Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 06-23-2013 10:23 AM

Mirabelle, Bonnie Hunter has a Trip Around The World Pattern on her Free Pattern Page. Her directions always make things go together so easily!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html

QuiltingNinaSue 06-23-2013 01:39 PM

Thanks, Jeanie, I bookmarked the page. Very interesting patterns there. Downloaded several and put them in a 'some day' file.

JeanieG 06-23-2013 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6139302)
Thanks, Jeanie, I bookmarked the page. Very interesting patterns there. Downloaded several and put them in a 'some day' file.

She really does a great job with her instructions, compared to what you find in magazines!

I was in a mood to clean up my sewing room, as I had my Baby Lock in for cleaning, then I took my new Brother in to have it cleaned (don't know when the last time the previous owner had cleaned and oil/greased it). I had three small tubs of scraps that I had just been adding to, so decided to get out my Sizzix Big Shot (a cheaper scrap/fabric cutter than the Accuquilt) and cut all the stuff into squares. I have a bin of different fabrics to cut into strips, and started on them this afternoon. Gosh it feels so good to get that fabric out of those bins and organized, but I really have to be in the "mood" to do it. That mood has not "hit" for a while, so pleased it finally did! :D

QuiltingNinaSue 06-23-2013 03:07 PM

I am still trying to 'arrange' the sewing room, which I cannot do until we get the sewing cabinets and machines in place...hoping to get that done on Wednesday of this week. Mice and men can plan, but according to John Steinbeck, they often go astray! And dealing with scraps on my cutting table. I 'listen' very carefully to each of you on how you deal with the scraps. LOL, they remain sitting there.:D Have not done themselves yet.

The big ducks were too much for the little ducks, one is limping, so we moved their home into the chicken yard, away from the big ducks. I drove the tractor dragging the quansit (misspelled) (half-moon tin shaped hut used with hogs) hut slowly while dh guided it through the gate and under the electrical cord. Moved their end gate for the hut, their water pool, and changed electrical cords so one runs to their hut for a light on when its time for them to go to bed. After all the fowl go to bed, we turn off the light.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-23-2013 04:10 PM

Found on my face book; not a diet pie. Easy to make. Gotta try this one.

Butterfinger Pie
6 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, crushed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
1 graham cracker crust

Directions

Mix first three ingredients together.

Put it in pie crust.
Chill.

QuiltE 06-23-2013 04:39 PM

****running to the RV for THAT pie!!!!!!!!****

carriem 06-23-2013 07:13 PM

Jeanie--thanks for the link, lots of good patterns there. Congrats on making progress with your scraps. :)

QNS--looks like a yummy pie...thanks for sharing!

JeanieG 06-23-2013 07:17 PM

Oh dear, QNS, that pie looks "to die for", and sooooo easy!

Anael 06-23-2013 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I want some of that pie too :D :D

Here's my just finished Sylvia block: E9 Queen Charlotte's Crown with Y seams which went well I think!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420801[/ATTACH]

mirabelle 06-24-2013 03:31 AM

GgaL - congrats on finding your missing MB, can't wait to see what you make with JanRN's blocks. Keep us posted on your progress.

QNS - More beautiful pics of your wonderful garden and a scrumptious pie, yummo

Anael - Me thinks Kitty needs a new name, Killer just doesn't seem to fit:D:D and another gorgeous Sylvia's block, now I really have to get my act together don't I..

Oksewglad - thank you for your kind words, some would say I am obsesses not prolific:D

QuiltE - mmmm diagonal colour setting,,with all these ideas I am getting more confused, but it's not hard to confuse me. I plan on white background as I think cream would look a little muddy against those bright fabrics. Did you leave any pie????

Honchey - big wave hello, hope things are getting better for you.

Carriem - I am TRYING not to overdo it, I didn't set foot inside my sewing room till 3pm today which must be a record for me. Although I do have to get back to my quilting as our Show and Tell is looming next month and I want to get one more quilt finished. Lots of pain killers might help:shock:

JeanieG - I have downloaded most of Bonnie's patterns and have them in their own folder, yes I do agree her instructions are the best.

Now for my news for the day, had to visit with the dietician today and guess what I have managed (don't know how) to lose 2.6 kilos or 5.4 lbs in a month ( I bet I find them again):D:D