Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 06-21-2015, 07:22 PM

ok lets see if my second drink shows up. two down three more blocks to fit the row. yahoo!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523073[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails two-drinks-beach-quilt.jpg  
Old 06-21-2015, 07:25 PM

boy is his phone taking cruddy pics! he is going to have to get me batteries so I can take them! ok shush up he took a picture don't complain. sigh. It has been a very hard weekend for me. I fell on Friday and have been a chicken every since about walking about. plus my blood pressure has been beyond low so my energy is limited. I did get this block done finally and wanted to share with you that I am still in the game here. just moving real slow lol.

What is on your table for the month of July quilting or hand made wise? anything new, good or just plain different you are doing? any recipes you want to share? while your quilting of course. lol
Old 06-22-2015, 06:49 PM

I believe that looks like a pina colada, Brat. My favorite drink. Looking good.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:05 AM

I thought maybe a sunrise with the red on the bottom? lol. clueless. I haven't had a beach cocktail in forever. last time I went to the tropics I was so young. 20 yrs ago! sure I took cruz's but Alaska is not tropical beach drink weather! someone once bought me a green thing on that cruz celebrating their engagement (awful drink lol) but oh so cute. do you think I should do two drinks and three pinwheels or three drinks and two pinwheels on the top? trying to figure it out and moving so slow doing it. hoping to get things moving on Wed. Yesterday was like the best day of my life two days off? omg I took TWO naps yesterday and it felt marvelous. then fell asleep at 10 and woke at 11 passed back out at 11:15! I was tired! best part was? I could do it without any guilt! oh yeah!

I am using a hat pic I found on google images for the bottom row. maybe easier? crossing fingers lol. then the sides will be super easy.. flowers. hoping to find a good tropical image and frame out pics of flowers up and down the sides. getting there!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:16 AM

Well its quiet in a lot of rooms these days. Must be summer time vacations that everyone is enjoying? no vacation for me same old same old. AND ITS HOT. the mornings are ever so pleasant but the afternoons? 90 plus and that I am not having too much fun with.

Today I will work on a block that is not applique for the center of my top row then I can decide if it needs more or less in the applique department. hoping for less as well.. its not fun. Wish I could find a way that made it fun. I like the end results just not the detail work. but if I get one block done today well.. yippee! its cool now so its sewing time. then I will melt later
Old 06-24-2015, 05:59 AM

I need a new project. Maybe a 4 seasons row piece. I have a bazillion scraps. Thinking about it!!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:47 AM

Brat, Maybe you're tired of applique, but my vote would be for three drinks and two pinwheels. Either would work though.

I'm thinking of my next one too. It will be Fairbanks, Alaska where we lived for 22 years. I could do the midnight sun (summer) but will probably do winter. Got to have the northern lights.

Last edited by whitepine; 06-24-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:41 PM

Has anyone checked out the Row by Row Experience? Google "Row by Row 2015 Facebook" each state seems to have their own page and the pictures are awesome. The theme is water and there are loads of rows dealing with lakes, oceans, etc. I already spent way too much time looking....and getting ideas!!
Have my binding cut, sewn, ironed and ready. Just returned from MD, and have so much to catch up on. And I wanna go and spend time at the beach - both LI Sound and the Ocean. Summer is here and although the water hasn't warmed up much, and I look like a beached whale, I gotta get there!!
Old 06-27-2015, 03:58 AM

I have not seen that row robin before. Interesting travinglinggrandma. I think a four seasons quilt Dotcom would be very cool. and knowing you it would have a modern twist to it. Color play alone is your area of joy isn't it? there are so many things you could do. I know the holidays will show up much faster than you would ever imagine. I think a santa theme or a snow man theme would be super cute.

I cut my next piece for the top. I have gone with two drinks since there are two lounge chairs on that beach. so I need a center block which will be bigger and then a side small block on each side or simply a piece of the parrot fabric in between say a 2 inch strip or so .. this is a bright center block which I found on the quiltingboard.com so its easy enough I hope. some of those blocks are darned hard! this is a 12.5 inch block and I will top the quilt block and bottom it with more parrot fabric to make it 15" tall. phew. that is the goal for Saturday. yahoo!
Old 06-27-2015, 03:53 PM

Hey all, your projects are all looking great...I'm really enjoying seeing your drinks, Elisabrat and loved those paper-pieced trees...today I AM taking back my sewing room from the puppets...they and their costumes (from previous years) and my puppet making supplies are everywhere. I'm feeling the pressure on my upcoming projects (I have several to finish for the end of August.) Plus, I really want to make a OBW from some material I have but promised myself to finish these others all first.
I love this thread, you are all so inspiring. Thanks.