Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 01-07-2013 05:40 PM

I have decided that my BB will be a special quilt for me. :) I'm not gonna put 'em in my PC quilt like I had planed at first. It's gonna be all mine.:)

QuiltE 01-07-2013 06:19 PM

Do those Nanaimo Bars not have enough chocolate for you? :)

You should be a writer QNSue .... you have a special way of saying everything. And with a great balance between philosophical writing, factual and humour! Love it!

dublb 01-07-2013 06:34 PM

Pass me some marshmallows....I love sittin in the RV visitin' & munchin'.:)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-07-2013 07:08 PM

Thanks, QuiltE!!* I am blushing here* even a thought of a new career is enough to warm the heart at my age!!

I will raise my tea cup in a toast to that thought in the "year of 2013, year of GOOD LUCK for all" PC riders in the virtual RV. Here! Here!

JeanieG 01-07-2013 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5769782)
Oh but now they get to see it IRL .... eeeeeeeeeeks! :D

I had to cut my block down from a 12" block, I did it in EQ, and used the templates/cutting directions it provided. My pieces are not fitting together as well as I thought, so I'm having to sliver cut some of it. UGH I don't think they are going to be as spectacular as I thought! I hope they are not too wonky, and like some of you guys, am nervous about them!

QuiltE 01-07-2013 07:29 PM

JeanieG ... we'll all be nervous together .... and then we'll be giddy together with excitement when we receive them!!

QNSue ... I'll drink to that ... and tonight's tea happens to be "Ceylon Star" ... Wish upon a star ... Star anise is one of the most beautiful spices around…and also one of the most delicious. It has a sweet, subtle licorice taste that we just can’t resist. And some say it has magical properties: keeping star anise around is said to bring you good luck, happy dreams and even clairvoyance. Most importantly, it makes for some seriously delicious tea. Star anise and Ceylon black tea is a classic combination, but here we sweeten the deal even more with white chocolate, cocoa nibs and coconut. The result is sweet and creamy, with a hint of exotic spice. Now that’s star power. Ingredients:Ceylon black tea, star anise, cocoa, white chocolate, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring.

I keep trying to nudge you, QNSue, to get those thoughts and memories down ... a wonderful gift to your DGS along with his quilt(s).

JeanieG 01-07-2013 10:13 PM

QuiltE - that tea sounds like it has a million calories! Sounds wonderful, wonder if we have it in the States? I drink ice tea all day long, but have started having a cup of hot tea before bed. My favorite is an old flavor, Constant Comment, I get the decaf. I don't use any sweetener in my tea, as that is how my folks drank theirs. Isn't it interesting how we follow old habits from day gone bye.

QNS, here is a breakfast casserole that I make when we are with our camping group and have a brunch. Most of you would probably have to half the recipe, it really makes a lot!

Country Breakfast Casserole

Recipe By : Midwest Living, December 1995
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories : Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
24 oz pork sausage. bulk (mild or spicy)
1 cup finely chopped onions
8 cups hash browns - diced frozen thawed
3 cups colby/monterey jack cheese - shredded
6 ea eggs - beaten
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp black pepper
salsa

1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions until no pink remains;
drain. In an 9 x 15 inch square baking dish, layer the potatoes, half of
the cheese, the sausage-onion mixture and rest of cheese.

2. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over the cheese. At
this point, the casserole may be covered and chilled overnight.

3. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes, or until a knife
inserted near the center comes out clean.

4. Transfer to a wire rack. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares.

dublb 01-07-2013 10:34 PM

I used ta make shipwreck.
Bacon or Sausage
Onions
Patatos baked & cubed
Cheese
Eggs

Fry the bacon or sausage & crumble it then set it aside. Saute the onions & then add the cubed potatos & brown 'em. Mix the eggs, cheese & crumbled bacon (or sausage.) Scramble it all up. Yummmm

Anael 01-07-2013 10:39 PM

Jeanie, your breakfast looks like dinner to me :D We don't eat sausage and potatoes for breakfast.

Thank you all for your compliments on my blocks. While I was working on the BB I was thinking the same you all do: what if they don't like my blocks, what if it's a disappointment. But they're my blocks and they're my gift to my friends, they're not perfect but neither am I!

Anael 01-07-2013 10:58 PM

Mirabelle, are you OK? I just read about the fires on the news!