Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 04-30-2015, 03:21 PM

What a great variety. Linda- am really loving what you are doing the rectangle strips of sky moving into the squares of the sea, foam and wet sand - perfect.
Karamarie - It is beautiful - love the landscape and the size of blocks are perfect. Wow!
DotCom- love NYC - and your depiction is perfect.
Loviing it all
Old 05-01-2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
I really need to get in gear. This will be over the next time I blink.
I don't know about anyone else but I'm already thinking about my next one. I really enjoy these. And there are so many different approaches that I'd like to try different ones.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:05 PM

Travelinggramma...I love your quilt, especially where the water & sand meet...such great action and that pebbly, sandy fabric close to the water just screams "sand" so there's no doubt. Wow.
Elisabrat...I'm so happy to read that there's no deadlines...my sewing time this week got commandeered by an emergency trip to Wichita Falls, TX to rescue my stranded daughter-in-law and granddaughter when their car broke down...20 hours there and back with only about a 1 hour break...then I succumbed to the creeping cruds...I think I'm on the mend and will finish squaring up my HSTs for the water and try to get that section sewn together over the before the week's out. My next section is traditional pyramid blocks that I'm using to depict the changing seasons across our Ozark mountains (Thanks, Jabba & Elisabrat for the previous Medallion quilt along.)
Old 05-01-2015, 02:11 PM

Karamarie...love the colors and the balance of pieced, panels and applique blocks...great quilt!
Dotcom...excellent job...your quilt just cries out "metropolitan" and is perfect for NYC.
Elisabrat...your quilt is fun...the sky is sublime with it's pastel sunset and I can't wait to see if you decide to use curved seems in your next section of sand.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:43 AM

I finished the traditional top row with stars. The background changes to match the sky below. I didn't realize how BLUE this was getting. The last row is the forest, which will be green. I should have put in some pink fireweed for more color.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518775[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1200513-%25%25.jpg  
Old 05-03-2015, 02:17 PM

I love your eagles! This is just wonderful.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:59 PM

Whitepine...your quilt is gorgeous...the traditional stars pair wonderfully with all your paper piecing and non-traditional patchwork. I can't wait to see the next row.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:19 AM

ok I am here again! tada! its my day off and I am taking advantage of it completely. not moving fast and truly I don't care. sometimes you have to gift yourself with a time out for sure. I have cut my strips for sand. I chickened out and decided no way can I do wavy strips. just yet anyhow. sigh. but I am going with wide strips because fear of applique over seams is stressing me out too much. ok applique is stressing me out lol. I want those beach chairs done yesterday. I tried drawing them five times the other day. think another five times and they will be passible enough to cut out. too bad I just didn't find an applique chair in the right size to put on or a fabric with say 8" lounge chairs lol like that is going to happen! so.. gulp its me and those nemesis chairs. will post a picture after I finish this next round.

I am in heaven over what you guys have done. WOW is all I can say. double wow. yup. The variety and CREATIVITY is amazing. You can start in any time people. if you are not started yet its ok. I have four rounds to do for the row robin part. one for top, bottom and two sides. all will be different. so that is another four months After I finish the round with the beach scene. its going to be a long time lol but it makes me happy so that is worth the row a month! you can jump on in! we will be here. bet you some will be on their second or third try before I finish my first! and that's ok. not all can be champion quilters! but we can sure try! I cant wait to see what your doing and please share. thank you so much for sharing past quilts. it is very inspiring. also.. I need a few ideas for a round of cocktails and one of tropical flowers.. so if you have done one show us! (ok show me!)
Old 05-04-2015, 03:01 PM

You guys are all doing so great. I went shopping today for more 505 spray- to baste my top, batting and back together for FMQ. That's the part I don't enjoy about doing my own FMQing. Also got another shade of thread to use for my FMQing. Would like to get started on it but tomorrow I have cataract surgery on my left eye and then in a few weeks on my right eye so that will slow me down just a little. Grandkids are keeping us running with plays, band recitals, piano recitals, dance recitals, soccer,etc. etc. and occasionally watching the 2 year olds - but it is fun and keeps a person hopping. Elisabrat - just google for ideas on cocktails and tropical flowers quilts - you may get some ideas. Can't wait to see what you do.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Elisabrat try clip art for ideas too.