Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-02-2016 04:38 PM

Honchey, this is Tuesday, is it not? I do not have my blocks ready, but was looking forward to seeing them. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Honchey 02-02-2016 05:24 PM

By Golly, you're right Nina :) My apologies.. I am late again.. I've been busy packing and doing last minute running around..I'm almost done. We're leaving Thursday instead of tomorrow...we don't want to travel in the rain...

dublb 02-02-2016 05:34 PM

I am glad to know that ya are not traveling in the rain Anne! We are gonna be headed back to Brady on Friday. We will come back on Mon as I need to take DM for her second cataract surgery on Tues.
We did take my Sequoia in today. They did change the oil & did the inspection. They did have to order the part for the handle. We are supposed to call back tomorrow & see if they have the the part. If so we will take it back to be fixed. I hope it is in so we can go to back to Brady on Thurs or Fri.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-03-2016 04:58 AM

Anne and Dublb, lots of luck to you in your traveling miles. I was going on a F A R T trip today, but the driver canceled the trip 'cause Des Monies had soo much snow. She will try again on Friday. Good to have another day to do the FM blocks... and to stay warm inside.

Honchey, I am sure everyone understands and has been in the same set of footprints, getting too busy on one line of thought and miss details in other ways. I think its the sign of an intelligent mind. LOL! Mine was always mind overload. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

carriem 02-03-2016 05:21 AM

Safe travels to those moving from house to house in the next few days. :) I was happy to just stay home yesterday! It was the first time in a long time when I didn't have some place to go. (Well there were 2 things scheduled, but due to weather they got canceled). I was able to get the rows together and sandwiched for one of my "ours" star quilts and almost have it quilted. I decided to quilt the middle and then add the borders QAYG to make it easier to handle. Nothing too fancy with the quilting and thread kept breaking with all the thick seams, but I made lots of progress and am very happy about it! :) Today is back to "normal"....school this morning and work this afternoon.

givio 02-03-2016 08:50 PM

Wow, Carrie, lovely! From across the room in the evening light, my husband said, "Who made those beautiful carpets?" He thought they were pictures of oriental woven rugs. I said, "Those are quilts!" He was impressed. I've got some KT fabric. I like it too. :-) I got it first as a Block of the Month program from my local Quilt shop. The blocks were prepackaged fabric using a beige background. I finished the year of blocks, and had scraps left that I could use for alternate blocks, which I sewed with a cream background. What a neat difference your quilts are than the one I'm doing (!) simply because of your darker backgrounds. I wish I'd thought of doing that! And that blue one is especially attractive to me.
Next question: What is GFG? Grandmother's Flower Garden?

oksewglad 02-03-2016 08:59 PM

Another KT fan here, givio. My FWS PC quilt uses many of their fabrics along with some Jo Morton type pieces...GFG=Grandmothers Flower Garden--usually from hexagons...

No school again today...had the Grands clean up the play room...sorted through toys...eliminated some that aren't played with...Good feeling...need to hit the sewing room next, but office is calling instead...another couple days of bookwork ahead of me...

Have a couple of projects to work on for Grands in NC...must be to them by 2-14...yikes....

dublb 02-03-2016 09:59 PM

Sue, I too think that I have mind overload! LOL
Givo, OK is right GFG is Grandmother's Flower Garden & it is an old pattern made w/hexagons.
OK, That's a great way to use a snow day. :)
Carrie, it sounds great that you too used your snow day wonderfully!

Today was another busy day!
After DH fixed breakfast we got a call that the part for the Sequoia door handle is in. So we took it back to get fixed. Once we were home we paid bills. (Yuck) Actually he budgeted 'em & I washed the breakfast dishes. Then he either paid 'em online or wrote the checks while I marked 'em paid & stuffed the envelopes. About that time we got a call from the Toyota place w/an apology. They needed to order a cable for the door too. It won't be ready till tomarrow. I told DH that he would now need to take me to the LQS & Handcocks!http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/grin.gif We also had several other places to go to also. So out we headed, to the bank, the LQS, Walgreens then Handcocks. All before lunch. I have spent the rest of today sewing on my 10 min block sampler. I did fix King Ranch Chicken for supper.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2016 06:20 AM

Dublb, the memories of King Ranch Chicken! Do you put cut corn in yours? That's what they did in CC.

Gluing fine sandpaper to the bottom of my templates today.... the template, light cardboard and the the fine sand paper to kept it form slipping as I nee to use each to make the 17 blocks of Midnight Star. Have fun and take care everyone.

dublb 02-04-2016 05:27 PM

No corn. I got my recipe off a Rotell can years ago. I do change it up a bit according to how many of us will be eating.
I spent most of today getting caught up on things that I let slide while getting out the last few days.