Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 12-13-2012 10:42 AM

Anael--I see the cute little guy in your avatar....is this a grandson?

No snow here yet this winter (well a "trace"). Kids are looking forward to playing in the snow; sledding and building forts. It is hard to believe Christmas is just 12 days away with the sun shining and 45F weather...very unusual for us!

Off to the clubhouse....

Anael 12-13-2012 12:17 PM

Carriem, that's my one and only grandson:D That's the one who will have a brother and sister next year (if all goes well from now on).

JeanieG 12-13-2012 12:57 PM

He is a real cute Anael! Good news that the twins are doing well!

Anael 12-13-2012 01:36 PM

Thank you!
My DDIL needs a lot of rest after the procedure. She's not talking much but I can see she's not too well. I'll be there tomorrow, sewing curtains for my DGS's new bedroom. Beginning of next week she has to go to the local hospital for another check up. We all need a few positive ultrasounds to believe everything is ok.

carriem 12-13-2012 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I didn't get as much time in the clubhouse as I wanted (DH came home sick), but I did finish my PC bonus block. I thought I would share since I get to see everyone else's before you see them...unless you opt to share a picture, but I think half the fun of a swap is being surprised when the package comes in the mail! :)

I used KT fabric (orange floral around the outside) and corn (in the middle) AND I also chose a block with y-seams. I thought of you who don't use a lot of yellow when choosing my accent fabric around the corn and also the many of you who like blue.

I need to get a finer tipped pen for signing otherwise I am happy with how it turned out.

Why is it you don't see all the threads on a block until *after* you take the picture?

Anael 12-13-2012 01:47 PM

I don't know about the threads Carrie, it happens to me all the time too. I love your block!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-13-2012 02:23 PM

Perfect block, Carrie, to come from the corn state of Iowa in the USA. I must be blind, 'cause I do not see any thread. Sorry about you dh coming home sick, there are different types of flu going around here. So I quickly go and out of the grocery store when I just have to go there.

I made two more BB blocks today, then looked closer at what I did yesterday, and reached for the seam ripper. One I fixed, the other I think needs a total overall...so may just pitch it and cut it out again. Seems to be the best way to handle it. As I was starting on it, it did not improve my mood when dh walked in and commented on 'how wrong they were' after I had already decided in my mind what I was going to do.:thumbdown: Bummer.

We have one grandson, and we love him dearly. Wish he could have had a sister or brother, but thankful we at least have the one gs. We raised our three kids to be independent and they are very much so. A double take of it. Cannot blame either side of the family on that one.

Anael, your gs is as blonde as our son was when he was little. Shawn had blonde curly hair and blue eyes, and ability to twist you around his little finger, getting you to do exactly what he wanted you to do.

janRN 12-13-2012 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NO LAUGHING!! Here's my GFG that I made in 1978--one of my first quilts. Also, please excuse dog in pic, thinks all blankets are for him. I don't know if you can see the so-called quilting stitches: they're about 1/2" long each. The fabric includes cotton, batiste, denim, and who knows what else. I can't believe it hasn't fallen apart yet. NO LAUGHING!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]382028[/ATTACH]

gardnergal970 12-13-2012 03:41 PM

OK...happy happy day late. BTW...you QB mailbox is full! Thanks for the glimpse into your life.
Anael...I'm glad things are progressing in your family and I also echo the person that said they were glad that the Drs took the decision out of your DS a d DDIL's hands. I can imagine she is worn out and maybe even a little depressed. I'm glad you can spend time with her and your DGS.
Jan...I would never laugh at your quilt. That's the way our ancestors did their's...with whatever they had on hand and the sewing was not done for show, but to hold the quilt together.
carrie...A really nice block! I'm going to keep mine as a surprise, even to you.
QNS...don't let your DH be the quilt police. You know we won't do it.
I'm all packed and ready to leave for Wisconsin in the morning. I've actually scoped out several quilt shops that I can visit and turn this into a FART as well as a visit! I really don't need anything but it will be fun to see what other shops have and I might find something I want!

deranged_damsel 12-13-2012 05:06 PM

*channelling DDamsel*
I'm baaaack .... where are you? and how are you? and I MISS YOU!!!
Please come out and play with us!!!! :D[/QUOTE]

OMGoodness!!! QuiltE :D

WOW that line sounds like its right out of a HORROR movie!!! LOL, true secret.... I LOVE corny old horror movies :D me and my Son watch them together.

Sorry I did run away for a bit.... I have been at my parents house for a few days... I finished about 8 projects and made headway on two others (nope, no Bblocks YET).

It is a difficult time of year for me... lots of feeling sorry for meself, crying, hugging... I dont talk much.... !!!I KNOW!!! how could she talk LESS?????? :D :D :D another true secret.... in REAL life I dont SHUT UP, Im just a bad typist ;)

LOVE TO ALL

especially Anael ~~~HUGS~~~