Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Oksewnsew 04-03-2012 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, I got my geese done this afternoon..It was funny, as I was making them, a flock of local geese went honking over the house. I just smiled. ;o) We live between 2 lakes and they make their trip couple times a day. My geese will just 'hang' around til next clue.

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325068[/ATTACH]

paintmejudy 04-03-2012 03:53 PM

Go ahead and post your blocks, everyone, so we can all see how they look.
Very nice, Oksew.

I just went back to look at some old postings and the pictures are huge, was out of scale, only see a fraction of the picture. Is anyone else seeing wierd stuf like that?

Oksewnsew 04-03-2012 04:25 PM

I don't kno if this will help in sizing the pictures for you or not, but works for me. If you will open your picture in PAINT, then go to IMAGE, it opens your picture, put 45 in both the '100' spots and clk ok..then SAVE AS, your picture... This method works for me, hope it will for ya'all..

Jean

Everose 04-03-2012 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings ladies!!!

Well instead of working on the flying geese, I worked on getting taxes ready for the bookkeeper. But I did make a pair of Easter pillow cases for DD. Has anyone else found that the holiday fabrics just aren't what we had before or is it just me? Anyway, I found this fabric and love the bright colors and the purple one has hearts on it.

Take care.[ATTACH=CONFIG]325076[/ATTACH]

Jenniky 04-03-2012 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5114208)
Go ahead and post your blocks, everyone, so we can all see how they look.
Very nice, Oksew.

I just went back to look at some old postings and the pictures are huge, was out of scale, only see a fraction of the picture. Is anyone else seeing wierd stuf like that?

Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Curious

Everose I love your bunny material..I do agree that I have seen older holiday fabrics that are better design.

SunlitenSmiles 04-03-2012 04:58 PM

checked with my grandson and he says the site manager may have changed settings or we have been hacked by some clown.........................color me sad........

SunlitenSmiles 04-03-2012 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325117[/ATTACH]
whispering....do not want to wake the geese....going to put them back in their project box till 4/16

jaba 04-03-2012 08:12 PM

The directions you gave are fine. I don't throw the cut offs, I just sew a double seam , 1/4", cut between , and then have little 2 3/4" squares for another project or a sashing row for the quilt.....depending on the finished project. But the nice thing is, they're already sewn and even ready for a scrappy, works for me.

SulaBug 04-03-2012 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5114199)
Hey, I got my geese done this afternoon..It was funny, as I was making them, a flock of local geese went honking over the house. I just smiled. ;o) We live between 2 lakes and they make their trip couple times a day. My geese will just 'hang' around til next clue.

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325068[/ATTACH]

Jean, I just love how your flying geese turned out. Your color's look so pretty together!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 04-03-2012 11:14 PM

Everose...........What pretty Easter pillowcases you have made for your DD. I am sure that she will just love them & you are right about the Easter fabric, as I couldn't find much of an assortment this year either. Maybe next year!!
:D :D :D :D