Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 06-18-2013 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure what Iowa fabric will become--will make something for the out of state siblings-7 of the 9 Iowans do not live here.
Here's update on colorway for anniversary quilt. Top is now sandwiched and ready to be quilted--yeah. Had to change colors as was short on border fabric--yes you know the piece QE--so the whole color scheme was changed as well. Will post a completed pic when all done. Night all.[ATTACH=CONFIG]419846[/ATTACH]

dublb 06-18-2013 07:12 PM

I have a contract, & the interest rate is locked in at 4.125%. :) I'm cautious though. I tried ta buy a house 2 years ago & it was a dissaster. It needed repairs & Fannie May (who we were buyin' the house from) wouldn't let us do 'em & wouldn't do it themselves & the mortgage company wouldn't loan us the $ w/out the repairs. Sigh. Fannie May gave us other headaches before that. Pray that this goes smooth for us.
I've been busy workin' on some crazy blocks. I joined a RR where we each embellish 1/4 0' each other's blocks. There was a person who dropped out & 1 block was lost & 1 block was done differently than requested. No one was mad but the lady w/the lost one was very sad. So we are makin' her another one. The lady who's block was done differently than she requested was not mad nor sad a'tall, but we are doin' her another block in her requested theme as a surprise. Well I've got 3 CQ blocks that have ta be done this month.
:eek: I don't have time for anything right now. LOL (I will git my MB done though. I promise.)

mirabelle 06-18-2013 07:30 PM

NinaSue I found this guitar outline, don't know if it will work for you

http://www.annthegran.com/prd/Design...r/1/14029.aspx

How do you take designs from your computer to the embroidery machine, I may be able to download a design for you and e-mail it to you. I can convert to any format, just let me know what you use. I don't have any designs of guitar outlines but I do have a Dakota CD that I haven't finished going through, might just do that this afternoon and look for you.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-19-2013 03:08 AM

Looks pretty good, Mirabelle...little more detail than the outline. Deco takes Art format. I have 'samples' from the Bernina Company and program on my computer. Looks to be the right size. Will consider it this evening after the FART trip today....actually bf ask me to go with her to get a lap top for her dh, so I said 'yes'.

carriem 06-19-2013 04:07 AM

Off to work this morning after taking DD to class....hope everyone has a great day!! :)

Someone (QE I think) asked if it has been busier at the LQS where I work and the answer is: YES. We have a slow day and then a busier day or two. Makes the day go by fast.

More later...

QuiltE 06-19-2013 04:55 AM

OKSGlad ... Your anniversary quilt is going to be a hit at the party and for them to enjoy for years to come. You'vbe put so much meaning into it ... forget, do the 4 cornerstones represent the # of offspring? :) And QuiltESewGlad, to be lurking in the background on this caper! :D Can't wait to see the finished product ... and when is the party?

CarrieM ... here's to a fun day at work. I'm sure you enjoy meeting all the Shop Hoppers, from near and far! It must be wonderful to gather inspiration from them, and hear of their journeys. I hope you are getting around to some of the other LQS', just to check them out! :D

DublB ... patience! :) Sounds like quite the RR, with all the embellishments. Too bad about the missing block, and the one not to their requests. Sometimes it happens, and I fear that I am the one who will miss the guidelines with our MBs.

Wonder whom will get a MB today? :D

(speaking of which, have we seen everyone's blocks from May, yet?)

gardnergal970 06-19-2013 04:57 AM

QNS...enjoy your trip! I remember getting my first computer and it would do absolutely nothing because I didn't know I had to buy software to make it work.:thumbdown: What a disappointment.
Mirabelle & Anael....you are the best for helping QNS with her new machine.
OK...love the runner design. You really maximize your time to get so much done....but that is the life of a farmer's wife, huh?
dubib....the tortoise always wins....patience. So nice of you to redo the RR block.
Yesterday I combined a class project into a MB. Y seams no less. Need to finish it today and hope that it comes out square otherwise I have an orphan. Today is garden day and getting ready for a FART tomorrow. Several of us from class are going to central Illinois before the stores open and work our way back on HWY 74. It should be a fun day!

dublb 06-19-2013 03:11 PM

I'm so bad. I still haven't unpacked my camera. I have 2 MB's from OK & one from GrannieQ that I haven't taken picts o'. Oh & they are so purdy too. I have been so focused on gittin' these 3 CQ blocks on.
I'm not gonna git ta go ta Brady th'sweekend. Sigh. The inspection for the new house will be on Sat. I do want ta be there. Oh well, maybe next week. Gotta go & work on those CQ blocks.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-19-2013 04:12 PM

Yep, I had a GREAT day with bf and she ended up doing all the driving 'cause she feels worse riding that driving some days. We got her dh computer to the great store of repair, and they will notify her of what is wrong and will have the excuse to go back next week again (like we need and excuse to have fun???? Lol!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:)

Shop owner and I agreed on her doing the drawing for the guitar, transferring it into ART and emailing it to me. We also discussed the tables issue, that the machines do not fit with the sewing tables I got from her and today's embroidery stand we took completely out of the box and checked it...then I told her I could not take it with me 'cause we were in Susan's car and there was no room. She agreed to look at (maybe fix) the problem with my 1530's sewing table I ordered that was put together backward. Still discussing the new Bernina 550 desk that does not allow the knee lift to work.

And bf took me to the last 3 local area shops in Iowa, (Lucas, Chariton two shops: Sampler and Ben Franklin) and I found fabric that came home with me. Will show pictures tomorrow when I get a minute to do so...schedule looks very busy...housework (clean out bottom of refrigerator freezer that mysteriously got berry juice in it...drawer was left ajar last night) , share crop of rhubarb with neighbor and quilt store owner here, etc., and take meds tomorrow (did not today)...they sometimes make me sleepy.

QuiltE 06-19-2013 05:26 PM

You've been home, how long, DublB? Time to unpack .......... and before you start the serious packing!

QNSue ... my goodness what a day, with a lot of miles travelled and stops made! Sounds like you are having a lot of problems with your machines and tables. And no meds?

Today was a bit of a trip down memory lane for me ... started out as a normal day in the office and working on a couple of projects. ... OKSGlad and GGal, you'll get a chuckle at this ... got a call this morning from friends that they needed a new Hay Moisture Tester and could not get one locally (2 hrs drive from me). Well, the John Deere dealer could, but it would be two weeks. As though that would be any good! So I was commissioned to locate and acquire one at our local TSC. A phone call and then off to pick it up, proud of Mission Accomplished! Then ... I checked with the local JD and New Holland dealers. Guess what? they had several models and different prices. So off I went in the other direction. Checked them out re the different sizes and features. Came home with one that was far better ... and $100 LESS. Now I have to take the other back to TSC ... and meet them 1/2 way tmro for the great exchange. hhmmmm, suppose I could keep the difference and do a little FART? Nahhh I am SO kind! :)

Just call me Farm Wife for Hire!
(and yes, I enjoyed it ... and reminded myself how much I miss it, even after all this time!)