Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 11-27-2013 01:50 PM

We closed ta day & have the check in hand. :)

mirabelle 11-27-2013 01:58 PM

Yay, now run to the Bank and get that cheque deposited:thumbup::thumbup:

Anael 11-27-2013 02:31 PM

DD, thanks :) Can we see a picture of Handsome Hans please :D :D
My sons are Dutch and Spanish on their Dads side, me, I'm only Dutch ;)

Dublb, congrats on closing and having the check. Like mirabelle said, run to the bank!

OK, congrats on the wedding and the new grandson. It will be an exciting year :)

I'm calling it a day, it's 11.30 pm here now and I should be in bed by now. I was watching Game of Thrones with my KK. She went to the vet today to have her nails clipped and we found out she lost weight again. When she keeps going to the Kitty Weight Watchers soon there will be no KK left :( She can eat all day if she wants to so that's not the problem. She doesn't look sick either, is chasing my stuff (not her toys!!) so I guess she's ok. Maybe because she's aging?

CU all tomorrow!

carriem 11-27-2013 02:50 PM

D_D--Yay for a clean house! I always feel so much better when I get that done. :)

Dublb--Great news about the house. Now you can enjoy your weekend without thinking about it.

Anael--Hope you sleep well.

QNS--sounds like you had a day like me...errands!

We got errands done this morning. DS got his braces on and is in a lot of pain. Soft foods for him the next couple days! This afternoon I got the carrot casserole and party potatoes all mixed up. DD got her cupcakes baked...waiting for them to cool now so she can frost and add candies. Pumpkin pie is baking now....that's for tonight. :thumbup:

I got the backing sewn together for the tulip quilt and everything needed to sandwich three quilts packed and in the van (all but the basting spray, didn't know how that would do in freezing temps).

Now have dishes and laundry to do, then I can relax the next few days. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-27-2013 04:30 PM

Yea, Carrie, your missions were success stories. I was on the wrong day to get our hair cut; the appointment was yesterday...dh laughed at me. So we came home early and got a few more things done...before bfs came in the door. Had Chicken legs and thighs fried, mashed potatoes and gravy and cornbread for supper. Will do a sausage/cornbread stuffing in the morning and put the 16 pound turkey in the oven, then bake the pies. Everybody here, and I have retired to my room. The others helped themselves to Schwan's Ice Cream and Fudge and Peanut Butter Fudge.

Barb, now you can truly 'settle' in the new home and enjoy it.

All together PC riders, stuff the turkey, stuff yourself and everyone else, and turn the scales back 10 pounds. Have a good save Turkey Day, everyone.

QuiltE 11-27-2013 04:55 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, tomorrow ... to all our American Friends!
Travel safely, for those who will be on the go.
Be sure to stop and enjoy yourselves ... and do not make it all about work!!

Anael ... Green, I see!! and I do like the HITBD or Churn Dash with the fancy centres! How did lunch go today?

MiraB ... you had me worried that you were missing those "good ol' days". Me neither ... the corporate world is long gone and the last 31 yrs I've been self employed. OMG, has it been THAT long? Surely not (but oh yes it has:D)

DDamsel ... oh dear, no working oven! So how did you make that cake? on the BBQ? :D:D:D Happy Birthday to DD and have a fun day on Friday with your parents and all who gather!

DublB ... yea for the final closing ... I would have gone straight to the bank with the $$$$$$

CarrieM ... oh how cruel to your son, to have braces for Thanksgiving :(. Now three sandwiches to be made! Good for you!

QNSue ... have a good time with your friends!

Me? ... errands all day and a calamity of things happening. All's good though ... just that this week has turned upside down and inside out ... and everything that was to happened seemed to constantly been interrupted with other things!! arrgghhhh!!!!!!!! Challenges? Opportunities? ... just annoyances, mainly! :D:D:D:D

dublb 11-27-2013 05:13 PM

Yes we went straight ta the bank. :) We also then immediately transferred some o' the money ta pay my Sequoia off. The only dept we have is the house we live in now. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-27-2013 07:03 PM

My cell phone died. So Friday I will need to go back to the mobile phone company and see what we can do. One day at a time.

mirabelle 11-27-2013 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everybody sounds so busy with Thanksgiving dinners, don't celebrate it "over here", but the talk of all that food definitely makes me hungry:D, and so many dishes I have never heard of.

Carriem I hope you have a wonderful birthday party, how many children do you have? You may have told me before but I can't remember (old age):D

Finally finished hand sewing the binding on Hidden Wells, put it on my bed to take this pic and now I have a HUGE dilemma. I really really like it on my bed,:shock: I have burgundy curtains and half the walls have been painted burgundy and it just looks like it is meant to be there:o DD and I had a good laugh this morning about me wanting to steal her Christmas present. I sent her this pic also and she agreed that it looked good in my bedroom. I have started a Bargello (today) which if I sew night and day just might get it finished in time to give to her and BF for Christmas. Or I might have to give her a IOU:D

Any opinions would be welcomed.

dublb 11-27-2013 07:10 PM

Oh Sue I'm so sorry about your phone. We don't seem ta be able ta live w/o our phones do we? (I can't anyway. LOL)
Oh! Look at the roses for Mirabelle! It is perfect for you!!!

AACK!!!! I miscounted the number o' people that will be at my house tamarrow! We will have 25 instead o' 16. We gotta git more chairs & another table from my DSis's house! I can't believe I didn't count right! Sigh! Have I mentioned that numbers & I don't git along? I did think I could add though. Sigh again.