Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-01-2015 04:06 AM

Happy day yesterday. PattyW came and took me to town. We ate our $2.75 total meal for two on the the courthouse lawn picnic table of burgers and fries. Good meal, good company and peaceful, cool outdoor eating. Picked up more quart jars, visited the greenhouse and picked up tomatoes to can and my BP medicine. She bought her grocery bargains and we came back home. After delivery of her stuff to her house, she came back and we cut batiks for her and looked at my projects again....even Pandora's Box. She helped me cut the borders for my Pony Club quilt. After waiting all this time, it is all cut out. Wow After canning the tomatoes, I will sew the borders on the PC quilt. Patty loved my PC quilt and its stories.

Guess that is what is missing on the 1930 quilt...no personal stories to weave into the stitches of it. Its early yet on it, will see what develops there...from my DGM's stories she told me. Have a great day, everyone.

dublb 08-01-2015 09:51 AM

I canned a few jars of tomatoes today. I like to freeze my tomatoes but these had been pecked by a few birds. The ones that had been pecked don't freeze well as I like to freeze 'em whole. So I cut the bad spots off, peeled 'em & canned 'em.

JeanieG 08-01-2015 10:22 AM

I tend to freeze my tomatoes whole also Bev.

dublb 08-01-2015 11:00 AM

Great minds think alike. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-01-2015 11:07 AM

My freezer is full, so I can what tomatoes I can find to buy by the peck or bushel.

janRN 08-03-2015 06:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like everyone is having a busy summer. I just finished this wall hanging for a former co-worker's son who's getting married this month. I don't know if the future bride will like it but I know the groom will. It's paperpieced, similar to the one I use as a door decoration during football season. [ATTACH=CONFIG]526807[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 08-03-2015 06:45 AM

Love that center, JanRn. It makes me want to yell, "Go Steelers!"

Now to figure out how to photo my Pony Club quilt top that is done.

Honchey 08-03-2015 07:42 AM

OOOh Jan, great quilt.. love the free motion..looks like you're liking that machine of yours.. how big is the center wreath..neat idea of the fabric in the bow....

Question on #4 Ann..how did you lay the seams on the tiny corners?

JeanieG 08-03-2015 09:36 AM

Great quilt Jan! I know that young man will love it!

QNS - congrats on finishing up the Pony Club Quilt. I still have the 2nd quilt with the non pony fabrics to put together, just found it in a project box!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-03-2015 10:14 AM

Had no problem with any block up through number five, paper piecing each one on Farmers Wife 1930. But I owe Honchey an apology because I did not grab the packet to amil it to her. I will do that on Wednesay, and she should get it by Saturday.