Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month, February 2013 - Crazy Heart Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-february-2013-crazy-heart-photos-t212613.html)

jmoore 02-08-2013 04:58 AM

Diana, I love the little hearts around your crazy heart... nice job!

rwquilts 02-08-2013 08:27 AM

I just caught up on looking at these great finished heart blocks...pretty, pretty blocks ladies! Such creativity! I have my pattern printed out...just need to figure out what fabrics to use. :) Can't wait to see more pretty blocks!

SulaBug 02-08-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 5846689)
SulaBug, did you just turn your edges and blanket stitch or did you use any sort of bond facing? Your crazy heart is beautifu and I am just trying to think of the best way to attach it to my block.

Yes, I turned the edges under around the heart & blanket stitched it onto my background fabric. Then I added my embroidery stitches on top of that. I am thinking for sure, that the heart isn't going to go any where, hopefully!! :D Thank you for your kind compliment on my Crazy Heart block. I will be anxious to see how yours turn's out to. Good Luck & happy stitching!!
:D :D :D :D

Quiltntime 02-08-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5845469)
I have finally finished my Crazy Heart block for February. This block was so much fun to make, I really enjoyed this pattern. Instead of machine stitching all of the little pieces i chose to do hand embroidery work, because I love to do it that way. I hope you like my block for this month. ENJOY!!

Very pretty! Love the prints you picked, and your hand embroidery work.

Difergie 02-09-2013 12:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Alright, here is my February block...because I am using civil war fabrics, I didn't want it to look victorian so I tried to make it look more traditional? I also am making some small pieces each month to work in the finished quilt...I am showing them to you so you can keep me honest and make sure I do it EVERY month! The civil war fabrics are not colors I would usually use, so it is kind of hard for me to stay true...but I will....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394121[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394122[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 02-09-2013 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 5849845)
Alright, here is my February block...because I am using civil war fabrics, I didn't want it to look victorian so I tried to make it look more traditional? I also am making some small pieces each month to work in the finished quilt...I am showing them to you so you can keep me honest and make sure I do it EVERY month! The civil war fabrics are not colors I would usually use, so it is kind of hard for me to stay true...but I will....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394121[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394122[/ATTACH]

WOW!! :D Your February block is absolutely gorgeous, I just love it. The appliqued flowers that you added really do make your block look like cival war era. Also the blocks that you are making to go with them are really great. I really like your idea's & will be anxiously waiting to see the future months along with the extra's!! Good Job.

patricej 02-10-2013 05:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
we've been treated to some very clever and beauooootefaminous hearts so far. :thumbup:

i'm a bit happier with my second attempt.
not ready for my close-up yet, though, Mr. DeMille. LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394286[/ATTACH]

czpainter40 02-10-2013 11:49 AM

Thanks Jmoore I couldn't resist it. Cajunbear did it too.

czpainter40 02-10-2013 11:52 AM

Difergie love your colors and prints can't wait to see it finished love your borders too

SulaBug 02-10-2013 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 5851173)
we've been treated to some very clever and beauooootefaminous hearts so far. :thumbup:

i'm a bit happier with my second attempt.
not ready for my close-up yet, though, Mr. DeMille. LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394286[/ATTACH]

Patrice...............your block turned out beautiful. I love the color's & your stitching on each of the seams!! You did GOOD GIRL!! :D Kudo's to you & everyone who has shared their blocks so far. This was such a fun block.