Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 05-14-2013 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Carrie - cute quilt!

Dublb - you will find the perfect house in no time!

Here is a 1 month photo of my great grandaughter Aubree.

Anael 05-14-2013 11:03 PM

Awwwwwwwwww Jeanie, she's so cute!

I'm gone for most of the day so will catch up with you all later :) Have a great day all!

mirabelle 05-14-2013 11:12 PM

Such a cutie JeanieG, don't babies look so angelic when sleeping..

janRN 05-15-2013 04:24 AM

Carrie, that airplane quilt is great. Any boy would love it (hint, hint Ggal for the new GS). I really like the outside border blocks you added.

QNS, do you ever slow down???? You are so busy that you wear me out. I love the pic of the tractor house--never heard of that before; thanks for teaching this City Gal about farm life.

Bev, you also need to slow down LOL. Take care of your health and the right house will come along, usually when you stop looking. I had to wait 7 mos to sell my mother's house and now closing is next Friday. He is the right buyer for the right house. We'll keep hoping and praying with ya!

Jeanie, oh my what a cutie!! I love her little outfit. And Aubree is such a pretty name. Just want to kiss her little fingers.

OK & QE--I'd love to ride a tractor!!! In all my life I've never ridden a horse and DO NOT want to but I'd love the freedom you must feel out there, just you and the tractor and nature. Of course, I know you were working.

Finally going to get to the Bat Cave today--I'm having withdrawal pains from not sewing enough LOL. I'm working on version 3 of _________'s block for June; can't get the color combo right.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-15-2013 05:47 AM

http://store.stitchinheaven.com/stor...&Item_ID=33558 should come up as the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt for sale, just $395.95 from Stitchin' Heaven Quilt Shop in Texas. Doing a Google search for the store might yield the site if the pasted link does not work. Personally, I would not hesitate a New York minute at pricing each of ours from FWQ at least a thousand dollars each...

Jeanie, your ggd is adorable!! Give her an extra hug from all of us!!

Yes, Ok, think of all that wonderful air you are breathing as you work the field; if those 'toasties' come and start talking to you in the cab, let us know, you know, like the commercial that airs on TV. Sorry about your friend; its hard when you lose a good friend.

Everyone have a good day...its suppose to rain here, today and tomorrow and then next day...if it does the ducks will all be happy!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

JanRN, so glad you have good feelings about who bought your Mother's house; Dublb, you never know what is just around the corner, so keep the faith and it will happen when its suppose too!! You were blessed not to have moved into the last one and discover the highway later...

QuiltE 05-15-2013 06:15 AM

QNSue ... Nice that the chickens have a "Room With a View"! :) That FWS link and price is just the kit for the fabric, with instructions from Penny Haren using her pieced applique method. Plus you still need Laurie's original book. Looks like it might be kitted with the same fabrics as Laurie's. I wonder, if Laurie knows about this?

JanieW ... Hope you enjoyed your bath, after all your mucking about! :D With such fond memories of the area, I'm sure the fire updates are affecting you. These fires are so sad, no matter where they are. Yes, let's hope Nordegg and LongPole get a real downpour. And last night I heard there was a big one in BC too. Yes, I'd be interested in the achimenes, when the time is right. So long as they come with very detailed instructions!!! :) Let's say I am a somewhat Leafs fan, though I don't really follow them much, til the playoffs. Now you and I will have to do the truly Canadian thing and cheer on the Sens against JanRNs much loved Penguins!!!

MiraB and QNSue ... I do know people who have paid for such purchases on two credit cards, so their DH only sees 1/2 the cost! :D

MiraB ... and you let your DH know your secrets?? Silly Woman!!!! :D
And BTW ... you forgot to add your FFC project to the list! :)

DublB ... Time to start donating blood! What is it you want in a new home? Any possibility you could renovate where you are to get what you want? MiraBs DS's home search is much like mine. I started looking in January and was finding lots of great homes, but not ones for me, as a solo person, and no kids/grands to come and fill it occasionally or regularly. Along came April, and I got a call about a new listing. That was Thursday afternoon. Saw it Friday morning. Went back Friday afternoon. Offer in Friday night and accepted on Saturday morning. I had two conditions, which I removed on the Monday. So patience DublB, and your New Home Sweet Home will come.

OKSGlad ... {{{HUGS}}} to you after saying good bye to your friend. I'm sure it's been a tough time. So remember the good times, to help your ♥ heal with your loss. Yes, those fences can be a nuisance when turning with such wide implements! :) It sure took me down memory lane, and reminded me how much I miss it all.

JeanieG ... awww look at that sweet bundle in her Sunshine Dress!

JanRN ... yes, there is something special about time on the tractor ... so long as you keep your wits about you! Just think of it as working in one big garden!!!! The solace that one finds in working in the garden truly is there when working in a field. Another thing you really should do ... see a calf born! And the best time for that is the middle of the night, when all is quiet. Something Special, and no matter how many times, it just always made me reconnect with the important things in life. ................... :( :( darn!!! looks like the June block is NOT for me, as I'm taking any colour! :( :(

Yeaaaaaa .............. the May blocks will soon start showing their litttle selves into everyone's mailboxes!

Anael 05-15-2013 06:34 AM

QuiltE, I once worked on a farm too when I was engaged to a farmer's son. I had to help when a calf was born, that really was a great moment. Not so great when the calf was served on a plate a few weeks later :( I couldn't eat it, I was so sad. So they told me I would be a bad farmer's wife :) I loved working in the field on the tractor but I don't miss it as I wasn't brought up with it nor did I marry this farmer's son!

JanieW 05-15-2013 06:52 AM

Ooooh I remember when I was about 14 staying out on my friend's farm. There were twin lambs born during a blizzard in March. It was really bitter cold and the mother rejected them so we brought them in to the summer kitchen. It was a magical time for me. We named them Hero and Zero in honour of them surviving the blizzard.

One other time when I was in high school we were shearing Lucy with a hand crank shearer. We were half done when we got called in for dinner so we abandoned Lucy to go eat. She looked rather comical, one side with her wool and the other sheared. I think we finished her the next day.

OKsewglad I am sorry about your friend. It is so hard, part of life, but it still hurts. We lost a very good friend to pancreatic cancer 5 years ago and it was/is very hard to deal with. Be kind to yourself.

JeanieG What a cutie. You are very lucky to be so young of a Great Grandma!

QuiltE I am cheering for "Pinchburg" as my little grandson calls it. He likes them 'cause he likes their logo so I am with him. My husband is hoping for the Sens so there is a lot of chirping going on. The Habs are out so no one to really cheer for, now. I have another achimenes variety, smaller, with double red flower called Stan's Delight. You can have some of those, too. They are easy peasy to grow, similar to African Violets care, but I will send along care info.

I almost fell asleep in the tub last night. Note to self... Do not read a Library book in the bathtub when extremely tired! :D

dublb 05-15-2013 07:49 AM

Ya'll are so encouragin'! Thanks so much. I almost bought a house 2 years ago. I tried for 3.5 months ta deal w/FANNIEMAE. It was a nightmare. I've been lookin' ever since.
First I want outta this neighborhood. I live 3 blocks from a "gang" neighborhood. My neighbors are wonderful, but not around the corner & a couple o' blocks over. I heard gunshots in Feb. They sounded like they were in my alley.
I need a sewin' room & DH needs a shop ta do stuff in.
I'm just country enough ta want ta have a li'le bit o' ground. Anywhere from a half acre ta 5 acres. I'm just "city girl" enough ta want ta be at least close ta town.
I also want ta be close enough ta the roads that lead ta the Hospital so I can be there for my DM or DGM when they need me. The house (w/2.5 acres) that I looked at yesterday was 35min.s from the Hospital (even w/the new road that opens up ta I20.)
I guess I "want" too much.

I just thought o' somethin' else I want. I want a big nice back porch or patio for backyard BBQ's.

deranged_damsel 05-15-2013 09:01 AM

I just love getting online and seeing what all of you marvelous ladies are up to :D :D :D I laugh, I cry, I sigh!!!