Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

purtercat92 12-09-2012 06:38 PM

Ditto for me!!!

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5695680)
I'm certainly not disappointed either. As soon as the Christmas rush is over, I'll have two beautiful quilts with one fun pattern. No question that I'll jump on the next train when it passes by -- no matter how many colors are in it!

paintmejudy 12-10-2012 10:54 AM

I have something I am sampling out right now, a scrappy stash buster that can be made in whatever size you want. (Well, with all the stash we have, nothing except a quilt to cover a football field could be considered a true stash buster.)

But, this is not a big involved 5 or 6 week quilt, and can be accomplished in 2 or 3 longish lessons -- I thought maybe I could give you mystery fans something to do in January until the next mystery quilt train starts the middle or end of February.

Hmmm .... I know some of you are still hanging around in the club car -- just wondered if anyone had any interest. I was thinking of posting 12/29, 1/5 and 1/12.

Oksewnsew 12-10-2012 11:36 AM

I think it would be fun...I'm in...I'm setting the 3rd Mystery together, have it about 1/2 done...It's been fun. Thanks

coopah 12-10-2012 11:46 AM

Since I don't have the current one done, I'd probably print the directions and do it at a later time. Need to get my sewing room reorganized and then I'll be ready to go again, but have this lat mystgery to finish as well. Just not motivated to sew. Good thing I don't need to rely on sewing for an income!

jaba 12-10-2012 11:47 AM

Oh yes, I'd be up for that. Lots of bits of this at that and strips galore I'd love to use on a mystery...

IBQLTN 12-10-2012 12:13 PM

Works for me but then I'm more of an observer so maybe I could actually make one that took less time and I have some time off over the holidays as well.

LUANNH 12-10-2012 12:22 PM

I'm in, well I'll at least print out the info needed to make the quilt and check in here every day!! LOL Still need to finish up the last one after the holidays.

Elisabrat 12-10-2012 01:00 PM

Oh I am in scraps r us! and if they are longish instructions then it means it can take a bit longer and thats ok too for those who are not speedy gonzales types (ie me) speedy is not associated with me but i would love to hit the scraps for sure! so yes yes yes and should we sort them by say lights darks/ or .. ready on go. how nice of you to do that Judy I know your getting ready to hit the road soon so this is a perfect in between another one. I finished my top am piecing the back goal to finish that today and start quilting. I was on finish quilting today but I have to eat too! which means a trip to the market. or make do :) which sounds marvelous. OH NO the great fisherman just returned. with fish. again. 5 more trout for the freezer. I will never get real food in there!

Caroline S 12-10-2012 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by LUANNH (Post 5711114)
I'm in, well I'll at least print out the info needed to make the quilt and check in here every day!! LOL Still need to finish up the last one after the holidays.

Ditto here. Gotta do something with my growing pile of stash scraps, been dumping everything into a scrap tote.

babyfireo4 12-10-2012 01:12 PM

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea!