Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

deranged_damsel 12-21-2012 07:16 AM

HI ALL!!!

WOW was that ever a snow storm :D we just got internet back last night! it is amazing what sewing a girl can get done without internet! (and the company of a box of cookies and Jam) :D :D :D

A nice surprise! I saw a PAIR of Bald Eagles on my neighbors gateway :D and BOY they were BIG! I havent seen one in quite some time, and found TWO :D :D :D we do have six or seven Golden Eagles in the area, and they are even Bigger!

THANK YOU QNinaSue!!!!!! that box sure brightened up my day!!! the kids fought over that brownie :D OhMyGoodness what was in the oatmeal cookies??? those were INCREDIBLE :D

carriem 12-21-2012 09:11 AM

Mirabelle--very pretty quilt!

Always nice to get on the board and see most everyone having checked in. :)

The sun is shining today and we are working on digging out. Need to go clear snow at DMIL house when done here. Had a flat tire on the tractor so DH got enough snow moved to get the truck out and then had to get that fixed...he is back at work on the driveway now. I need to get bundled up again and shovel....

Hope all have a great day!

JeanieG 12-21-2012 10:29 AM

Oh Gosh QuiltE - that recipe looks so good. Thanks for sharing!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-21-2012 10:30 AM

Love the roses, Mirabelle...that is a another beautiful quilt!!

Nice to hear the chatter from everyone, Anael, Jeanie, QuiltE, DD and Carrie!! Seen QuiltE's favorite cookie...what happened to the rest of the PC riders...Jeanie you mentioned 3 day cookies...are they sugar cookies, cut out and frosted?? Would be nice if everyone posted their favorite cookie or cake for Christmas!! Love new recipes...even if I favor the old stand bys. Thanks, DD, for the compliments....think I am blushing...its old fashion everyday cooking.

dublb 12-21-2012 11:15 AM

7 Layer Bar Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
*1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
*1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
**1/2 cup pecans
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven 350*F
Melt butter: stir in crushed graham crackers. Pat crumb mixture evenly in bottom of an ungreased 13"x9"x2" pan. Layer in order the next 4 ingredients. Pour the canned milk evenly over all. Bake at 350*F for 30 min.s, cool, cut into 1" square pieces. (They are rich & any bigger can be too much all at once.)

* Original recipe calls for 1 cup
** Original recipe calls for walnuts

These are a family favorite & so easy ta make. However the ingredients can be a bit expensive.

Anael 12-21-2012 01:53 PM

I'm so glad I can't get all the ingredients here :D I would gain a lot of weight otherwise!

dublb 12-21-2012 03:13 PM

Yeah, I can't eat 'em anymore. LOL I do sometimes make 'em for the kids.

JeanieG 12-21-2012 04:41 PM

QNS - when I bake for Christmas, I make around 4 types of drop cookies, and several bar cookies. I will make the dough for all the drop cookies one day and refrigerate it. The next day I will bake all the cookies. Then the 3rd day, I will put the frosting or decorations on all the cookies. I read about this process a few years ago, and love it. All the flour, sugar, etc you can put away after the first day. All you do the second day, is line the cookie sheets with parchment paper, and I use cookie scoops to scoop out the dough and bake all the cookies. It just seems a more orderly way to bake a lot of variety of cookies. When I did it the conventional way, it seemed I was always getting busy mixing, and ended up burning some of the cookies. My way, all you do is scoop and bake on the second day!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-21-2012 05:58 PM

Sounds like a great idea, Jeanie...but what is your favorite one that you do...a bar cookie??

I recognize your recipe, Dublb. It is good, easy and quick to make. Will have to try QuiltE's recipe.

janRN 12-21-2012 06:15 PM

Mirab, what a beautiful quilt. Are you also doing the embroidery? I hope you don't mind but I passed the pic on to my FART/quilt friend. She does lots of embroidered blocks in her quilts and I know she'll love yours. I'm not a "flowerey"type gal but I absolutely love that quilt!

Wow--just looking at these recipes I gained 5 lbs. Well, it could have been all the cookies and then pizza I had at work today. Just may have to dust off my baking skills and try them. Thanks.

Our snow storm fizzled out--YAY!!! We got a dusting, maybe an inch coming over night. But the wind--holy cow! I have an old house with old windows and they are rattling. There are trash cans and Christmas decorations all over the street and sidewalks. I have a moose windsock out front and it has been straight out sideways all day. Feel sorry for folks trying to travel this week-end. Hope yinz are all staying home; if not, please be careful out there. I get nervous behind the semi trucks because they are swaying in the wind.