letting it show and affect your DS and DDIL. Let those worries out here, and it'll be easier to manage the happy face when around them. A Christmas Quilt for you and your kitty ... oh please do show us! :D

QuiltingNinaSue 11-30-2012 06:06 AM

Beautiful work, Carrie and Mirabelle. Colorful. I love color. Yes, Mirabelle, customs might like it so well they would never pass it on to you. Guess we will have to put it on the virtual RV for the tea party. But who knows....maybe you all will visit the USA and stay a day or two here at my house...and visit the others that was on the PC trail with us. Consider it an open invitation from me.

QuiltE 11-30-2012 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5689325)
Beautiful work, Carrie and Mirabelle. Colorful. I love color. Yes, Mirabelle, customs might like it so well they would never pass it on to you. Guess we will have to put it on the virtual RV for the tea party. But who knows....maybe you all will visit the USA and stay a day or two here at my house...and visit the others that was on the PC trail with us. Consider it an open invitation from me.

The more we are together on this trail ... the more I dream about us gathering together, complete with our quilts!

Another option is that LQS with accomodations that CarrieM and GGal went to ... and that would let you put your feet up a bit too, QNSue, and not be hostessing all the time!

Wouldn't that be grand for us all to gather?
Maybe in his off-season, Santa could dash all around and pick us up to meet?
Should be lots of room in his sleigh for us to take along our quilts!!!!! :D

Anael 11-30-2012 07:55 AM

They're on their way now to another hospital. The twins do have problems, one of them is a week and a half behind compared to the other twin. The third baby seems ok for now. So now I'm very worried. My DS will call me as soon as they know anything but it will be a very long night for all of us.

Anael 11-30-2012 08:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5689323)
A Christmas Quilt for you and your kitty ... oh please do show us! :D

This was my FMQ problem :D Second is finished quilt.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-30-2012 08:39 AM

An Inspector that is testing the 'nap' of the quilt....beautiful colored quilt and cat!! Have a matching cat called Wendy here...eight total cats come in for feed at our place, but they are not inside cats. They pull duty catching mice and rodents outside and in the garage.

Praying for the triplets; may they be OK and healthy....and Mom, too!! Waiting is so hard too do.

gardnergal970 11-30-2012 09:28 AM

So many pretties today! Mirabelle, your GFG is beautiful! Carrie, very productive time in the club house. Nice to have those table runners in reserve. QNS, there is no way to ever thank you properly for your wonderful hospitality. You are always so generous too. Anael, I can't imagine your anxiety. I'm praying for your entire family and their safety. BTW..I love your quilt. Is this one for your DIL? QuiltE...I've seen a GFG with tiny hexes and it was stunning. Not something that got done overnight but a nice in between session sort of project.
if any or all of you get to the Midwest, I will house and feed you so that won't be an expense for you.

Anael 11-30-2012 09:46 AM

Thank you QNS and GG. I don't know if they've arrived yet, normally it's an hour and a half from where they were but with Friday traffic it might take double the time. I guess I will have to wait a few more hours before I know anything.

This quilt I'm going to keep! I always wanted a Christmas quilt and the ones I made I gave away. I might make another one for my DDIL but not now.

carriem 11-30-2012 12:22 PM

Anael--that is a very pretty quilt. I am happy to hear you are keeping one for yourself!

Thanks for all the nice comments. :) Today has been another productive day...kids are at friends so I am here all alone. I will have pictures later...lunch now and then back to the clubhouse.

Anael 11-30-2012 12:29 PM

They arrived at the hospital at 7 pm. I didn't hear from them since, I have no idea if that's good or bad. It's now 9.30 pm here.