Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

janRN 07-03-2015 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was a fun quilt to make. I made all the large blocks then had to make small blocks and various borders then put it together like a jigsaw puzzle. Have a happy & safe 4th of July holiday--enjoy our freedom and thank a veteran.[ATTACH=CONFIG]524160[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 07-03-2015 04:53 PM

WEll done, JanRN. Colorful and looks like the explosives of the fourth of July. Have a happy and safe weekend everyone.

oksewglad 07-03-2015 05:14 PM

Great patriotic jigsaw, Jan.:thumbup:

And yes safe travels to all..we'll have a quiet 4th..May watch local fireworks at dusk...a short 10 miles away.

JeanieG 07-03-2015 09:15 PM

Love your quilt Jan. How fun to have a Patriotic Quilt!

Honchey 07-04-2015 04:19 PM

Something happened to my post never showed up???

Happy 4th of July Everyone....lots of firecrackers going off all day in the neighborhood... quiet otherwise..:)

Love your quilt Jan...so many different sizes!

QNS, I tried something for the first time and it worked out great...in the centers where 8 pieces come together I sewed just to the centers' point on each seam, back stitched, trimmed to the stitch line , then joined the two sections together, flattened the seams opposite each other and the center twirled..I can't believe it..no extra thread in the end of the seams made it lay nice & flat...WOW!!! is all I can say..

oksewglad 07-04-2015 08:27 PM

And I'm sure with no thread in the last quarter inch of seams, the bulkiness was reduced even more. Sew smart, Honchey....

QuiltingNinaSue 07-05-2015 04:45 AM

With an open mind to ideas, we can all learn something new everyday, Honchey. Amazing, but true. Eleanor Burns does this with her four patch in TW and it lays flat. I find I go slower and better to match up seams and blocks. Speed does not matter if you spend time ripping out mistakes made when in a hurry to finish a project. And when you get sooooo tired, put it aside; pick it up another day. I take advice under advisement...and consider it, accept or reject it and go on with life and do things 'my way'. LOL!

I did do baked ribs, baked beans, corn on the cob, coleslaw, apple pie and cherry pie yesterday to celebrate the Fourth of July. So many freedoms are disappearing these days. Sigh. Guess we need more prayers for our great country. Back to the serenity of the QR. . . after I do the dishes from yesterday, freeze more currants, cut up the squash and freeze it and do lunch, clean up that mess.

Honchey 07-05-2015 05:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nina, I've never done it with PPing..Didn't think it would work...This should be mentioned on the new ride,it's going to help a bunch of newbies...

janRN 07-05-2015 08:00 AM

Thanks for posting the pic along with the instructions. I'm a "visual" type person and seeing it registers in my brain more so than just reading. I'll try it with the next block I make.

I'm so excited--I'm a gardener LOL. Years ago I had a fair sized garden, enough to use and then can. But I was working full time, my son was at home and I just got away from it. I've envied all of yinz with your gardens. My DGS girlfriend works in a nursery and they were throwing out all the plants that haven't sold. She felt sorry for them--she's too cute!-- so loaded up her trunk with them. I brought home 2 pepper plants--cubenella? and a beautiful purple pepper and planted them this morning. Keep your fingers crossed! Since we don't have a dog anymore we are over-run with rabbits so I hope they don't think I planted them for their dinner!

oksewglad 07-05-2015 04:54 PM

Jan sounds like you may be getting back into the gardening habit....Now is the time to start using raised beds or container gardening. My sis has done containers on patios to get fresh tomatoes etc in the many places she has lived.

Been helping #3 sis clean my brother's house..not sure if he will return after rehab...she's been popping in every 2 or 3 days to regroup.

I am rearranging my sewing space yet again...tweaking placement here and there, but requires moving fabric...want to have it finished when the NC Grands arrive in early August...back to find tuning as I really want to sew, too.....