Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 05-19-2013 12:50 PM

Carrie, love your view from your back deck and your lovely deck dogs!! They are BIG, how much do they weight??

Dublb, just realized I brought a machine like you got back in time to PC page 95. Amazing what you can learn by rereading our PC section...how many patterns do you have for your 340 Deco? Have you had your lessons and used it yet?

Janie, look at at page 87 post 870, and see if that looks familiar to you???!!

JanieW 05-19-2013 02:15 PM

QNS, that's Jan's dog statue, not mine. I know I haven't sent you a picture of our house because I finally figured out what y'all were talking about today! :o I missed your original request and wondered what all the house picture talk was about. So I went back and read the thread and found it. Sorry. I'm going to wait until our yellow rose bush blooms before I take the picture.

Carrie, what a lovely setting. Great place for kids to grow up. Love those rotties, they look quite at home and happy to have their picture taken.

OK, loved your Jeopardy story. Did the rest of them wonder how you knew?

carriem 05-19-2013 02:23 PM

QNS--Beatrice is 87lbs and Ginger is a little smaller at 81lbs. We love living out here in the woods....even though the bugs can be bad. If you do come up to Marion, IA quilt shops, please let me know so even if I am not working we can meet up! I work every Wednesday in the month of June.

I got all the blocks done for the LC quilt this afternoon. I will do piano key border tomorrow and cut fabrics for inner and outer borders. Can't quilt it until I work Thursday since I need backing and batting fabric yet. I posted the blocks on the design wall here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post6073524

QuiltingNinaSue 05-19-2013 02:35 PM

You are right Janie, and thanks for setting me straight when I had it all wrong. Sorry. Senior moment that lasted too long, I guess, in my mind.

Carrie that would be great; have to let you know if and when. Great dogs with striking colors. What kind are they?

mirabelle 05-19-2013 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good guard dogs Carriem I love how they are just sitting there, if I get the camera out my dogs start moving and won't sit still for me:D

So today I managed to get the backing pieced for Star Struck and used up quite a few pieces of fabric, so happy with that and then I got this top together. Only have to put the top and bottom borders on then the final border which will be the border print. Woo hoo another one "almost" off the list. I only have 3 flowers to applique on and then I will sew the final borders on my little lap quilt, which I will do on Thursday. Then I only have to quilt these two quilts and I have finished 4 ufo's in the last 2 months SO can I start a new quilt can I huh huh huh !!!!!!!!!:p cause today the postie was extra nice to me and gave me a parcel of - you guessed it fabric.:D:D:D

mirabelle 05-19-2013 10:14 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have flipped the picture, but you will get the idea

Anael 05-19-2013 11:22 PM

Mirabelle, you can always start a new quilt, no matter how many UFO's you have :D

Carrie, your block is so beautiful, I LOVE the colours! Great view from your back deck! I can imagine you love to live there!

dublb 05-20-2013 06:03 AM

Oh Carrie It's beautiful!

QuiltingNinaSue 05-20-2013 06:11 AM

Calling all the 'Charlie Browns' where are you PCers??? Time for a round up and meeting in the virtual RV....too many are missing in action right now...but I can guess how busy you all are. I miss everyone....at least Mirabelle and Anael are talking on PC. Love the quilt colors Mirabelle and your solution looks good to me.

I am baking those Chocolate Cowboy cookies, so meet me at the Virtual RV....have coffee, tea, or your choice with cookies.

Had high winds last night; it took the dog run and wrapped it around a tree....nothing in the dog run, just had tarps wrapped over and around it. Got two to three inches of rain.

carriem 05-20-2013 06:23 AM

Good morning all-- (evening to a couple of you) :)

Karen-your quilt is turning out very pretty.

QNS-cookies sound yummy. We had high winds, but only about 1/2" of rain. Power blinked but didn't stay off like in surrounding areas. No damage other than flowers pots blown over.