Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 04-06-2013 07:25 PM

Oh QuiltE...Don't think I haven't thought about it...I love to travel by car...and stop wherever I please..I've been to Niagra Falls & the Canadian side...I've also been to Mount Tremblant?? Everyone else in the group DH & I were with skied while I became a lounge lizard....and I hand pieced my first star block throw pillow cover...

Has anyone here tried FMQ with the machine turned so that you're facing the narrowest side of the machine? turn the machine sideways just the way the LA"s are...I was told it's alot like using a LA...the throat is ahead of you and your hands & quilt are free on both sides of the machine...and the quilt is supported on both sides... just like JanRN's S16 ...I think I might try it when I get to NC..I saw it here on the board somewhere...

Oh How happy I am for both of you..Bev& OK...I know how you feel...I was on pins & needles waiting for Mirabelle to get her block..... I

the beef broth/barley stew sounds so good...I think I'll join you & anyone else that wants to come in the RV for a cup of it...

dublb 04-06-2013 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5983158)
Oh QuiltE...Don't think I haven't thought about it...I love to travel by car...and stop wherever I please..I've been to Niagra Falls & the Canadian side...I've also been to Mount Tremblant?? Everyone else in the group DH & I were with skied while I became a lounge lizard....and I hand pieced my first star block throw pillow cover...

Has anyone here tried FMQ with the machine turned so that you're facing the narrowest side of the machine? turn the machine sideways just the way the LA"s are...I was told it's alot like using a LA...the throat is ahead of you and your hands & quilt are free on both sides of the machine...and the quilt is supported on both sides... just like JanRN's S16 ...I think I might try it..I saw it here on the board somewhere...

I've thought about it seriously, just haven't jumped in yet. LOL

carriem 04-06-2013 07:44 PM

Dublb--bummer no block yet, but nice you got a sneak peek.

OK--great MB and mini.

Anael 04-07-2013 02:29 AM

Bev, lovely block, whenever you get it!

Anael 04-07-2013 02:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Free motion?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406560[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 04-07-2013 04:38 AM

Anael, quilt inspector is hard at work!! Do not disturb!!

OK & Dublb, lovey scrappy block; a happy block to 'cause happy dance when it reaches TEXAS. TEXAS is a whole another country, folks, so who ever has Dublb next time, mail the block on the 15th of the month!:D

Honchey, you need to take the whole summer visiting each of us, unless you can get everyone in one place...besides the virtual RV. That fresh canned beef smells good, OKsewGlad.

Everyone say a quick prayer for bf today; she is in Mercy Hospital in Des Moines, Iowa, for tests. She has too any quilts on going right now, St. Peter, so let the Doctors be puzzled and sent her back home quickly!!

Little guys are doing fine: all chicks and ducks.

Honchey 04-07-2013 06:24 AM

Anael, what model Pfaff is that in the photo??? I have the Expressions 4.0 .

On second thought ..is that a pfaff??? the handle looks like it might be a Bernina...

Anael 04-07-2013 06:47 AM

It's a Bernina 440 QE.

QuiltE 04-07-2013 07:17 AM

Goooooood Morning All!

Honchey
... So come on back and check out our Land once again!!! Since I tried the S16, I've been thinking of that too. Just not the easiest set up to create temporarily, as turning most of our sewing tables sideways, would give too long a distance from the table edge to the needle.

As a further comment on the S16 that I forgot to share ... when I tried the Tiara, I pushed it in all different swirls and curls, fabric speed movement etc ... front/back looked pretty even. Then I tried the Baby Lock Crescendo DSM ... did much the same and all sorts of eyelashing and tension issues. Yes, it could be set wrong and need adjusting, though if it's being used to demo, they should have it set pretty bang on, would you not think?

Anael ... that's not Free Motion ... that's NO MOTION! :D

QNSue ... Prayers for your friend and wishing her well. Time to start taking pics of your "Lil Ones!" :)

Looking as though a lot of you ladies have the Pfaff 4.0 ... what's so special about it?

JanieW 04-07-2013 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I may get to those pesky PC blocks today. I sure won't be going outside. Our snow was almost all gone, my daffodils had buds, the other bulbs had poked through and we woke up to this. The 7 day forecast has more snow each day .

QuiltE,
I have some Stormy Night in the tea cupboard so I will for sure have a SN latte this afternoon. It sadly seems appropriate. i am going to put on a pair of shorts and my flip flops and go sewing. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406586[/ATTACH]