Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 01-16-2013 10:43 PM

On my new machine I git a 10 hour class w/just me & the teacher. I'm sure that she will let me know what I need. Actually I think I'll go & git the stabilizer that my (other) DCousin recommends just ta be sure.:)

Anael 01-16-2013 10:54 PM

Thanks Bev for telling your story. Twins run in both families here. I have been pregnant with twins but I never knew untill delivery. One of them died very early in the pregnancy but caused problems all along.
She's not showing signs of labor yet, that's the good thing! Let's hope it stays that way. She's in a High Care Unit so will have the best care possible. They're monitoring the twins three times a day.

I have to take my kitty to the vet this morning, she has to have bloodworks done. She might have thyroid problems as she's eating like a docker and still losing weight. Besides she's very cranky and according to the vet that fit the symptoms of thyroid problems. Tomorrow I will know.

Anael 01-16-2013 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished the BOM top yesterday. I'm going to call the quilt The Waiting Game, you all know why! I made every mistake possible ;) Here it is, still needs borders but I didn't decide what fabric to use. Wanted to use the pink I used in the lower centre block but it looks like I don't have enough of that.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388581[/ATTACH]

dublb 01-16-2013 11:05 PM

OH!!! That is stunnin' in it's own uniqueness. I looooove it! Those HST's are just wonderful. :thumbup:

Anael 01-16-2013 11:19 PM

Thank you Bev :D Any advice on the borders?

mirabelle 01-17-2013 01:07 AM

No advice on the borders but I love the setting of this gorgeous quilt. Very unique.

On second thoughts how about a 1 inch yellow and a dark blue for the final border, but not too dark that it will overwhelm it.
:)I keep scrolling back up to have a look to see what colours jump out at me.

You have purples and pinks but I don't think they will work

Scrolled back up again, definitely not green

Back again, top left hand corner block, is that a medium blue in the background, I like that colour

Scrolled back and I really like that medium blue (if it is blue)

Will get off the soap box now, just remember you did ask:D:D

Anael 01-17-2013 02:48 AM

LOL mirabelle, keep scrolling :D :D
The background of the top left hand corner block is quite dark blue, I'll try and take a pic of the fabric, hold on............no, can't find it, have to go through my stash upstairs and it's coldddddddddddddddddddddddd there :(

Anael 01-17-2013 02:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You mean this one: [ATTACH=CONFIG]388594[/ATTACH]
I only have 26 " left and the quilt is 60" square so I could use it for a very small border and would need another colour for the final border.

Anael 01-17-2013 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a pic of the actual block. The colour of this pic is more like IRL, the pic I just posted is quite dark.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388600[/ATTACH]

mirabelle 01-17-2013 04:14 AM

That fabric would work, what a pity you don't have enough. Keep searching through your stash. It needs about a 3 to 4 inch border, 6 strips, so you will need about a metre for the final border and binding.

Hope that makes sense to you.

I am happy that your DDIL is going to stay in hospital, I know that puts an added strain on the family but she needs to be there right now. Sending positive thoughts your way..

Its late and I need to go to bed, chat tomorrow...