Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Caroline S 04-02-2012 05:25 PM

Y'all caught me on the way back to the caboose in search of the wine, crackers and cheese. Darn, gotta turn around.

Jenniky 04-02-2012 05:34 PM

Grab a bottle of wine before you turn around.. I think we might be needing it in the sewing car to find our way through the wild geese. :) :) :) :) :)

Caroline S 04-02-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5111829)
Grab a bottle of wine before you turn around.. I think we might be needing it in the sewing car to find our way through the wild geese. :) :) :) :) :)

Grabbing two just in case.

SunlitenSmiles 04-02-2012 05:41 PM

In the caboose feeding crackers to the geese.....trying to quiet them.......they are flaping their wings and I am thinking it is going to be a long two weeks till we get them pinned down.

paintmejudy 04-02-2012 05:46 PM

Last word from me on the geese (other than saying again I apologize for the confusion) I stand by the cut fabric sizes of 6" x 3-1/4" and 3-1/4" square. You all can feel free to do them however you like, as long as they will fit the quilt top. So how's that for my being non-instructive and wishy-washy -- let 'er rip how-some-ever you'd like!!!!! And now I think I need to have a glass of wine. See you in the club car.

Everose 04-02-2012 06:08 PM

Wine it is!!!! I haven't even started on the "geese" because we haven't done taxes yet. Tonight I sat on floor filing the 12 months of papers. Now to state looking for some of the info and hubby will be out of town. I LOVE this time of year.

We don't send my hubby shopping. He LOVES it. We usually have a bet on if he is sent for 1 thing, how many will he come home with. So it is safer for me to go.

Okay time to get Mom to bed and quiet time for me.

Have a good one ladies!

Everose 04-02-2012 06:14 PM

Wine it is!!!! I haven't even started on the "geese" because we haven't done taxes yet. Tonight I sat on floor filing the 12 months of papers. Now to state looking for some of the info and hubby will be out of town. I LOVE this time of year.

We don't send my hubby shopping. He LOVES it. We usually have a bet on if he is sent for 1 thing, how many will he come home with. So it is safer for me to go.

Okay time to get Mom to bed and quiet time for me.

Have a good one ladies!

Caroline S 04-02-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5111851)

In the caboose feeding crackers to the geese.....trying to quiet them.......they are flaping their wings and I am thinking it is going to be a long two weeks till we get them pinned down.

What??? The crackers going to the geese??? Find the wine and put it in their water. That should calm them.

paintmejudy 04-02-2012 06:46 PM

LOL great idea Caroline

irishrose 04-02-2012 07:22 PM

I am far behind because I don't like one of my fabrics. I did 100 flying geese for my son's quilt using the big square and four smaller ones and cutting. They came out well. I will have to calculate what size to cut to get 6 by 3 1/4, but it shouldn't be a problem. His geese were close to this size.

Let's see, wine would make me sleepy and I need to be on hyper speed. Ah, sugar!! Blonde brownies with butter pecan ice cream and homemade caramel sauce will do it me. One large serving, please. I'll make enough to share.