Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

Cindy60545 11-05-2012 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, this clue is finished. Thanks for the extra tip that the E & F go in the corners, somehow the directions weren't reading right to me.
Judy, if you don't feel up to this weeks clue, we'll wait. I just dropped some chocolate chip cookies & nice cold milk in the club car to keep us occupied! Get better soon!

everythinghomemade 11-05-2012 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I feel so behind. Between starting a new job and getting setting up with my new studio. I have not cut into anything yet been watching. I may end up working 14 straight days to cover not working on Turkey day or the day after. I have the fabric pick out!!! Here is what i have going so far[ATTACH=CONFIG]374516[/ATTACH] Although I am thinking of changing E or F to a lighter fabric like a white color.

mom-6 11-05-2012 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everybody's blocks are looking so pretty - of course what else could they be with the delightful fabric choices! I'm thinking my dark may overwhelm my lights, but we'll see.

paintmejudy 11-05-2012 09:05 AM

mom6 - don't worry - your combo will really pop

everythinghomemade - pretty choices, good luck on the new job

All the sets being posted are going to be wonderful. I know it's hard when you are doing a mystery and you keep second guessing yourselves. But all is well on the mystery train, honest.

To all of you, thanks for your good wishes. The bronchitis seems a bit better already, guess I got to the doc in time before it really grabbed hold like it did in May. Or maybe it's the codeine cough syrup! It's the back that is still not good. I miss sewing -- but I'm afraid to be hunched over the machine yet. Poor little Bessie hasn't been turned on in two weeks now!

coopah 11-05-2012 10:41 AM

I'm impressed with everyone's 9 parches! Such variety! Love 9 patches. So I guess I should get going on them. YAY for Judy feeling better. Just be careful so you don't overdo and relapse. We can always hold the train at the station a bit longer. Sometimes quilters enjoy the extra long stops, especially if there's a quilt store nearby!

everythinghomemade 11-05-2012 10:49 AM

Thank you paintmejudy. How are you feeling?

paintmejudy 11-05-2012 11:06 AM

Actually, everything and coopah, I feel like a sack of wet laundry!

I agree with coopah, everyone's 9-patch blocks are great, there is such a variety going on with the passengers.

Maureen 11-05-2012 11:18 AM

I am interested and have lots of fabric but, Im not too experienced. I make pretty much easy patterns. Will I be in over my head if I buy a ticket and get on board?

pbadder 11-05-2012 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5636799)
Actually, everything and coopah, I feel like a sack of wet laundry!

I agree with coopah, everyone's 9-patch blocks are great, there is such a variety going on with the passengers.

Glad you are feeling better Judy, don't over do it and have a relapse. Take things really slow. Here are mine now that I finally got them corrected.[ATTACH=CONFIG]374567[/ATTACH]I agree everyone blocks I've seen so far are great. Everyone is going to have fabulous quilts at the end of this ride. Now I think it's time to go to the dining car for awhile and socialize with the passengers. This train trip has been really great I'm having a great time and enjoying meeting new friends along the way.

mom-6 11-05-2012 11:32 AM

Judy, you keep being a good girl and drink lots of orange juice, or if you prefer grapefruit or pineapple juice, alternating with lots of water too. Gotta get you all well so you can enjoy the ride with us!