Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 06-09-2015, 06:24 AM

Hi all - just wanted to update you on my concern with washing my wedding dress(50 years old) and then using it to make bride dresses for my 2 granddaughters with a couple of dolls I have. Well I jumped in head first and came out good. I washed it with some Fuller delicate fabric wash in warm water in the delicate cycle of my washing machine and it came out beautiful - then just hung it up to dry. My washer is one of those without an agitator and I think that makes a difference as there is no friction from the agitator on the clothes. So now it's clean and I need to come up with the next plan - making little dresses which I don't like - I don't like to make clothes anymore just quilts. The dress is taffeta - quite plain so there is plenty of fabric to work with. Anyway I wanted to share my outcome on that project. No quilting now - but things are going on in my head. Am just trying to keep up with the outside things. Am waiting to see pictures!!!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 11:11 AM

I am still here and haven't been back to sewing yet UGHHH!!

I believe I may have over committed myself between work, extended family, home and the Quilting Board. I HATE THAT FEELING! I want to sew and play!! We live in an older house that the uptstairs (where my sewing room is) get unbearably hot so I will have to have the DH help me move my sewing to the basement for a bit. This way I can manage to tackle some things at the end of the day.

We will be out of town again this weekend moving my ex mother in law to a facility. It is SO SAD, my heart is breaking that she no longer remembers her own family and becomes afraid easily.

Thinking on the glass fabric... wouldn't an organza work? It is relatively sheer and pretty durable. Just a thought.

Thank you for letting me be here-even tho I am slow on churning out my rows, but Rome wasn't built in a day. I will just keep plodding along until I get it done.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:20 PM

I'm not part of your little group but have been reading this and thought I'd show pictures of the beer and wine glasses that I made and posted to the Patriotic Challenge quite awhile back. All of the fabrics are cotton and might give you an idea. I need to double check but think I found the free patterns on Pat Sloan's site. [ATTACH=CONFIG]521947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521948[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1020798_edited-small-.jpg   p1020799_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 06-09-2015, 02:58 PM

Can't find the actual free pattern now, but see it was called It's 5 o'clock somewhere. The white fabric placed on the darker background helps with the illusion of a "glass" I think.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:06 PM

thimblebug6000 - whoa that glass of beer sure looks good as it is hot (95) and humid here in Minnesota and I don't even care for beer!.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
...We will be out of town again this weekend moving my ex mother in law to a facility. It is SO SAD, my heart is breaking that she no longer remembers her own family and becomes afraid easily..
Dorothy, having lived in Nebraska for 10 years, I can understand about the summer heat and with no a/c it would be rough in your upper sewing room. Plus...I can relate to putting a loved one in a 'facility'. Had to do that with my mom because my sis and I neither one could give her the 24 hour care she required. Sending hugs. I am just following this wonderful thread that Linda started. Too busy this summer to hardly quilt a stitch. :-(
Old 06-11-2015, 05:04 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522033[/ATTACH] trying to find the pic I just downloaded on my computer! argh. I did take a photo of what I received. darn it! this is where I got the idea however
Attached Thumbnails summer-cocktails-icon.png  
Old 06-11-2015, 05:09 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522036[/ATTACH]ok this is what I did. there will be tropical fabric surrounding this block but need to first figure out how big the blocks have to be to make things fit! at least its a start. and thank you for posting the wine glass. your right. white does show up really well on the darker background. I am having to go that route also because well.. not a lot of gray and doing the best I can with what I have. Not going to the fabric store. no I am not. lol. sure. trying hard NOT to go to the fabric store lol. one drink down now three more to go no wonder what I will do be doing this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails img_1238-2-.jpg  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:56 AM

Elizabrat - I love that drink block - awesome. Can't wait to see the completed row.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:37 PM

You did it - those ice cubes and straw and flower - AWESOME -
why do we stress so much and then it goes together so well!! Loving it.