Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 09-22-2013 04:44 PM

Another beautiful block, well done Carriem and it will play nice with your other oksewglad. Love your wallhanging, I know I like playing with small bits of fabric but you are awesome with what you achieve ok, can't wait to see your jar filled with 9p's.

oksewglad 09-22-2013 04:57 PM

Blushing here--mirabelle! This quilt started out with the green/light and red/light HST's given to me by a friend. Somebody else's leftovers. Also had some more of the light fabrics and the greens in the bag. So I just played around and well here it is. I have such a hard time following directions:D. Guess I have always followed my own path!

Blue Bell 09-22-2013 05:22 PM

OK, love the block that Carrie sent you for 2 reasons, one it is in blue, my favorite color, and EQ calls it the Rhode Island block, where I live. It is a beautiful block.

Blue Bell 09-22-2013 05:26 PM

OK, I just saw your Christmas wall hanging made with l 1/4 inch strips. It is a stunning wall hanging. Love it.

dublb 09-22-2013 05:41 PM

OH Carrie I just love OK's block! It's just lovely.:thumbup:
OK your Christmas mini is awesome too.:thumbup:

mirabelle 09-22-2013 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much news to tell from my trip yesterday, had a lovely lunch, very relaxed atmosphere. Boyfriend made me feel welcome in his home and told me that he is serious about my DD. So we will just have to wait and see where this takes them both.

And just cause we like eye candy, here is my latest almost finish. It was a jelly roll pattern that used 2 jelly rolls, not very clear instructions but I worked it out and managed to make it a little larger, so not as much fabric wastage as the pattern. Then I found another jelly roll of the same range hidden in the cupboard:p and made the final border. It will be quilted at the LQS before Christmas I hope.

carriem 09-22-2013 07:07 PM

OK--very happy you like your block. :) Your wallhanging is another pretty one!

The fern like fabric (with no tulips) in OK's MB is actually a really light blue, so there is a med blue, lt blue and white in it.

I am in NC right now (near Asheville). I came for a short trip with my dad to visit my sister and her family. :) It was one of those last minute trips. Dad wasn't planning to come until October and had invited me to come along, so I had been thinking about it. Then they told him at work he couldn't take off when he wanted to. We left around 6am Friday morning and got here about 12am Saturday...had to make a couple stops at quilt shops...

Ggal, we stopped at Threads of Time (Danville, IL)! Sorry I couldn't give you more notice so we could meet up. :( Then we stopped at a place in Knoxville, TN. I am not sure which route we will be going back home, but Dad says we can plan a few more stops. I am making him a big quilt for at his cabin, so he is happy to go in and look around.

Yesterday after meeting up with my sister for lunch we went to a big fabric store in Black Mountain, NC. I found another fabric to add to my SYE FQs and a possible background fabric for my DJ (squares). I wrote down the info, but didn't get it. We have to go through there on our way home, so still might pick it up.

Next few days will be busy too...

carriem 09-22-2013 07:08 PM

Mirabelle--great pattern!

oksewglad 09-22-2013 08:49 PM

Blue Bell you would like the block IRL too! And yes it plays so nice with the others. I thought I would take a group picture of the next 6 rather than cram the block in on my wall.

Such a pretty soft quilt mirabelle. Glad the meet and greet went well.:)

Enjoy your trip Carrie--wow a patient dad to let you stop a LQS! DH just rolls his eyes when I say "quilt shop". Wish I could do the same when he sees an farm implement lot!:D

Getting ready to put the binding on a Valentine's table runner. Made it when last winter when my QB's and I got together. Since we are starting a fall wall hanging on Friday I thought I'd surprise them and bring a finished project!! Of course they have theirs done from that get together!!! I did say I wanted to get some UFO's done didn't I? Feels good. Night all.

Anael 09-22-2013 09:59 PM

OK, no stocking for KK. Those are for Mick, Bram and Isa. I made the other two yesterday but didn't take pictures yet.
Carrie made you a beautiful block, did you see the approval stamp on the back? :)
Your Christmasquilt is gorgeous! I admire your patience!!
A Valentine runner in autumn, that's a lovely thought :) Will you show it when it's ready? Please??

I have to go to hospital this afternoon for some more tests.

Carrie, have a great time with your DS and enjoy your FART home :D