Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 06-11-2015, 03:34 PM

My GD came to visit and asked to make a purse. She did 95% of the sewing. I was so very impressed with her determination. She decided on the colors and positions, and only the one side is pieced while the back front and inside are solid pieces (she loved my scrap box!) Haven't had a chance to touch anything of mine in a week. She goes home tomorrow - I am exhausted. I am so not used to having someone talking all the time and looking over my shoulder all day.
Attached Thumbnails 2015-06-10-16.16.42_resized.jpg  
Old 06-12-2015, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
My GD came to visit and asked to make a purse. She did 95% of the sewing. I was so very impressed with her determination. She decided on the colors and positions, and only the one side is pieced while the back front and inside are solid pieces (she loved my scrap box!) Haven't had a chance to touch anything of mine in a week. She goes home tomorrow - I am exhausted. I am so not used to having someone talking all the time and looking over my shoulder all day.

Awesome job!!!
Old 06-12-2015, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]522036[/ATTACH]ok this is what I did. there will be tropical fabric surrounding this block but need to first figure out how big the blocks have to be to make things fit! at least its a start. and thank you for posting the wine glass. your right. white does show up really well on the darker background. I am having to go that route also because well.. not a lot of gray and doing the best I can with what I have. Not going to the fabric store. no I am not. lol. sure. trying hard NOT to go to the fabric store lol. one drink down now three more to go no wonder what I will do be doing this weekend!
Great drink block. That is what I so enjoy about this board, talented people, great ideas, fun times.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:48 AM

love that purse that you and your grand daughter did together I know the feeling about grand children. love them to pieces, spoil them rotten and then.. SEND THEM HOME so you can have some piece and hopefully made enough of a monster their parents will think twice about sending you her again lol. I had a grandma who was so sick she could never have us but mom mom had a "aunt" who took us once into her home for a week while she went to Hawaii with my father. It was like being sent to the secret garden. Her garden was HUGE and she had an old Carriage house in back (wowsa) and a kitchen and dinning room (we never had that!) and a family room and a sitting room and a secret breezeway from front to back (for SERVANTS) and stairs oh those stairs lol and five bedrooms upstairs then the solarium which is where we were allowed to play upstairs and oh darned I would never have gone home if I didn't have to. It was still a home where children were silent but we were allowed to play and read and play in the garden and eat her special snack she had made (anise cookies) and oh I jst loved it. think I was 6 or 7 no more. She sewed and oh so many special treats. WHO WANTED To go home? that is what being with "grandma' was to me. she was the next best thing. sure she was exhausted when she was through with her visit with us. lol. I am exhausted for her!

thanks for the nice words going to work on the next block this weekend. its going to be easier I think. grin.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:17 AM

Today is the beginning of my weekend! yahoo! two whole days off! I plan on one more cocktail this weekend, no no not drinking it. making one on my quilt! I am making a shorter drink in a rainbow color. I saw one looked like a sunrise? its red, orange then yellow ? not sure what it is probably a deadly drink lol but it will look pretty with fabric.

I was thinking you all had a grand show of what you have done. do you have any big projects for Christmas that you might have to get done? Hanukah? a gift that is most important to you? I have a quilt. I have to finish it. I know I do. I need it quilted. for a wedding gift in Oct. I cant bring myself to work on it. what is WRONG with me? one block left. not like its a ton. kick me will you? I am seeing baby quilts and the beach quilt in my minds eye. priorities priorities right? ufos. those sound more like fun than that one quilt. So what is your big picture goal before Christmas? if you only have the fabric for it show it! fabric is an addiction we can all agree on. ok not sure of that. maybe you only buy enough fabric for your next project? uh I have a bookshelf three levels high full of fabric that says that is not my problem. its buying blenders that kill me. how can I have two entire shelves of yardage and not one blender on the shelve? sheesh.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:42 PM

I have several projects going around in my mind and the first will be to gussy up an Elsa & Anna (from Frozen) panel into a quilt for my soon to be 3 year old Granddaughter. Like most little girls she is so into Elsa & Anna that I couldn't resist picking up the panel and will now add a couple of borders to it to make a quilt. Quite a simple project but still have to get at it. I'm going to have my 11 year Granddaughter (sister to the soon to be 3 year old) help with it. I think I'm just going to make blocks to add as one border and maybe another border from the coordinating sisters fabric. That project to do (her 3rd birthday is the end of July). If any of you have any other cute suggestions for the borders let me know. Nothing for Christmas except we always make an exchange gift for a member of our quilt -just something small. Other than that I will be stash busting - coming up with things to make for donations, etc. to try to use up fabric. I am also making pleated curtains with lining for a large bay window. Wish me luck on that one as I've never done that kind of a curtain, but for what the stuff cost I have to get it done. Anyway that is what I am up to.
Beginning next Saturday, we will be staying at a resort "Up North" (my peaceful place) for a week.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:04 PM

I am now in MD to watch my 1 yo GD for a week (her caregiver is taking a week off). I brought my machine to make them covers for the mixer and toaster (we had gotten the material in March and it is about time I get it done.)
I still have two quilts that need sandwiching and the row quilt that needs the binding on, but they are back in NY and will have to wait. I have a stack of brown FQ from connecting threads that I want to make into a quilt for a wedding present. always something to do!!
Can't wait to see your rainbow drink!!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:50 PM

[QUOThis is wonderful summer beverage love it. Appliqué fantastic

TE=Elisabrat;7223328][ATTACH=CONFIG]522036[/ATTACH]ok this is what I did. there will be tropical fabric surrounding this block but need to first figure out how big the blocks have to be to make things fit! at least its a start. and thank you for posting the wine glass. your right. white does show up really well on the darker background. I am having to go that route also because well.. not a lot of gray and doing the best I can with what I have. Not going to the fabric store. no I am not. lol. sure. trying hard NOT to go to the fabric store lol. one drink down now three more to go no wonder what I will do be doing this weekend![/QUOTE]
Old 06-14-2015, 08:48 PM

I finished the animal puppets for this year's VBS and now only have to dress the 4 human puppets and I only have one more outfit to make. Monday through Friday, my husband and I will be performing the puppet show...he decided to take it easy on us this year and only have 11 characters for the two of us to bring to life...he's great at voices (he could be a cartoon voice actor) but I struggle. I only had to make one human puppet...I think this is the 9th year that we've done this and after the 3rd year, I realized that if I didn't hot glue the clothes to the puppets, I could re-use puppets over instead of making new ones every year...I think I have made about a dozen people, we've also collected costume wigs and other props to make the puppets look different. It's funny how much the kids remember the personality of a puppet and it sometimes takes more than a costume change to convince them that the puppets a different "person". Anyway, here's a picture of the five animal puppets --only the giraffe cooperated and smiled at the camera, wouldn't you know. ;-)
With the puppet show out of the way, I can return to quilting...I need to sew my water together and attach it to the sunset...then I will cut my material for the Pyramid blocks and sew them together as a leader/ender for a quick wedding quilt that I need to make for my niece's wedding.(I've posted a picture below of all doll quilt that I made with bali scraps...I've been wanting to do a full sized version and decided to do it for my niece...it will be predominantly purple batiks). I'll also work on my maple leaf blocks for the next row. Once the wedding quilt top is done, I have a black&white UFO that I need to finish for my nephew's graduation (I'll see him @ the wedding so want to have it ready as well). The same weekend is also my family reunion and I want to have a signature quilt ready for the family auction...all this is only 10 weeks away, so I need to get sewing (so glad that I just had my machine serviced...she's in for some serious work.
Attached Thumbnails vbs-animal-puppets.jpg   ellies-doll-quilt.jpg   nephews-quilt-block-layout.png  
Old 06-15-2015, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Koriana View Post
I finished the animal puppets for this year's VBS and now only have to dress the 4 human puppets and I only have one more outfit to make. Monday through Friday, my husband and I will be performing the puppet show...he decided to take it easy on us this year and only have 11 characters for the two of us to bring to life...he's great at voices (he could be a cartoon voice actor) but I struggle. I only had to make one human puppet...I think this is the 9th year that we've done this and after the 3rd year, I realized that if I didn't hot glue the clothes to the puppets, I could re-use puppets over instead of making new ones every year...I think I have made about a dozen people, we've also collected costume wigs and other props to make the puppets look different. It's funny how much the kids remember the personality of a puppet and it sometimes takes more than a costume change to convince them that the puppets a different "person". Anyway, here's a picture of the five animal puppets --only the giraffe cooperated and smiled at the camera, wouldn't you know. ;-)
With the puppet show out of the way, I can return to quilting...I need to sew my water together and attach it to the sunset...then I will cut my material for the Pyramid blocks and sew them together as a leader/ender for a quick wedding quilt that I need to make for my niece's wedding.(I've posted a picture below of all doll quilt that I made with bali scraps...I've been wanting to do a full sized version and decided to do it for my niece...it will be predominantly purple batiks). I'll also work on my maple leaf blocks for the next row. Once the wedding quilt top is done, I have a black&white UFO that I need to finish for my nephew's graduation (I'll see him @ the wedding so want to have it ready as well). The same weekend is also my family reunion and I want to have a signature quilt ready for the family auction...all this is only 10 weeks away, so I need to get sewing (so glad that I just had my machine serviced...she's in for some serious work.
Your puppets are way too cute, very nice job!!