Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 08-01-2013 07:34 PM

Great news here! The painter finished all the painting today. The cabinets will now be shipped next Thursday (moved from the 7th to the 8th). May take a week for them to get here. Then get the contractor back to uncrate and hang them. Ordered the countertop today too. The end is in site everyone. Hopefully all done by the end of the month!!!! Yeah!!!

dublb 08-01-2013 08:21 PM

What a day! First DH woke me up ta go walkin' again. I'm glad that we are gonna keep doin' that, but at 5:00am, while it was still dark, it was still hot outside. 78*F & 65% humidity. We aren't used the that much humidity. I was sweatin' alot before I even got ta walkin. I came home & went right back ta bed. :D DSis & her friend came over. DSis wanted ta show her friend my house. At lunch DH & I went ta the Ace Hardware Store for the first time taday. Then we picked up lunch from Albertsons (a Grocery Store.) I spent the rest o' the afternoon takin' care o' some li'le things around this house. (I still have a ton o' those ta do!) I sent #2DSon ta the old house ta git the pots & pans. He got a bunch o' 'em. :) I picked up some hamburger patties 'cause that's what DH asked me ta git for supper. At 5:00pm I met DH at the other house & we went through some cabinets & threw out a bunch o' stuff! We actually brought home one box o' stuff. LOL We then came home & DH fixed pan broiled HB patties Green Beans & Asparagus for supper. Our first meal here. :) We have decided ta buy another dishwasher. This one is small, has no food grinder, only has one water dispenser, & just doesn't git the dishes clean. We'll go Lookin' for it tamarrow or Sat. As I was cleanin' up after supper Dh said that he wanted ta go ta the Ace Hardware Store. We got a new water savin' shower head for the shower & several other li'le things. Ace & albertson's are about 3 min's away. They used ta be about 12min.'s away. Alotta things are about 3min.s away now. :) I finally got the kitchen clean & several other things done, sat down ta rest & DH went ta bed. Sigh, I had just sat down!

JeanieG 08-01-2013 08:58 PM

Oh Bev, I really feel for you - all that work! At least your doing it a box at a time, and that is what I'm going to have to do when the cabinets are in and I have to move everything back in.

mirabelle 08-01-2013 11:16 PM

Running to the RV with chocolate brownies, I made a batch this morning and this is all that is left. The bloodhound (DS) just turned up on his way to work and two went into his mouth and 2 going to work with him.. So grab them while they last:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A lot of work to be done Bev but all worth it in the long run, hope you are enjoying your new home.

JeanieG so glad everything is going well for you at last.

Anael beautiful photos of your countryside, the Netherlands made our news last week when a hot air balloon landed in a lake, was that any where near you?

Carriem you are getting so much accomplished, can't wait to see your finished projects.

I spent the day quilting, only have the 2 borders to quilt now so hopefully I can get them finished on the weekend.

QNS you are an inspiration to all of us, with your energy and zest for life.

QuiltE, thinking of you

Tuesday I get to post my August MB ooohhhhh I wonder where it is going.....:p and then I have to make Septembers block, where has the last 7 months gone

mirabelle 08-01-2013 11:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops here are the brownies

Anael 08-02-2013 01:11 AM

YEAHHHHHHHHHH brownies.........running to the RV to grab some :D :D

Mirabelle, no that hot air balloon landed nowhere near where I live. About 120 km from here so I didn't notice :)

Jeanie, congrats on the progress!

Bev, I hope you and your family will be happy in the new home :) Take it easy, work will still be there tomorrow :D :D

janRN 08-02-2013 02:45 AM

Good morning. Sounds like everyone is going to be busy today. I spent all last evening hunting for my Rosie quilt. I'm overly organized (anally organized LOL) and sometimes put things away then can't find them. Found it and realized I really like it and now I'm anxious to finish it.

Bev, your new hardware stores will get to know you & DH quite well. And Jeanie, it must be so exciting to see the end in sight!

I'm off to work then I have the next 3 weeks off--Yay!! Hope I'm half as productive as yinz are. Have a great day.

carriem 08-02-2013 03:44 AM

Honchey--it would be great to have you join us in getting one of your quilts finished. :)

Jeanie--happy to hear the painting is done.

Bev--sounds like your days are keeping you plenty busy! It's great that DH is getting those little things done right away so you don't get all moved in and they get put off....

Karen--yummy brownies! I love the chewy ones. :) I need to get my Aug MB done too...the block is printed and I started picking fabrics.

Jan--yay for finding Rosie and even better that you "really like it"!! Have a nice vacation...I hope you are able to spend lots of it in the sewing room (sun porch?) making friends with your S-16.

Anael 08-02-2013 04:35 AM

Jan, good for you finding Rosie! I can't find the fabric of the Alaska star, could you go for a search please?? :D :D
I'm not that productive at all, you know that! I guess you'll do more in your 3 weeks off than I will in 3 months!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-02-2013 05:32 AM

Humans need deadlines so they are more productive. To err is human, to forgive is divine. Sounds like progress is being made, Jeanie, and that makes us smile, too.

SYE has the next block ready to download. It is called "Loosy Goosy". Think I will call it "Loosy Ducky".:D:D:D
Everyone have a good day!!