Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 01-29-2016 05:10 PM

Today was so busy! I finished painting the li'le nook in the bedroom. Did a ton of laundry. Packed all my jewelry, mascara, & lipstick. (That is all the make up I wear.) They are in my DMIL's vanity. We are gonna take the vanity to Brady tomarrow along w/some other things.

oksewglad 01-29-2016 05:43 PM

Thinking of you care givers as you chauffeur your loved ones around. Another person to help carry the uncertainty is most welcome...
Yesterday after my appointment I stopped at MrOK's aunt's home...she is one of my wise women...women to show me the path through this journey called life...I had made tomato soup before I left home...we enjoyed it...MrOK is not crazy about it and she loves it...we are doing a Bible study session again this year.

carriem 01-29-2016 06:23 PM

DMIL spot was not cancerous but they still want to remove it as the cells it is made up of can turn into cancerous cells. We see the surgeon next week and surgery will probably be scheduled in a week to 10 days later. I am glad I can be available to get her to appts. It has gotten harder in the last year with the kids involved in more and me working, but we do our best. Thankfully DS has his license now so can help with the driving some...like this afternoon he and DD went to get groceries and meds for Grandma.

dublb 01-29-2016 07:00 PM

OH! That's wonderful news Carrie!
It is so good when our DKids help us be caregivers!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-30-2016 05:26 AM

Yesterday dh aged another year...one out of three children called him and wished him a Happy Birthday. Our favorite neighbor came by about one in the afternoon and stayed to have supper with us to celebrate his special day.

She was kind enough to load up the plastic bags of scraps into her car,too, so my house is looking much better now. Repair guy comes back today and finishes the garage door repair. DS has 'taken' charge of getting two out of three children back in March for our anniversary party. BF Ronda is coming in early to help set up for the open house. Trying to keep everything simple.... trying to keep things simple. DS will have his MIL with him, so they will stay at a motel close by, and DD and family will take the guest room.

Shop Hop coming up next Wednesday. One shop has been sold, and is holding a good sale there.,. I 'might' need more fabric to replace what I have given away! LOL!:D

dublb 01-31-2016 12:10 AM

We are in Brady again. I sewed tonight. (Nope, last night. It is way after midnight!) I worked on my 10 minute block sampler. I have 8 of the 12 blocks done. I do plan on getting another one done tonight. We are gonna be busy for quit a while latter today unpacking & rearranging. I am gonna head to bed on a few. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-31-2016 10:25 AM

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99&oe=573D486D

oksewglad 01-31-2016 01:13 PM

FYI...minis raised $340 for the school..

janRN 01-31-2016 02:42 PM

Wow, OK, that is awesome. Glad people appreciate the time, talent and energy that goes into making quilted items. Good job, I'm sure the school appreciates all you do!

dublb 01-31-2016 06:47 PM

That's great OK! They are so cute, & I am glad that they are such a blessing. You did good girl!
DH & I are in Brady again. We did some more rearranging of some of the furniture, unpacked some boxes (but not as many as we brought) & I reupholstered the seat of my vanity. We have to go back tomorrow as I have an appointment to put my Sequoia in the shop first thing Tues AM. I have to get the door handle fixed so I do'nt have to roll the window down to get outta the truck. While it is there we are gonna get it inspected & have the oil changed.