Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

nygal 10-14-2012 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]369708[/ATTACH]Do you think these fabrics would work? If so, what order should I use them in?

paintmejudy 10-14-2012 12:32 PM

tabeelady, ver pretty

urgodsch - yes, I'm afraid it might be too large a print - it looks pretty spread out

As hint to others out there wondering about scale - if you are asking me if something is too big of a print, please put a ruler on it before you take a picture. Thanks.

paintmejudy 10-14-2012 12:37 PM

nygal - I think you will have some good contrast here.
If these were my fabrics I would use the 1st on the left and the white on the right for E and F

As to the rest, in order as shown from left B A C D. Your white background print is pretty big, but the pattern is dense, so I think it will work OK if you have it with the one to the left of it.

SunlitenSmiles 10-14-2012 12:40 PM

wow, just wow love the fabric NYGal

SunlitenSmiles 10-14-2012 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is what I choose early this morning.....liked it then.....back home now....not so much

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369730[/ATTACH]

reeskylr 10-14-2012 01:15 PM

I was going to jump on the last train ride, but I forgot. I've got the ticket on this one now. lol I've never done a mystery one, this should be fun!

I need to go stash hunting, I'm thinking....hrm...

paintmejudy 10-14-2012 01:56 PM

Oh yeah, sunlite, fantastic -- what'st not to like with purple and green! It'll be gorgeous, girl.

And reeskylr, you'll have a blast - good traveling companions. Glad you coming with us.

reeskylr 10-14-2012 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I LOVE purple and green. lol, dunno why.

I'm going with more --- err Civil War colors -- which is the only thing I can think of at the moment. I finally got a nice stash built up after one of our local stores got in a ton of it from an estate sale. She totally unloaded on me for ten bucks. I love that woman. LOL

Anyway, here is my picks: [ATTACH=CONFIG]369734[/ATTACH]

I wanted to use E for A, but didn't have enough of it. I hope there is enough for E. My camera on my phone is kinda crappy so they look more washed out than they really are.

bibliostone 10-14-2012 02:57 PM

I think I am going to try to catch this train. Since we are vacationing, I will have to sacrifice and buy some fabric. Has anyone gone to the Fabric Outlet in Burlington, N.C? We went past it the other day and will do so again at the end of the week. Is it worth a stop and look see?

clevermom3kids 10-14-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the fabrics I could come up with from my stash. I stuck a ruler in the pic. to show scale. I had to purchase the pink check. I'm hoping my D and E have enough contrast. One is a white/natural cloverleaf print, the other a white on natural dot print. Also, my D is 1 1/2yds but all fat quarters. Will there be any long strips needed from D?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369753[/ATTACH]