Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

irishrose 10-23-2012 08:44 AM

Jenni, I like #2 of your two choices, but I'm wondering if #1 in your other fabrics would look better than the plain navy (C). Would there be enough contrast?

VickiM 10-23-2012 01:32 PM

Judy, I managed some time on this today...got all the hst made; are we pressing to the dark or open? Hopefully I can get them squared up tomorrow. Then will take a pic.

ahwu 10-23-2012 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my second try. If it does not work... I will have to go shopping. The rest of my fabrics are mostly less then a yard or have big patterns.[ATTACH=CONFIG]371978[/ATTACH]

reeskylr 10-23-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5605504)
Home again~ filled with the dang fluie coldie cruddy crud~ but I am checking my stash for some good fabric to use on mystery #3.

Eeek stay in your train bunk and eat some soup!

haylillan 10-23-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by ahwu (Post 5607276)
This is my second try. If it does not work... I will have to go shopping. The rest of my fabrics are mostly less then a yard or have big patterns.[ATTACH=CONFIG]371978[/ATTACH]

I think your fabric looks pretty good

Sauki1 10-23-2012 06:36 PM

Jenniky, I like #2 as well. :)

Elisabrat 10-23-2012 07:02 PM

ok not that it amounts to much but those blue collections you have it alright from the time you posted the first batch of blues. I think its a win win situation. Squint which combo do you like more? When I posted mine I knew the two least favorites of mine well they were everyone heres least favorite too. Anastasia and I were the only votes for the third I had posted and since well I did come up with them all I ws happy as a clam to just use any of them :) your blues I think will work you have dark lights not too large a print and two contrasting colors for e and f, I say figure out a-d and like Judy said you have three more weeks of clues still before you will be using E and F so you can see how its panning out in larger scale even if you dont know what the pattern is.. toss a bunch of blocks in rows and see about the colors.. your set.

the browns, greys nice small scales there you should be good to go. light darks same thing..
and one needs energy to sew, all this hard work .. meals are required then the train doesnt have to stop other than for fabric or restocks on chocolates and things. Mine magically morph out of the handy dandy Mary Poppins bag I have. (boy do I need one of those!).

dotcomdtcm 10-23-2012 07:21 PM

Mystery 3

6 Attachment(s)
Okay, I started mine. If we can route the train through Fredericksburg, Texas, there is a Pie store...OMG I'll even treat!!
I hope you will enjoy my snapshots!

marytoddliz 10-23-2012 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5605854)

Marybeth so glad you posted....that horrible accident on your road yesterday....kept telling myself you were in an airplane not a car....not sure myself believed me. ((((HUGS))))

I didn't even hear about it but I have been hearing a lot of sirens. We got home really late Sunday night and it was so foggy it took almost 2 hours to get home! I will have to check the paper on Thursday to read about the accident.

marytoddliz 10-23-2012 08:39 PM

LOL, I will not breathe on anyone, but since the food has no calories and the alcohol gives no hangovers I think it is pretty safe to assume that Colds don't have any germs! HEHE... maybe that is why I am feeling brighter today!

Originally Posted by reeskylr (Post 5607487)
Eeek stay in your train bunk and eat some soup!