Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

VickiM 01-22-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5804846)
Vicki, you took scrappy to a whole new level. Finishing blue makes the stars stand out. Is the binding going to be scrappy?

Not sure yet...depends on what I decide to use for the backing...may have to add a 2 1/2" border around the quilt first so I don't cut off any of the star points with binding.

SheriR 01-22-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso (Post 5806344)
sheri, beautiful.
mean, i took one of craftsy's quilting classes. or at least i started it, just before i broke my shoulder/arm. it never expires.--cheap also, i thought. was thinking, since i had the 2nd computer downstairs, that i should finish it.
hope all is well with you.

thanks! I should try a craftsy class. My motto for my next 28 quilts is "It all puckers in the wash" :D Not even near perfect quilting, but I'm thinking by the time I finish all my quilts, I might improve... lol :D

sustraley 01-22-2013 06:11 PM

SheriR-love the back too.

sewsewquilter 01-23-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5806375)
thanks! I should try a craftsy class. My motto for my next 28 quilts is "It all puckers in the wash" :D Not even near perfect quilting, but I'm thinking by the time I finish all my quilts, I might improve... lol :D

You're my kind of person. "It all puckers in the wash." :D

Evie 01-23-2013 05:50 PM

SheriR, your quilt is beautiful -- especially the fuschia backing! I haven't gotten very far on my quilt, but I'm making mine using squares cut from remnants from my late mom's sewing projects. I'm keeping this one for myself so I'm only working on it between other stuff I'm doing. Are we always the last recipients of our own endeavors? :rolleyes:

SheriR 01-23-2013 11:19 PM

Evie, what you say is true. I gift myself last. LoL I think it's so sweet you can make a quilt that will mean so much to you. Enjoy the process! And please remember to share your finish with us.

urgodschild2 01-24-2013 08:39 AM

OH I discovered something else about loading pictures. Maybe only my machine that does it. I have to load the picture first. Then type what I want to say. If I do that in reverse....type my message first.....then upload it won't work. Don't know why but that is how it works for me. Maybe that is how it will work for others too. Don't know but thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.
Isn't it amazing how all our quilts look so different. I love this pattern and I love all the pictures of everyones quilt. Just amazes me.

irishrose 01-24-2013 09:11 AM

I can load pictures anywhere i want - before, in or after text. I do find that if it loads in the text and i don't want it to, I can't move it.

quilt addict 01-24-2013 12:33 PM

Everyone's quilts look great. I will try and post a picture of mine this weekend if it is sewed together. It is all up on the design wall and I am doing some each day. Judy, thanks for a great ride and pattern. I think I will be making some more of these. Didn't seem to use up much of the stash........

irishrose 01-24-2013 01:08 PM

I'd be done if I had a personal presser. Every time I need more pieces they are on the ironing board. I haven't used much stash either, but I've sure made a mess trying to find the scraps I want.