Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month, July 2013 - Blackford's Beauty - Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-july-2013-blackfords-beauty-photos-t224981.html)

djmat 07-10-2013 09:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my July & an extra block for the big bed. Whew, so glad to catch up! Still don't like the colors, but Mary does, so let her have it her way! Love everyone's block, wow, you all have really made wonderful blocks this month!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423363[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423365[/ATTACH]
sorry the lighting is so bad at the condo near the base, too much to drag my Ott light around & so little space. Hand quilting DGD's Fairy quilt due in mid August. Funny, this small living room even holds the twin quilt frame but have to go through the small foyer & kitchen to get to the other side of the room! Hubby was cooking something yummie & laughed at me darting through the kitchen constantly when I was mounting the quilt. New job is real work, but I like it a lot & they even pay me! Preparing my fabric wish list!!!!

mimiknoxtaylor 07-11-2013 04:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423383[/ATTACH]
Here's my July block. I may make it again when I get home from 2 week vacation. I like the colors but have a new piecing foot -1 with 1/4" on either side, and my block came out a little too large so I need to fine tune my seam allowance

sewmerry 07-11-2013 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 6171189)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423383[/ATTACH]
Here's my July block. I may make it again when I get home from 2 week vacation. I like the colors but have a new piecing foot -1 with 1/4" on either side, and my block came out a little too large so I need to fine tune my seam allowance

I love your color combo. It very eye catching and I see your block is very well made. Why would you redo?

Roma Bauder 07-11-2013 11:12 AM

Mimi I like your colors. Here's mine( I hope). Cant get it up. Maybe my Canadian neighbor will help me again

Roma Bauder 07-11-2013 11:22 AM

thimble going to try to post BOM I found resize

Roma Bauder 07-11-2013 11:30 AM

Nope nothing I try is working.GRRRRR!!!!!:mad:

ann clare 07-11-2013 11:35 AM

Beautiful blocks.

CAS49OR 07-11-2013 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I sure changed this one! Amazing how poor color choices changed the whole pattern. Oh well, at least I have a big, pretty X.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423463[/ATTACH]

marytoddliz 07-11-2013 08:19 PM

cas, I like your, it is very pretty. I saw a block the other day when I was perusing the internet and thought, boy that looks familiar! It was the Blackford's Beauty, but had a different name. The color combinations might have been a little different also, but the pieces were the same. I can't remember what it was called now. But I guess it is pretty common to have a block called by more than one name.

dd 07-12-2013 03:44 AM

CAS49OR I love your block and not just because it's purple. I think the center x looks very 3D. Looks almost like crystals coming out of a geode. The black really sets it off.