Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 06-15-2015, 06:42 AM

going to work on that drink today today is my GOOD day of the week. one day a week I feel normal for about 3 hours which is a miracle for me. I take it! I want to fnish my forth block on the mystery quilt that themamahauser is doing on facebook. its fun its all half square triangles I can do that! and it seems each block is a 4 row block so its amazing the different blocks she is doing. there are 33 blocks that will be given out so its going to take some time which is good for me. one block every 10 days is not too huge. The other thing I just finished yesterday was my mini which I was happy with. its for the mini wall hanging here on facebook. my hands did not cramp once when making binding. awesome! I hate crampy witchy hands! was told deep blue works really good might just try it. who am I kidding? I will try it. if you could see my ufo pile you would laugh. those two quilts that need binding are just the most amazing thing. normally I whip that up quick! I mean your that close to being done! then I have those baby quilts to put together. and then there is the Halloween quilt and the 24 boom blocks of Christmas fabrics I got back and oh there is the one quilt that is one block, one block from being done.. and what the heck happened? come on over and help! all volunteers greatly appreciated! what? your not running? you have your own things to do too? sigh. worse yet. does it stop me from getting MORE fabric? no it does not. currently I am collecting slowly some kaffe fassett fabric. I am a member of this group on facebook that is for that fabric. OMG the fabric is wild but when put together it is amazing to look at. does any of this go on in your home? you suddenly fall in love with a line and your off and running? I did this with holiday flourish by Robert Kaufman last couple years. could not get enough of it. lol. fabric is my addiction. sigh. It happens lol. I am refusing treatment currently. and oh my you should see my brown pile of fat quarters. omg it is a growing growing growing type of pile. what happened there???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522416[/ATTACH]thisi s the mug rug rug I just got from ljdugas for the mini. cant post mine yet since she hasn't received it but its coming!
Attached Thumbnails june-mini-mug-rug-swap.jpg  
Old 06-15-2015, 02:28 PM

My favorite fabric designer is Kaffe Fasset & I have a lot of quilts I have made from the Rowan line, incl Philip Jacobs & Martha Negley. My home is very bright and cheerful! That's KF in my avatar pic!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
going to work on that drink today today is my GOOD day of the week. one day a week I feel normal for about 3 hours which is a miracle for me. I take it! I want to fnish my forth block on the mystery quilt that themamahauser is doing on facebook. its fun its all half square triangles I can do that! and it seems each block is a 4 row block so its amazing the different blocks she is doing. there are 33 blocks that will be given out so its going to take some time which is good for me. one block every 10 days is not too huge. The other thing I just finished yesterday was my mini which I was happy with. its for the mini wall hanging here on facebook. my hands did not cramp once when making binding. awesome! I hate crampy witchy hands! was told deep blue works really good might just try it. who am I kidding? I will try it. if you could see my ufo pile you would laugh. those two quilts that need binding are just the most amazing thing. normally I whip that up quick! I mean your that close to being done! then I have those baby quilts to put together. and then there is the Halloween quilt and the 24 boom blocks of Christmas fabrics I got back and oh there is the one quilt that is one block, one block from being done.. and what the heck happened? come on over and help! all volunteers greatly appreciated! what? your not running? you have your own things to do too? sigh. worse yet. does it stop me from getting MORE fabric? no it does not. currently I am collecting slowly some kaffe fassett fabric. I am a member of this group on facebook that is for that fabric. OMG the fabric is wild but when put together it is amazing to look at. does any of this go on in your home? you suddenly fall in love with a line and your off and running? I did this with holiday flourish by Robert Kaufman last couple years. could not get enough of it. lol. fabric is my addiction. sigh. It happens lol. I am refusing treatment currently. and oh my you should see my brown pile of fat quarters. omg it is a growing growing growing type of pile. what happened there???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522416[/ATTACH]thisi s the mug rug rug I just got from ljdugas for the mini. cant post mine yet since she hasn't received it but its coming!
Good morning. Another fabricaholic here, terrible, terrible. I was wondering, that mystery quilt with all the half square triangles sounds like fun, but how does one get to do it if you aren't part of that facebook group. Can anyone join it, and what does it take. Thanks for the help. Anne
Old 06-17-2015, 07:42 PM

I am not doing this row by row but I have been watching everyone's progress and thoroughly enjoying all of the rows so far. I just saw that Wisconsin quilt shops are doing a row by row. Each shop has their own row and they all pertain to water. There is a facebook page showing all the rows. I don't think I can put a link on here but if you google facebook Wisconsin Row by Row it should take you to it. You can scroll through to see all the different ones. Some are quite impressive. The one with loons was amazing. There's even one with an Adirondack chair!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:32 AM

I saw that and it looks like a ton of fun!!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
I am not doing this row by row but I have been watching everyone's progress and thoroughly enjoying all of the rows so far. I just saw that Wisconsin quilt shops are doing a row by row. Each shop has their own row and they all pertain to water. There is a facebook page showing all the rows. I don't think I can put a link on here but if you google facebook Wisconsin Row by Row it should take you to it. You can scroll through to see all the different ones. Some are quite impressive. The one with loons was amazing. There's even one with an Adirondack chair!
The Row by Row is throughout the US and Canada, not just Wisconsin, if you google rowbyrow you'll get their web site and all of the shops that are participating. There was another thread started...I think it was in the off-line events...or other resources...

...found it! http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...w-t266011.html

Last edited by SuziSew; 06-18-2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: ad link
Old 06-19-2015, 06:50 PM

Hi everyone. It's been a while but I've been working a little on my tree row. After two trials, I finally found a pattern that would work for me. Not sewn together yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]522860[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1000099%25%25.jpg  

Last edited by whitepine; 06-19-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:01 PM

Dotcom, I'd never heard of Sashiko.....very pretty stuff.
Elizabrat, Love your blue cocktail. The flower is a great touch.
Koriana, Great puppets. I just tried to make a doll and so I appreciate how hard it is.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:03 PM

Love those trees - perfect coloring. I had worked on a a quilt along with Carol Doak and used the batiks and loved using them for trees, etc.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:09 PM

Sashiko is very portable & you don't have to concentrate hard if you are stitching & visiting.
I buy my stamped designs from Easy Pieces, an online shop run by a teacher at my LQS. I am making a series of 5 for my DD's long wall in her new apartment.