Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 04-13-2013 10:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
These are close ups of the quilting I did yesterday and this morning. I will take a picture of the table topper tomorrow when the binding is on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]407814[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 04-13-2013 10:55 AM

Did you notice ... MiraB took us into the 3000's!

MiraB ... I can feel your frustrations on the size issue! Go ahead and screeeeeeam! :) You're thinking like me, getting the May MB done, before to other projects.

JanRN ... maybe you could improvise on that block? Add a border to it, and let it float? Or perhaps there was method in your madness, so you could have that block all to yourself!!!! :) No fun to have to work so much ... no time for your Sweet!

CarrieM ... curious what your next retreat gift is? Have fun with your Lil Nephew!

Anael ... How wonderful that you have the SewGrands so close to you now. Lots of opportunities for Grandma Love! :) Remember, time flies ... they'll soon be home. Another great spring quilt. I love the colours, and particularly that shade of green. Great quilting, and look at the echo work. Priceless cartoon! I like the way that woman thinks!! :D

Honchey ... whew! Glad you showed up ... I was about ready to send the Posse out to look for you!!! :D

And now, I'm trotting off to do some sewing!
First some strip blocks I cut out last night, and will go to gether quickly.
Then a start on my FFC ... will tell you once, I start, in case I change my mind!!! :D

OBTW ... I looked out the window a little while ago ... there was s-n-o-w ... just like a snow globe day!
Mother Nature .... we are tired of your warped sense of humour! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-13-2013 11:57 AM

One Canadian heard from that I am happy to hear from; now where is Janie?? Check your PO box in about a week, 'cause that card is comin' back to you QuiltE...mailed from my hometown today.

Anael, that quilting looks pretty good to me...but then so does most of the 12 inch, that suppose to 12 1/2 block...on this mystery block ride..the scan 14 and the real full 1/4 seams in the blocks always get to me.

Had to make a quick trip into town to get feed for the little chicks and ducks; the ducks have doubled in size and are happily swimming in their little pool...at a week old.

Anael 04-13-2013 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
QNS, it took me quite a while before I knew what a scant 1/4 seam was. I still don't get the concept. Why can't they use the full 1/4 seams? I'll never understand!

Today's picture with Isa holding her for the first time!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407843[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 04-13-2013 01:07 PM

oh, my, Isa has been growing!! What a wonderful picture to frame and keep!!

JeanieG 04-13-2013 02:27 PM

Yes, I agree with QNS, Anael! Isa has really grown. She looks so much bigger in your arms! How far do you have to go to visit with the twins now?

Got my MB information for May. Lordy, is it going to be May already! Where in the world did April go!

mirabelle 04-13-2013 03:18 PM

Anael that is a beautiful photo of you and Isa together. She has grown so much and how wonderful that they will be closer to you, I am sure that will take some stress off your DS and DDIL.

I am off to the sewing room to attempt another block for May :eek: Have a great day everyone

QuiltE 04-13-2013 04:14 PM

QNSue ... I think JanieW is out of town again, with her Grands. Will watch for your letter. :( that it did not work out.

Anael ... Oh such a beautiful picture of the two of you. 12 weeks ... imagine! :D I hope the SewGrands can have "together" time in their new hospital.

carriem 04-13-2013 06:42 PM

Anael--very nice quilting! Great picture of you and Isa too.

Today I got the rest of my BB's quilted, tomorrow afternoon I hope to get the borders on. I also got an armrest cover started for DH. Had fun watching my nephew play...his mom should be here by noon to pick him up tomorrow.

QE--for our next retreat gift we are making these: http://badskirt.blogspot.com/2010/11...-tutorial.html We got a good deal on some of the spring form buckets and will cover in favorite colors of each person. We are also going to sew in an elastic loop to keep them closed when not in use. Now that we have made one the others should go together much easier!

Honchey--glad you made it safely and can get online. :) I got my May MB info so will be starting on that this week.

I have slowly been choosing patterns and fabrics for everyone so I can work ahead as I have time or at least be ready when I get each name.

JeanieG 04-13-2013 07:55 PM

Those are real cool buckets Carrie. Your quilting friends willl love them!