Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 10-22-2014 03:19 PM

The surgeon scheduled my surgery on the left eye and nose bridge on November 5th....Nurse will call me later on the time. I was surprised I was scheduled that quickly, but I will be there for it. The Cataract is very large on the left eye, I see only a 'crescent' in that eye , but it balances my sight. Hoping it works.

dublb 10-22-2014 03:37 PM

My #1DSis fell yesterday. I spent last night helpin' take care o' her. I got home about 11:00 & took a shower ('cause she is a chain smoker & I couldn't stand the thought o' gittin' bed smellin' that way.) I thought i"d go right ta sleep. NOPE. It was 2 before I wound down enough ta sleep. I then woke at 5 so as ta take DSis ta the ER. She didn't want ta sit in that waitin' room for hours on end waitin' ta be seen when she could rest in her own bed & git up & go before the rush. I have done this before myself when I was sick. We were worried that her hip was broke but it wasn't. :) I got home about 11am. I then crashed & slept for 4 hours.

carriem 10-22-2014 03:55 PM

Hi All!! :) Sounds like lots going on for everyone...

I had a lot of fun at my retreat and in a way it is continuing this week as my friend from Florida is spending lots of time here and we are sewing together. I was able to get my nephew's quilt almost done (just the binding left and should have that finished tonight). I also got all the rows done for my niece's quilt...didn't sew them together since I will assemble using QAYG...hope to cut backing and batting tomorrow. I got borders on a quilt top for my MIL...it is the one I started a while back with embroidered blocks made by my husband's grandma. I also got a BOTM block almost finished. I'll try to get some pictures in the next couple days. It was a very productive weekend!

dublb 10-22-2014 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6939521)
The surgeon scheduled my surgery on the left eye and nose bridge on November 5th....Nurse will call me later on the time. I was surprised I was scheduled that quickly, but I will be there for it. The Cataract is very large on the left eye, I see only a 'crescent' in that eye , but it balances my sight. Hoping it works.

That was scheduled fast! :) We'll be prayin' for ya!

QuiltingNinaSue 10-22-2014 04:50 PM

Great job, Carrie, on the retreat! Looking forward to pictures.

Dublb, glad your DSis did not break her hip! Thanks for the prayers, from your lips to God's ear! Hope it really helps to balance both eyes.

JeanieG 10-22-2014 06:43 PM

Wow QNS, only a two week wait for your surgery. That is awesome!

The retreat sounds like it was a great success Carrie! Glad you had a great time.

Prayers for your DSis Dublb - hope she is feeling better soon.

oksewglad 10-22-2014 08:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
To all of our Canadian friends, so sad to hear of your recent tragedy. A senseless act of violence.

Belated BD wishes, Jan..enjoy your new mat!
Ah Janie, glad to see you back....telll me, what was the best part of your trip? And a new little puppy...how fun.
QNS, best of luck with your surgery. So many have benefited from cataract surgery--it really is a wonder.
Retreat time + friends = a great time. carrie. Anxious to see your WIP's, whipped and shown here.
And caretaker, dublb to the rescue, hope she heals fast.
Had a busy 2 days. Didn't get home until 5:00 after working on funeral dinner and getting groceries yesterday. Then spent quality time in barn with DH....the earlage processor came this morning to harvest earlage. It's a combine like machine that picks the whole ear...husk and all and grinds it up before it's blown into the wagon. From there it's unloaded (24' long wagons!) and put into a silage bag. It'll ferment and makes a great feed stuff for all ages of cattle. Milking isn't too bad, but the cement floor is hard on my back and being on my feet all day on cement didn't help any so rested the back this afternoon. Here's the quilt we saw at the show. I didn't play much with the block layout. My friend has lots of red/black and white scraps to play with and will make her own fabric choices from those. She was interested in dimensions, etc. You can see where the name came from from the 4 Patch block.
Midnight's approaching, time to call it a day. Night all.

JeanieG 10-22-2014 09:56 PM

Wow - love that quilt OK! That is marvelous!

dublb 10-22-2014 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6939840)
To all of our Canadian friends, so sad to hear of your recent tragedy. A senseless act of violence.

Belated BD wishes, Jan..enjoy your new mat!
Ah Janie, glad to see you back....telll me, what was the best part of your trip? And a new little puppy...how fun.
QNS, best of luck with your surgery. So many have benefited from cataract surgery--it really is a wonder.
Retreat time + friends = a great time. carrie. Anxious to see your WIP's, whipped and shown here.
And caretaker, dublb to the rescue, hope she heals fast.
Had a busy 2 days. Didn't get home until 5:00 after working on funeral dinner and getting groceries yesterday. Then spent quality time in barn with DH....the earlage processor came this morning to harvest earlage. It's a combine like machine that picks the whole ear...husk and all and grinds it up before it's blown into the wagon. From there it's unloaded (24' long wagons!) and put into a silage bag. It'll ferment and makes a great feed stuff for all ages of cattle. Milking isn't too bad, but the cement floor is hard on my back and being on my feet all day on cement didn't help any so rested the back this afternoon. Here's the quilt we saw at the show. I didn't play much with the block layout. My friend has lots of red/black and white scraps to play with and will make her own fabric choices from those. She was interested in dimensions, etc. You can see where the name came from from the 4 Patch block.
Midnight's approaching, time to call it a day. Night all.

Now that's gonna be a purdy One!!!!
:thumbup:

QuiltingNinaSue 10-23-2014 05:53 AM

Yes, OK, the cataract surgery is amazing; and he is one of the top surgeons in Iowa, maybe the national. It sure made a difference with the right eye. He was amused at me wanting a refund when the optic nerve swelled up; but I would recommend him and his team in a New York minute. He told me he had a cancellation on his calendar in two weeks and that worked for me. Their loss and my gain on getting the appointment.

I have miles to go in the Quilting Room, so many projects started: Sylvia, 50 stars, FFC, TW, I SPY, Warm Feelings, and many more borders, etc., to finish the tops. But when I cannot see, I cannot progress and its very frustrating, wanting to move ahead and cannot see to do the work.

JanRN, the hearing aids sounds like a real bargain, 'cause here they want $5000.00 an ear for a hearing aid for dh. And oh, how I wish I had eye sight equal to yours to quilt. And the shopping trips you can take with your friends after each Monday of working one less Monday. And for an older person, each day is one less in their lifetime, but who knows what old age is? Used to be sixty or seventy, but now, at least in the Mid west, like the lady who was shopping for groceries behind me in September....she was 98 years old, and the one in MN was 114 last Sunday. Wow. There ought to be special discounts for those over 90 years, I think.

May each of you have a good day and good week; each day comes but once in our lives, so find a way to enjoy and make the most of everyday...