Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

janRN 10-20-2014 05:09 PM

Worked today--only 7 or so work days til my retirement. I still haven't told my boss yet. They had a little party for my birthday today--got lots of Joanne's gift cards. Yay! I can replace my poor old lumpy scarred cutting mat with the gift card and a 50% off coupon.

I have to go watch my Steelers beat Bev's Texans!

dublb 10-20-2014 06:34 PM

Well right now your Steelers are doin' great!

dublb 10-20-2014 07:41 PM

Congratulations Jan. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 10-21-2014 05:03 AM

Happy Birthday, JanRN. And good luck on your retirement.

JeanieG 10-21-2014 10:04 AM

Jan - A second retirement - yay! More time to quilt! However, I've slowed down over the summer - now that it is getting cooler I've got to finish up the UFO's I've got waiting!

QuiltingNinaSue 10-22-2014 07:01 AM

Alas, the joy of quilting and being able to see!! Off to see the Eye Surgeon this morning; appointment is at one, but they might work in me early! My dh cannot hear and I cannot see well enough to drive. Life goes on...what is around the next bend?????? Good news, I hope and pray. Have a good day everyone!

janRN 10-22-2014 07:50 AM

Bev-great football game but that's now how the Steelers have played this season--they've been pretty bad.

Jeanie, I'm anxious to retire (again) and it would be so nice if the the 7 work days were all in a row. Instead, it's just 3 Mondays in November and 4 Mondays in Dec. Will it ever end LOL????

QNS, good luck at the eye surgeon the morning. Hope he has good news.

Went to Joanne's with my gift cards and 50% off coupons for a new cutting mat. Of course they were on sale so I couldn't use my coupon. But they were 40% off and I need the large one so I got it. I'm so hard on my mats--I think it's because I've been doing so much paper piecing. Dragged MrJanRN along--promised him breakfast out. Ate at a German home-style restaurant. Ate so much (omelet was the size of a meat platter) that I need a nap now!!

JeanieG 10-22-2014 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6938857)
Alas, the joy of quilting and being able to see!! Off to see the Eye Surgeon this morning; appointment is at one, but they might work in me early! My dh cannot hear and I cannot see well enough to drive. Life goes on...what is around the next bend?????? Good news, I hope and pray. Have a good day everyone!

You have had too many eye problems lately, hopefully the surgeon will be able to help you out successfully.

My husband got hearing aides from Costco (the exam is free, and they let you wear the hearing aids around the store to see what "hearing" correctly is all about) about 1 1/2 years ago. He loves them, and wears them all the time. They told him if he was not going to wear them, that he should not buy them. Sound advice, as so many people are too vain to wear them!!!! Price was much cheaper than other places - $2,000.

JanieW 10-22-2014 11:57 AM

Good to read all your news.

i had my puppy spayed on Monday so she is getting lots of TLC! I will never keep her quiet for the required 2 weeks!

congrats, Jan. You will soon discover that you don't know how you found the time to go to work, once you see how full your retirement days are.

glad to hear your husband's retirement is going well, Bev. It is an adjustment for you both.

sorry about your sight, NinaSue. I hope you get good results today.

hi Jeanie!!!!

hi Gladie!!!!

hi Carrie!!!!

i am trying to make my grandson a shark costume using a gray hoodie. That kind of project is not my forte but I will perservere because he really wants it.

once my pup is back to normal and the shark is done, I am going to cobble together a utility quilt for the spare room using the quilt as you go method that Jan uses. I am really looking forward to that.

JeanieG 10-22-2014 02:43 PM

Hi Janie,

Aww, we need a photo of the new puppy!

I'm sure you will make a great shark costume for your grandson! Need a photo of him in it as well!