Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! >

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 AM

So....it's time to switch trains. I'm going to try to keep up, but with it being summer and once a week I'm not sure. Oh well, there's always the caboose. I hope people keep posting their first mysteries here. It's so much fun to see the finished products. Sulabug, nice wall hanging to go with your beautiful mystery. Jenniky, I'm not positive, but I think Sulabug's fabric is by In the Beginning.

Last edited by whitepine; 05-09-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post5204378
A favor, please -- Please stop posting on this old thread, as the more posts it gets, the more it stays at the top of the BOM thread and I want every one to find the new mysterty. click on the new thread shown above, and join the fun. Thanks so much.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Go here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t188477.html to catch the next train.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM

OOOOps I see Judy already posted the link. Another can't hurt.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
Oh, my, I was thinking something you start with canned pumpkin -- ha-ha-ha! I'm not even sure I'd know how to pick a proper pumpkin but the recipe sounds delish. I wonder if I could substitute, sugar free ingredients? DH is diabetic and my Weight Watchers leader is allergic to sugar. I may have to check out the Florida pumpkin crop in the fall and give it a whirl! Thanks for the recipe!
I don't know why you couldn't start with canned pumpkin, roasting gives it a little kick in flavor, but canned will work too - and you can use splenda, I sometimes will mix it half and half with sugar, since my diabetes is under control with no meds or insulin - if you can get the sugar pumpkins, they're extra sweet on their own, so you can use less sugar - if using Splenda, I would just put in the chopped ginger and cook it down, then add the sweetener just before it's done - tasting it to see how sweet it is, adding a little at a time. I think all recipes are suggestions only ... sort of like quilt patterns
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
One more question about the pumpkin butter ... don't laugh. Do I roast the pumpkins with the seed in them or scrape the seeds out first? (Suzie homemaker I'm not but my DH of 41 yrs still loves me ... I think?!)
Small pumpkins you can roast whole (put one or two holes in it like a baked potato), otherwise cut them up and remove the seeds, the stringy stuff is okay, it will get put in the pot with the rest of the pumpkin pulp later - I usually take the seeds out, soak them in salt water and then roast them separately - yum!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Oh please do continue to post Ladies!!!

... I am sure I am not alone in saying that I would like to see these mystery projects as everyone finishes them up. I haven't been able to get back to mine again yet, and still plan to. In the meantime, seeing what everyone else does, will help me with ideas on what's next for mine.

And too, for those that come later, it's important for you to be able to share your fun as you work on your block(s).
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
Small pumpkins you can roast whole (put one or two holes in it like a baked potato), otherwise cut them up and remove the seeds, the stringy stuff is okay, it will get put in the pot with the rest of the pumpkin pulp later - I usually take the seeds out, soak them in salt water and then roast them separately - yum!
Thanks, pumpkin seeds sound yummy too!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:19 AM

I am joining too. I will look for fabrics and post. Thanks paintmejudy for hostessing this mystery quilt.
Pat
Old 05-17-2012, 05:21 AM

I want to join again also. thanks paintmejudy for doing this and taking us on another railroad journey. Clickty Clack, Clickty Clack.

Pat