Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

createfourpaws 01-08-2013 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 5772870)
I made the bigger size but now am wishing it was even bigger. Maybe a couple of extra borders. We'll see.
Anyone else dieting? I just signed up today and weighed in for a weight loss challenge in our community. I left a veggie tray in the club car for anyone else trying to cut back.

I love your quilt. I am with you on making it bigger. I will see what happens when we get the next clue.

Pam H 01-08-2013 11:10 PM

hmmm.....don't know why my picture gets turned sideways when I am on my laptop. On my i-Pad it's going the right way.

sewNso 01-09-2013 05:36 AM

esther, and janie. love your blues and oranges. i had a piece of orange, and it called out to me, but i went for the safe black. and the little checkes really tied everything together . looks like you both used smaller scale, prints to tie you quilts together. keep up the good work ladies. and no, you aren't slow, we don't get our next clue till sat. so finishing fri nite is just fine. i finished mine, so i could get other stuff done in the mean time. i am working on my 2nd dear jane, and i am making lots of 12 friendship star blocks out of my colored scrubs material. to have on hand, when i need a quick gift, etc. and to keep around here, for my house, so next generation can lay claim to them hopefully. since their houses are already full, and they have plenty right now.

Caroline S 01-09-2013 05:42 AM

Thank Judy. I pressed my seams as you did and for the same reason. The best way to get a good star point is to press the seam away from the point.

paintmejudy 01-09-2013 05:55 AM

Don't forget to resize your pictures to a maximum of 640 pixel, either horizontal or vertical, or they won't upload

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 5772541)
Yeah! Igot the second step done! Being in a weird mood,I took the pieces cut off of the flying geese triangles and stitched them together in rows...gotta be a place for them somewhere! After some on the QB posted about crumb quilts,I thought I'd get a start...If I could figure out to post pics,I would...gotta wait til some kid comes home and shows me. In the meantime off to the club car for a thimbleful of Oregon Pinot Gris. Cheers!

paintmejudy 01-09-2013 06:03 AM

Pam H love your colors - the white stars really pop. I wish I had used the darker 12-1/2" strips, but then mine is for summer so it will be fine.

Can't wait to show you my king quilt, I did add the extra row and it is 6 rows by 7. But have to wait until Saturday, don't want to spoil the mystery for those who haven't decided what we will do with the last clue. Need to trim it and figure out what to use for binding. I haven't bought any fabric for this, and don't want to have to make the trip to Joann for just a yard of fabric for to bind it. The back has 4 strips of fabric of stuff I was not too fond of, but I am the only one who will see the funky back! A truly scrappy stash buster. Oh wait, does it count if I had to buy batting? Nah. Not many of us keep a batt stash. :p

cat-on-a-mac 01-09-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5773306)
..... Oh wait, does it count if I had to buy batting? Nah. Not many of us keep a batt stash. :p

Yeah, my batt stash is mostly odd pieces and trimmed off sides and I HATE piecing together a batting!

labeelady 01-09-2013 06:45 AM

Regarding batting, Hancock Fabrics has it for 30% off starting tomorrow (Thursday, Jan. 10) until Jan 30.
Starting Sunday, Jan. 20, Joann's has it for 50% off.

I have two packages I haven't opened yet, so will probably wait until later to get any.

francie yuhas 01-09-2013 06:48 AM

Elizabrat..yup,I cut the back off the flying geese off,sewed em together and made hst out of them,sewed them together into strips of 12 . Now you know why I needed a thimbleful of wine. I have never made a mini project,might be the start of one.
I give quilts to homeless folks who prefer ugly as they are less likely to be stolen.

anightmoon 01-09-2013 07:10 AM

Elisabrat-
You aren't alone in the panic attack- luckily I have some help here so a little of everything went into the squares (who knew 3 yr olds could help so much?) Pat on the back for you for getting as many as you have done. It won't look like barf when you are done- so dig into the craps and grab a handful to cut blocks out of it- don't second guess or put any back- just use them.
Anightmoon