Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

Aurora 02-23-2013 09:08 PM

i have been working to get my last one finished so I can get started with everyone else. Sure hope to keep up on this one and spend some quality in the Club Car.

irishrose 02-23-2013 09:19 PM

My scrappy is on the 301 being quilted. It should be done by Saturday so I can start the new one. I love mysteries.

meanmom 02-24-2013 06:25 AM

I found my missing 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 pieces from my mystery quilt this week. I have no idea how they ended up in the folder that I take to my guild meetings. I had to re-cut all of them for my quilt. I will sew them together somehow and make some doll quilts for Salvation Army and Toys for Tots. Great FMQ practice quilts. My mystery quilt is quilted and ready to bind this week. I am ready for the next mystery. Mine is going to the school carnival. Hope it raises a lot of money.
I am ready for the next mystery. Gotta use up a lot of my stash this year. That is my goal. I already have a home for the new one. I am giving it to a co-worker as a chemo quilt. SHe has been drooling over the other one. I will use similar colors on the next one. Can't wait!!!!!!
I will have to bake something yummy for the new ride.

haylillan 02-24-2013 07:14 AM

count me in will be @ the station in my town thanks judy i really look forward to these train rides

Evie 02-24-2013 09:09 AM

Woohoo, I'm ready! I've got the tops done for rides 2, 3 and 4, but of course all are now in the to-be-quilted pile. But, can't wait to get goin' on ride 5. Thanks, Judy. Looking forward to seeing y'all next Saturday.

retiredteacher09 02-24-2013 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my quilt so I am ready for Saturday's clue! I tied this one and it will be donated. On the end of it is the backing material I used. Another piece from our church's donation pile.

I really love how it turned out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397559[/ATTACH]

sewplease 02-24-2013 07:15 PM

I finally put an extra border on mine and finished the top today. I had dark brown sashing with cream stars and decided to add a 5 inch brown border. I really like this one and wish I could post a picture, but no camera.

I sure like your blue stars, Retiredteacher! Very pretty quilt. :-)

retiredteacher09 02-24-2013 07:28 PM

Sew please, thank you.

Quiltaddiction 02-25-2013 02:31 AM

Can't wait for Saturday !! Wahoo another mystery train ride!

Caroline S 02-25-2013 07:36 AM

Love the blue stars Retiredteacher. I have enough blocks cut to do another one and I think I will use blue for the border and stars. Question. I see a four of the nine patch blocks with curves. Are they pieced or are they fussy cut from another fabric? I like the looks of the curves.