Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

paintmejudy 11-02-2012 07:43 AM

Woo hoo quilt addict - I vote for the second one but I would used that great squiggly print for one of he A B C or D fabrics. It's too pretty not to see a lot of the print - like in the HST. But the first collection is pretty too - make both if you cannot decide!

Originally Posted by quilt addict (Post 5628901)
Thanks for letting be jump onto the train.

Okay here are a couple of collections from my stash. Yes they are very different. Do they work? Which one do you think would come out better? I appreciate your suggestions. Then I will try getting to the HST done hopefully next week. I have some other projects I have to finish this weekend.

quilt addict 11-02-2012 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5629653)
Woo hoo quilt addict - I vote for the second one but I would used that great squiggly print for one of he A B C or D fabrics. It's too pretty not to see a lot of the print - like in the HST.

Judy, glad you are back and feeling better.

Thanks everyone for your help with the fabric. I think I will use the brights in the second photo and will see about changing the squigly to one of the A-D fabrics. I will save the civil war fabrics for another trip, bigger quilt. Yeah, been saving them for awhile now.

I have duty this weekend but will try to contribute to the food car next week. I want to try that pumkin butter in the crock pot mentioned earlier, but that will have to wait 'til next weekend so i can put up the extra so everyone can take a jar home with them. The avacados are not ripe yet either, but maybe by the end of the trip!

dart1 11-02-2012 12:18 PM

Help - I'm trying to post a picture of my fabrics, which I have never done. When I try to put the picture on here, it doesn't seem to be there. Do you actually see the picture before you send the reply? I know I click on the tree icon and then find my pic, but as I said, the picture doesn't seem to be here. Thanks for any help you can give me!

coopah 11-02-2012 12:31 PM

Yes, the picture should show before you hit the post reply button. Sometimes it takes awhile for the picture to load. I always go to the "go advanced" button when adding a picture. Other than that...I dunno. Good luck and hope you get your picture posted.

katybob 11-02-2012 01:22 PM

dart1, check out Patrice's instructions here http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t168819.html

dart1 11-02-2012 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373980[/ATTACH]
Ok - dinner had to be prepared, eaten and dishes done. (Hubby did dishes). I used Patrice's instructions on re-sizing, but don't know how large the pic will be. It's very small on here. First square (A-B), A is orange print, with green leaves and vines, beige background, and some small white flowers, and B is orange tonal. Second square (C-D), C is the red/gold/orange/white print, and D is the small yellow print. I have white on white print for E, and F is my black print with small yellow, red, gold and green blocks and a meandering stitch pattern through it. Will you guys let me know if these look ok, or do I need to change anything? Did happy dance earlier - received box of fabric from Fabric.Com which I ordered on 10/26, thanks to members on here, and got a great discount. Turned out it cost around $5.00 yard, which is cheaper than buying in our area here.

quilt addict 11-02-2012 04:07 PM

Another try at fabric

1 Attachment(s)
Okay here are the fabrics with Judy's suggestion to move the squiggly to C. Now E and F are similar in value. Not sure if that matters but I am going with my A-D fabrics and worry about the other two later.

Thanks again.

DebLuvsQuiltng 11-02-2012 04:21 PM

Running behind but want to ride!

2 Attachment(s)
Atttached are two options. Not knowing how the E and F fabrics are used, not sure which is best. I personnally prefer the burgandy and green as B and C. Also not sure about the pink.

paintmejudy 11-02-2012 05:43 PM

Dart 1 - they look good

quiltaddict. Soooo pretty. Yes, your E and F are similar in value but it should be okay. Or you could switch the orange D with the bottom purple swirls. Either way will be very nice.

DebbieLuvs - I think I prefer the top combo. Afraid that using the bottom ABCD fabrics could end up visually confusing.

reeskylr 11-02-2012 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some lovely fabrics being tossed about.

Deb, I like the top one too!

Ok, here is my C & D finally, dang I am behind this week :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374011[/ATTACH]