Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 05-19-2013 04:41 AM

Here I am!
Another good day in the garden
... and another today should finish the planting off.
Then there's the maintenance!
Believe it or not, that chiro on Friday did wonders
... or else by now, I'd be crawling.
Just the normal stiff and sore.

Good to see that MiraBs back on track with that quilt. ITA with Anael ... the black floral works well with it. Could those embroidered panels be used in the border with one down each side? It'd be a shame to tuck them away. What will you use for the borders now that you have used the border fabric? Or do you have lots?

Precious pics of sweet Isa ... now IRL time with the SewGrands today, Anael.

Will catch up with everyone after the plant-a-thon is over!

:)Hot News ... I have my MB for this month!:)
While out on the posy-run yesterday, I stopped at the PO and rescued it.
Will leave you all in mystery til I get it photo'd.

To _______ who made it ........ absolutely wonderful! Perfect precision in your work, and the colours give that softness that I was looking for. You thought you were challenged in working with the lights/pastels? I'm already panicing about what I will do with them later! :D THANK YOU Dear Friend! :D

And now ....... I'm off to the flowers! :D

carriem 05-19-2013 04:52 AM

Karen--I like what you have come up with. Maybe you can make a dresser or table runner (or 2 or 3) from the border panel? You could use them in the same room the quilt is being used. We gave our dogs baths last week...but then took the boat out yesterday and they *had to* go play on the sandbar with the kids and go "wading" too. They love the water (kids and dogs)! Due for another bath to get the sand off and river water smell out.

QNS--some more pretty flowers and the cat looks pretty too. :) The ducks sure have gotten big. I was going to take pictures of my house this morning and I woke up to rain! It has been predicted all week and this is the first day we got some. Everything is such a bright green out the windows now that the leaves are really growing on the trees.

Anael--some more good pictures of the twins. I really like the first one of Isa...she is so alert.

Bev--that sure is hot! Does your a/c keep up? Weather in Iowa has been strange this year...it gets hot, then cold then hot again. Yesterday was gorgeous...which was good since we were outside for much of it. I look forward to seeing your finished dresser.

Friday was a nice time with DH. Then I came home and got all the fabric sewn on the last few propellers (trimmed and pinned for last seam last night). I also got 6 of the 12 blocks sewn together for the wedding quilt.

The kids 3-D archery shoot went well. DS took a friend and we went early since they had to go mow lawns. Then I came home got cleaned up and went to a graduation party. After that DD and I went back and she shot (she was gone in the morning when I took the boys). DH had the boat ready when we got home so off we went again. :) We returned a little after they were doing awards so ran over (less than 5 miles away) to see if the kids had placed or won any door prizes. They did places for each grade, male and female (usually it is Elem, MS, and HS). DD (5th gr.) got 1st. DS (7th gr) got 1st and DS's friend (7th) got 3rd. They were all very excited to get a medal. Plus my kids each won arrows and DS's friend won a hat.

This afternoon I hope to spend some more time in the clubhouse.

carriem 05-19-2013 04:56 AM

Ggal and QE--you both posted while I was writing my "book" (above). :)

Ggal enjoy your peaceful day!

QE--have fun in the yard. My back is sore after all the walking on trails yesterday. I think if I had just done it once I would have been fine, but going through twice was a lot!

carriem 05-19-2013 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more post from me...since it stopped raining I decided to get house pictures for QNS. I had to go to the clubhouse to get the camera so took a picture of one of the blocks for the new quilt I am working on. It is the same pattern (Roxanne's Log Cabin) that I made at my retreat in March. These are 4 of the 5 fabrics I'm using.

Honchey 05-19-2013 06:15 AM

Oh my goodness Carriem!!!! Are you working your sewing elves overtime again????

QuiltingNinaSue 05-19-2013 06:23 AM

Carrie, loove your posts and the that last block is sooooooo rich looking, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks like Hollywood CA.

Yes, GardenGal, I am getting there...sometime. Lessons went well for the 550 QE Bernina but long; too long on a Saturday morning. Too early too. Bernette Deco 340 and table stayed at the shop until lessons on Thursday. School desk sewing table is in the garage to be put together after lawn and garden work is done. And I am thinking I need a laptop computer with the embroidery machine...more wildlife patterns and flowers. Note to self: mail MB on Tuesday.
Package to gs on Tuesday.

Filled all the empty garden tires but one. Dh has filled all the 'big' tractor tires and is trying to tell me not to plant much garden...he has onions galore and his strawberries strung out in tires I would normally plant green beans in and hates to be 'put out' 'cause he has to water everything. Think it is his nature to gripe and complain and look amazed if I corner him on his attitude...takes after his Mother too much.

Yes, Carrie the picture perfect cabin in a woody area will be fun to put into a block for all of us. I have Anael's, Janies and yours now. And if I backtrack I can find Honcheys NC and New Jersey homes. I can also find Dublbs lake home. and somewhere I have JanRN's house also. Both Janie and Jan have a statue dog in their yards that might be in the pattern....no rakes planned at moment.

oksewglad 05-19-2013 08:44 AM

mirabelle--your "lemonade" quilt is starting to look like lemon delight! Like the others I hope you can incorporate the lovely rose panels into something else. Could you sew the embroidered panel into a long bolster pillow across a bed; maybe a curtain valance. It's too pretty to toss back into a UFO bag again!
Such rich colors in the LC block, Carrie--very pretty. Glad the kids had a great day shooting.
QNS--get that camera out and show us the MB! Mine's ready for the mailbox.
We had an 1.3 " of rain Thursday night and now everything stopped for a while. Could have severe weather through here today and tomorrow. Stay safe QNS, Carrie, and GrannyQ.
What dublb would give for a rain! But it sounds like you are using this to your advantage. Another holler here for pics of the finished product!
Hope DH gets the lawn mower going today. I have the loveliest crop of dandelions out front. DH actually admitted they were kind of pretty! Methinks the rain has soaked into his brain!
To all the gardners--stiff and sore feels good when the rewards of lovely flowers and luscious food come about.:D
Yesterday did a little housecleaning and then another HS graduation party. Must get bookwork done and out in mail. Have a good day.

JanieW 05-19-2013 09:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I love those pictures of Isa, what a little sweetie. She looked so alert. Bram is so handsome already. Have a super day with them, today, Anael.

Mirabelle, I like your Plan B better than your plan A. The embroidery panel is gorgeous am I bet your will find a good use for it. I really like the fabric that you chose to use instead . It gives a really good contrast to your pieced blocks.

Carrie
, I loved that LC block you showed. Really looks rich.

OK I loved all the pictures of your farm machinery that you use. It's interesting how different our lives are , yet we have the common thread of our love of gardening, sewing and family.

QNS, your pictures always bring a smile . Love, love, love those ducks. Your wisteria is beautiful. Here's a picture of mine. It is the Rocky Mountain variety so it gets quite large. Keep in mind this is just one vine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414397[/ATTACH]

Ha ha ha. Just kidding. :D This is really from Fulham Palace Garden in London, UK. It really is just one vine. We were there in May of 09. it really was amazing or as they say over there, gobsmacking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414398[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414400[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 05-19-2013 09:19 AM

Janie--you'd think you'd need Alberta's wide open spaces for this vine:D:D:D!! Fantastic
FYI--gobsmack was the answer to Jeopardy clue a couple of weeks ago!! I had the answer--no one else did.

carriem 05-19-2013 09:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Honchey--no sewing elves working overtime...just me. :) I stayed in the clubhouse until a little after 10 Friday night! DH was busy in his shop doing his own thing so I figured why not.

Janie--that is a pretty vine...amazing it is just ONE!

Thanks for the comments on my LC block. Lunch is almost ready then heading out to sew the rest of the blocks.

I thought I would share a couple pictures of the view off my back deck, just so you can get an idea of how surrounded by trees we really are. In the background behind the lilac bush, is a fire ring and also a deer stand the kids have turned into a fort (above where you see the white and blue barrels). The dogs had to come see what I was doing so sat pretty for a picture...Beatrice on the left and Ginger on the right.