Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 01-12-2013 09:38 AM

What kind of movies does your kitty like?
Our dalmation always enjoyed 101 Dals .... she went nuts when they all came running and yipping along!

Have a good night! and a fun time tomorrow with your DGS!

deranged_damsel 01-12-2013 10:26 AM

Sorry, I have not finished my BB yet, I was aiming for the end of january....

we have been hit HARD with respiratory Flu! 11 days and counting... I had it first and am doing quite a bit better, so I am on cleanup duty! FUN for me :D

It dosent help that it is 20 below outside!

did I mention we have brand new puppies???

Anael 01-12-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5780846)
What kind of movies does your kitty like?
Our dalmation always enjoyed 101 Dals .... she went nuts when they all came running and yipping along!

Have a good night! and a fun time tomorrow with your DGS!

She has to watch whatever I'm watching. I like Scandinavian thrillers, oh well most thrillers, not only Scandinavian. I'm watching Waking the Dead now, all episodes I have :D And drama, lots of drama......LOL.
Most of the time my kitty is sleeping so I guess it doesn't interest her that much ;) I think with dogs it's different. My former neighbour had a dog, she (the dog) had her favorite shows too. Of course with dogs in it :D

QuiltE 01-12-2013 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 5780940)
Sorry, I have not finished my BB yet, I was aiming for the end of january....

we have been hit HARD with respiratory Flu! 11 days and counting... I had it first and am doing quite a bit better, so I am on cleanup duty! FUN for me :D

It dosent help that it is 20 below outside!

did I mention we have brand new puppies???

Puppies ... oh no you did not tell us about the puppies!
Please tell and show pics!

So sorry that the bug has hit the DDamsel Homestead ... here's wishing only good things come your way ... and FAST!!!

One good thing about 20 below ... it kills the bugs that are in the air! Our weather is only flip flopping around and encouraging those dastardly little "buggers"!!

Anael ... you reminded me of one cat I had ... she was mesmerized with the steam coming out from a pot when boiling potatoes. I don't know how many times I tripped over her as she sat and stared. Same cat would sit and watch TV ... if we left the room, when we came back, she'd be sitting on the floor staring up at the TV.

QuiltE 01-12-2013 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Being that we were talking about JanRN's cement dog, all dressed .... here's my bear in the mud room, just in from the back porch you saw with Fr♥sty......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387648[/ATTACH]

Anael 01-12-2013 11:59 AM

What a lovely bear! Is that your Frosty suit hanging over the back of the chair?

I had a kitten, she was looking behind the TV searching for the people she saw on the screen LOL. The same kitten sat on my printer watching the paper come out :D

gardnergal970 01-12-2013 01:52 PM

And D..D...where in the world is "right here"? Alaska?

QuiltE 01-12-2013 01:55 PM

That is a chair cover that I got for next thing to nothing a few years ago. Made out of fleece, so could be easily replicated or with other characters. Might be something fun for you to do for your DGS!

Fun with your kitten!

You're taking me down a lot of memory lane trips today .... Different dog ... we had CDs we played that had nature sounds in them, along with orchestra music. One was really nice with the Skater's Waltz ... you could hear the blades carving into the ice as they skated, etc. The dog story ... another had wolves howling. Our dog would run to the window and look out, as she knew the wolves should be outside. Then she'd run back to the speaker and look at it, as she knew that was where she heard the howling. Back to the window ... back to the speaker, and so on. The first time, we thought, that'd be it. And everytime we played the CD, she'd do the same thing.

Of course, we would let our dogs put on performances when we had visitors ... the CD and teh 101 Dalmations. Though the Dal never got excited over the wolves ... actually was probably thankful she was on the inside. She was such a chicken-hearted little one! Loved them all!

Anael 01-12-2013 02:06 PM

You could make a chaircover like that from an old sweater.

Great stories, thanks for sharing. When I was a kid we had all kinds of animals, inside and outside. I don't remember any of them acting silly but we had no TV and according to my dad the radio was only for the news, no music. When I was in highschool I listened to my favorite music when he was still at work. Being the headmaster of a primary school he always was home early :(

janRN 01-12-2013 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Must have been one hellava party, Dude!![ATTACH=CONFIG]387705[/ATTACH]