Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 06-28-2015 07:08 PM

Two great finished Carrie....I really like how you set the various blocks in the PC quilt. Oh now I must continue to work on mine....

dublb 06-29-2015 05:08 PM

Well I am back from Brady but will head back on Wed. LOL Wouldn't have come home but had ta come & get DH. LOL Had a great time. I was introduced ta a really neat shop just north o' San Angelo. Spent many hours laughin' & sewin'.

oksewglad 06-29-2015 05:33 PM

Sounds like sew much fun dublb...New twist to my life with my single brother breaking his leg...when it rains it pours.... we had 5" of rain in 2 1/2 hours a week ago with some fields flooding. But after seeing the wet fields in IL and IN, we know it could have been worse...later

oksewglad 06-30-2015 09:01 AM

I just found out my Quilter's Basket brought in $100...really pleased with a $15 dollar investment, my time and donated items from LQS.

carriem 06-30-2015 10:49 AM

Wow OK, that is great!!! Does the money go to a 4-H club or to the County Fair to help cover costs?

oksewglad 06-30-2015 12:23 PM

The money goes to the 4-H program to help cover membership costs, Carrie, so I really feel good about it.

janRN 06-30-2015 01:31 PM

Congrats, OK--what a great thing you did. I'd have bid $100 on it in a heartbeat!

Blue Bell 06-30-2015 04:37 PM

Congratulations on the generous bid, OK.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-30-2015 05:03 PM

Wonderful news, OK. It will help the 4-H group...and they will ve very happy about that I am sure.

Great road trip today; we hit four big Quilt Shops and ate at Hickory Park and some of the meal come home with me. The Mo girls who traveled in my car had never been to Ames, Iowa, so they enjoyed the meal and the big quilt store there. We played musical chair, so the driver got a one on one with everyone in the car and everyone seemed to enjoy it more and feel great about the long ride...next date will be July 30th for the Crazy Redhead's Warehouse sale. Its great to be back home tonight.

Honchey 07-02-2015 01:50 AM

What a good person you are to do all that you do for your charities & the 4H group.. The basket was a bountiful one...

As you can see by the time this is posted I didn't sleep very well last night. I've been up since 5 a.m.

Lots of July 4th Sales going on all over...I hope to be very good in spite of them :) I did cut another quilt while in NC..It's a ribbon weave stack n whack.. I've done a few before and ladies in NC wanted to know how to do it..Hobby Lobby had a clearance rack & I found some suitable fabric for it and now I need the palest of orangy peach soliid or lightly textured fabric for the background side triangles.it will have a navy framing border then a bigger ? haven't decided border...It's very colorful..will post a pic after I get it layed out.. the blocks aren't sewn together yet..
I think it's almost time for coffee.. later H.